Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 07:56 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownblues View Post
Yeah, I know. That was my point. You can't run around saying "kids can't form a contract ...WITH ADULTS" and then say "of course they can form contracts ...WITH KIDS." Thanks for proving my point.

Kids cannot contract with kids, either. (That's the part that's analogous to marriage)... kids don't marry other kids.

However, the exploitation and harm angle is missing in relationships and sex between kids and adults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 07:57 AM

1,136 posts, read 941,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Kids cannot contract with kids, either. (That's the part that's analogous to marriage)... kids don't marry other kids.
Oh, so as long as there's no marriage, then the sex that you initially specified they couldn't agree to and now dropped is OK? Gotcha. Powerful arguments.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Right, he's opportunistic. And what is he taking advantage of? (This is hilarious, by the way.)

He took advantage of religious people in 2008 when he pretended to be aligned with their values, and later felt comfortable enough to espouse his true liberal feelings on the subject.

So.... I guess he is taking advantage of the stupidity of Americans who cling to their Bibles and guns?

This is hilarious alright.... in a sad, sad way because you think you're much more clever than you are.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Oh, so as long as there's no marriage, then the sex that you initially specified they couldn't agree to and now dropped is OK? Gotcha. Powerful arguments.

Um. No. I explicitly stated we do not support sex among children because they don't understand what they are doing, and especially, don't understand the consequences of what they are doing. This is a different type of disapproval than when an adult (who does understand) exploits a the non-comprehension of a minor to have sex with them.

Which is also why we don't punish 14 year olds from having sex with each other. They don't fully understand.

Do try to follow along.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:03 AM

Quote:
He took advantage of religious people in 2008 when he pretended to be aligned with their values, and later felt comfortable enough to espouse his true liberal feelings on the subject.

So.... I guess he is taking advantage of the stupidity of Americans who cling to their Bibles and guns?

This is hilarious alright.... in a sad, sad way because you think you're much more clever than you are.
Oh, since you seem unable to penetrate your own post, I'll explain to you.

If Obama has to oppose gay rights to win the Presidency, that would mean that the majority oppose "gay rights." So if he's being opportunistic, then he's taking advantage of the fact that the majority oppose "gay rights." Enjoy!

Me 3, you 0.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Um. No. I explicitly stated we do not support sex among children
We don't? That's odd because liberals explicitly actually state that we cannot stop children from having sex and that children (and even babies) are "sexual creatures." So I guess they were all wrong and we can get to work on stopping children from having sex with each other, since they cannot consent to sex or contracts or relationships.

As soon as that happens, I'll buy your pedophilia argument.

Thanks for the knowledge you dropped.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Oh, since you seem unable to penetrate your own post, I'll explain to you.

If Obama has to oppose gay rights to win the Presidency, that would mean that the majority oppose "gay rights." So if he's being opportunistic, then he's taking advantage of the fact that the majority oppose "gay rights." Enjoy!

.... in 2008, yes, this was likely the case among those of likely voters, of voting age.

It is demonstrably not the case any longer, though, so... do you even have a point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownblues
Me 3, you 0.
LOL @ you:

Old 04-11-2014, 08:07 AM

Oh, and in case anyone doesn't know what we're discussing right now, my original post to Ceist -- who claimed that being against gay marriage was like being a KKK member -- stated:

Quote:
It's intellectually lazy, as well as inaccurate, to say that anything you dislike is like the KKK (or Nazis). You probably won't get what that means, so I'll ask you: if next a pedophile group says "your non-acceptance of my pedophilia is like a burning cross in a front yard," what will you say? Probably not much because his argument is as good as yours (and, in fact, is grounded in the same principles, i.e., that since society doesn't like your activity then by definition society is wrong).
And afterwards, TriMT7 said he was going to educate me on how the two situations were not analogous. So far, it hasn't gone too well.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
.... in 2008, yes, this was likely the case among those of likely voters, of voting age.
Wow, so just six years ago, the majority were against gay rights. Fascinating!

Old 04-11-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
We can't STOP them from having sex, because they're GOING TO no matter what we tell them.
Interesting, he's against kids having sex and that they cannot consent to it, but he recognizes it will happen inevitably because he's enlightened. So I guess he's for rape, if it's non-consensual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies