Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 09:56 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post

Link: Why Are Democrats Targeting Single Women? - Investors.com

So, the "gender gap" and the "war on women" are pretty much political constructs by the Democrats. It's very heartening to see that married women don't fall for the Democrats' lies as easily as single women.

It's also pretty easy to understand why single women are "much more liberal." They don't have a family of their own to rely on, so they want the comfort of knowing the government will take care of their needs, and their kids' needs, if need be.
Why are Republicans targeting married women?

It's very heartening to see that single women don't fall for the Republicans' lies as easily as married women.

It's also pretty easy to understand why married women are "much more conservative." They tend to be of an older generation of dinosaurs who think that popping out babies and cooking a casserole for the man is a "woman's rightful place."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 09:58 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
They target younger women because they are gullible and naive.
The same reason republicans target the elderly, NRA members, and overly religious people.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:02 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
I wonder what percentage of conservative married women are married to Republican husbands. My sister used to be a Democrat, but is.now a tea partier thanks to her tea party husband

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 04-10-2014 at 10:30 AM..

Old 04-10-2014, 10:13 AM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Default No way in hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I wonder what percentage of married women are married to Republican husbands. My sister used to be a Democrat, but is.now a tea partier thanks to her tea party husband
I have been married to a Republican man for 40 years. I was an Independent, but became a Democrat 15 years ago. We are married but not clones of one another. I am far more liberal now than I was as a young, unmarried woman.

I also don't have amnesia and remember what it was like to be young and single. I am a mother of two adult married daughters (Democrats). Do you really think that married women don't care about other women: single or married? I certainly do because I am old enough to remember how women were treated back then. The Republicans want to go back to that world that we older women fought so hard against.

Those married women supporting that Party must be very, very YOUNG and not remember what the "good old days" were really like. I do not wish them to find out either. A husband is no guarantee of anything. You are a female first, and a wife second.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:20 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
Quote:
IBD/TIPP's monthly survey finds that, on issue after issue, single women are more liberal than their married counterparts — often by wide margins.
This is why the Democrats are working hard to destroy the traditional nuclear family:

the more dysfunctional society becomes with single, poverty-striken mothers and gay families expanding – with fathers and traditional families being marginalized – the more voters the Democrats receive.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:38 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:

So, the "gender gap" and the "war on women" are pretty much political constructs by the Democrats. It's very heartening to see that married women don't fall for the Democrats' lies as easily as single women.

It's also pretty easy to understand why single women are "much more liberal." They don't have a family of their own to rely on, so they want the comfort of knowing the government will take care of their needs, and their kids' needs, if need be.

Well just DUH. Married women have much greater household income than unmarried women so WTF did anyone expect? Those with good jobs that pay well tend to casually assume that all you have to do is work and you'll be in good shape...and conversely, if you're poor and struggling, it's all your fault.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:58 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:

It really isn't marriage vs. being single that determines who votes for whom where it concerns women.

It is demographic differences between married and single women.

Single women as a group tend to be younger, much more racially diverse, poorer, live in urban areas/cities, etc.

Married women as a group tend to be older, much more racially homogenous, more money, live in suburbs rural areas.

It is those general demographic differences between married and single women that are the key.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies