Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 09:05 PM

29,437 posts, read 16,355,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Vance McAllister, the “kissing congressman,” has, of course, been dealing with a bit of a scandal this week, and so far he’s given no indication he plans on resigning. But him kissing his staffer has inspired one Democratic congresswoman to push legislation for mandatory congressional sexual harassment training. Jackie Speier announced her proposal on the House floor today and said, “This is the House of Representatives of the United States of America. This is not a frat house.”

Dem Rep. Pushes for Members of Congress to Undergo Sexual Harassment Training | Mediaite

Im sorry, but what does this have to do with sexual harassment ? It didnt look like he forced her to kiss him in that video.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:12 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,407,902 times
Coincidence, she was introducing a bill that she's been working on for some time.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:19 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,620,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Dem Rep. Pushes for Members of Congress to Undergo Sexual Harassment Training | Mediaite

Im sorry, but what does this have to do with sexual harassment ? It didnt look like he forced her to kiss him in that video.
I agree. It isn't a case of sexual harassment. It's a case of political and personal hypocrisy. The man's whole political platform is Christian, family values. He just blew his political foundation right out from under him with that stunt.
The aide has resigned and disappeared. It's the usual "Just go away......please. We'll give you travel expenses".
Now he invokes another Christian value and begs for forgiveness from everybody who pays his bills.
No, you won't find any "sexual harassment" in this pile of pasture patty. There's enough other effluents on the heels of his boots.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:31 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,395,966 times
All I got to say is, Like Bill Clinton and all the others.... He's a dude. Men think about sex every 12 seconds... Studies have shown.
It is inherit in all males of every species of animal. Furthering the species.

Where the strong survive and mate, while the weak jerkit constantly, and/or become gay.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
All I got to say is, Like Bill Clinton and all the others.... He's a dude. Men think about sex every 12 seconds... Studies have shown.
It is inherit in all males of every species of animal. Furthering the species.

Where the strong survive and mate, while the weak jerkit constantly, and/or become gay.
1. thinking about sex is not the same as acting on those thoughts.

2. You dont become gay.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:38 PM

22,601 posts, read 24,418,850 times
Hilarious, after all the dirt the Dumdumocrats have been plastered with in the last couple of months.....they are desperate to make this kissing-incident into something MASSIVE and HORRIBLE.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Yes. Sexual harrassment training is the House Democrats going too far when a Congressman has an affair. Impeaching the President when he has an affair is not at all.

Riiiiiiiight.

The way I feel about this is that it needs to stop being an issue. But House Republicans were the ones who made it an issue in the 90s so if they don't like it now, they have only themselves to blame.
Umm, I am a Liberal Democrats.

My philosophy on this is that we dont play the BS games that they do, so it shouldnt be a "tit for tat" contest.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:18 PM

778 posts, read 819,139 times
Timing aside, I fail to see how this is a bad thing. Proper conduct in the workplace is something everyone needs to follow, no matter where you work, who elected you, or what letter goes behind your name.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:33 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,132,563 times
Rep Speier has a long history of sexual harassment legislation. She has introduced, and re introduced the STOP act for military sexual harassment education. This isn't just something that popped up in response to a rep diddling his aide.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:52 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,652,961 times
This is not sexual harassment , this was a man and woman hooking up behind closed doors. Nothing wrong with it , I don't believe in cheating or not following proper code conduct at work be we are humans. Even when bill Clinton got busted, who cares. Liberals seem to have a problem with straight people but if it was anything gay related it wouldn't be an issue I bet. Disgusting.

Anyway, we have more important things to worry about going on that actually matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies