Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where do you stand with gay marriage and gay sex?
I support the legalization same-sex marriages and I'm fine with gay sex. 60 54.55%
I support the legalization same-sex marriages and I'm not fine with gay sex. 10 9.09%
I don't support the legalization same-sex marriages and I'm fine with gay sex. 5 4.55%
I don't support the legalization same-sex marriages and I'm not fine with gay sex. 35 31.82%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 08:26 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Government should not tell me who and how many I can marry. That decision should be mine.

And I don't care what the religious right or the atheist left believes.

You are free to get a civil marriage license - or not.

If you don't want government involved in your marriage don't get a civil marriage licence.

Just have a marriage ceremony in your church or whatever place you worship in.

How simple is that?

Old 04-10-2014, 08:31 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
I read the article until I got bored, but I didn't see where they defined what particular activity makes up the "gay sex" they refer to. I'm curious about that. In discussions we had on here last year, we learned that studies have shown that herero couple have anal sex more often than gay couples, and people never seem to say how this applies to lesbian couples, so I'm curious what specifically is being discussed in this thread. Is gay sex defined as any sexual activities between same gendered couples, or is it more specific than that?

Old 04-10-2014, 08:38 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Government should not tell me who and how many I can marry. That decision should be mine.

And I don't care what the religious right or the atheist left believes.

Neither do I. And quite frankly, what 2 consenting adults do is not my business. I have my own moral compass, and beliefs, and in the end I'll leave it up to God to be the final judge! Furthermore, what did Jesus say again about passing judgement?

Old 04-10-2014, 08:42 AM

1,136 posts, read 942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
The reason is because most people don't approve of gay sex or consider it normal behavior, but they also don't want to be harassed or hassled about it. They're basically saying "look, if I just agree with you, would you **** already?" This is also true with the legalization of marijuana. I talked to a guy who said he was fine with it and I asked him if it was OK if his kids smoked marijuana. He said "no way." And I asked him how that works and he said "they know it's wrong." I laughed at his face.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:48 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownblues View Post
The reason is because most people don't approve of gay sex or consider it normal behavior, but they also don't want to be harassed or hassled about it. They're basically saying "look, if I just agree with you, would you **** already?" This is also true with the legalization of marijuana. I talked to a guy who said he was fine with it and I asked him if it was OK if his kids smoked marijuana. He said "no way." And I asked him how that works and he said "they know it's wrong." I laughed at his face.
You're right, but the percentage that tolerates the gay activists is shrinking. They're fed up.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:51 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:

Well...as for cannabis... I support legalization 1,000 percent. Having said that, I would not be OK if my kid smoked it recreationally, because I feel it should have the same age requirements as alcohol!

Old 04-10-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You're right, but the percentage that tolerates the gay activists is shrinking. They're fed up.
But that doesn't matter because most people rationalize that gay marriage or drug use will never affect them. In other words, it's a simple decision to support "irrelevant" issues. Outside of San Francisco or New York, the odds that you will run into a gay couple is almost zero. (And even in SF or NYC, it's still pretty low, contrary to popular belief.) Sorry, gay activists, but it's true. So it's easier to just "cave" to gay activists than oppose them. "Hey, if I support gay marriage, who cares? I'll never meet a gay married couple." Or "if I support drug legalization, who cares? It's not like people are walking around stoned here in my suburb." So it's easier to just agree and hope the issue goes away.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:57 AM

In other words, the more strident and angry the gay activists become, the more people will cave to them because they'll just keep saying "if we appease them, maybe they'll leave." The reason that works is because gay marriage doesn't "affect" 99% of people in America. (I use air quotes because it does affect them, but not in the way most people are thinking about. They just think "it doesn't affect me because I will never meet a gay couple.") So it's easy to agree to an issue where someone is screaming at you and you think it won't affect you, even if you think it's wrong.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:00 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
In other words, the more strident and angry the gay activists become, the more people will cave to them because they'll just keep saying "if we appease them, maybe they'll leave." .
I believe that has reversed direction now.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:03 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,984 times
Quote:
In other words, the more strident and angry the gay activists become, the more people will cave to them because they'll just keep saying "if we appease them, maybe they'll leave." The reason that works is because gay marriage doesn't "affect" 99% of people in America. (I use air quotes because it does affect them, but not in the way most people are thinking about. They just think "it doesn't affect me because I will never meet a gay couple.") So it's easy to agree to an issue where someone is screaming at you and you think it won't affect you, even if you think it's wrong.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. There are plenty of gay couples. It's just that people don't notice them because 1) as a society, we only assume opposite-sex couples (which, by the way, we do too easily - sometimes a guy and a girl are brother/sister or friends,) and 2) the vast majority of gay couples show PDA much less than straight couples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies