Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2014, 09:05 PM

15,061 posts, read 8,622,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well let's just take one of your assertions....The Ozone hole....Are you claiming that science was wrong about that? Do you think that it is healing itself? Do you know what CFCs are? A worldwide ban on CFCs was put in place in 1989, but the damage was done....... Ozone hole still needs over 50 years to heal | DVICE

Ozone is a gas in the atmosphere that protects everything living on the Earth from harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays from the Sun. Without the layer of ozone in the atmosphere, it would be very difficult for anything to survive on the surface. Why Is Ozone Important?

Shall I refute another of your "non problems"
You see ... this is the danger in allowing one backward idea to become so embedded in your mind that you refuse to consider any new information. Once you allow yourself to be manipulated like that, and you allow "beliefs" to become stronger than facts ... you will forever be an easy sucker for every con job that may come in the future. This ozone matter that you THINK you have refuted is another example of the blind demanding to lead the sighted.

Now, for reality .... though I already know full well that I might as well present this evidence to my dog ..

New Scientific Evidence Proves Ozone Depletion Theory False

Of course, if I were to try to type out the many false beliefs you surely believe is absolute truth, I'd probably not live long enough to finish the job.

There are two separate versions of science ... one is presented for public consumption, and is invariably so far removed from the truth, it cannot be accidental. Then there are honest scientists, who don't get much air time on the mainstream channels who try, with little success, to inform the drooling masses of the real truth. The droolers proceed to do as they always do ... they laugh, and snicker, and name call like children on a playground ... guaranteeing that they will never, ever be smarter tomorrow than they were today ... intellectually deceased, and hopeleslly lost in a world of lies and deceptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 09:26 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,644,049 times
Quote:
I never said it changed facts, but it does speak to the lack of credibility of the AWG denial effort, as the same people that denied the harm tobacco does, (Heartland Institute, funded by tobacco companies) are now denying the harm excess CO2 is doing, and are now funded by fossil fuel companies..............In any case the facts support the science....I have seen no evidence for any cause of warming except rising CO2.
There you go poisoning the well again. It is true that "deniers" are more likely to believe in conspiracy theories, but that alone does not change the facts. Both sides are wrong on a lot of issues. I've pointed out several. I would say that there is evidence to the claim that C02 has contributed to warming, but that is where we part company. I reject the catastrophic assertions of the theory since they have no basis in science.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:34 PM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
You see ... this is the danger in allowing one backward idea to become so embedded in your mind that you refuse to consider any new information. Once you allow yourself to be manipulated like that, and you allow "beliefs" to become stronger than facts ... you will forever be an easy sucker for every con job that may come in the future. This ozone matter that you THINK you have refuted is another example of the blind demanding to lead the sighted.

Now, for reality .... though I already know full well that I might as well present this evidence to my dog ..

New Scientific Evidence Proves Ozone Depletion Theory False

Of course, if I were to try to type out the many false beliefs you surely believe is absolute truth, I'd probably not live long enough to finish the job.

There are two separate versions of science ... one is presented for public consumption, and is invariably so far removed from the truth, it cannot be accidental. Then there are honest scientists, who don't get much air time on the mainstream channels who try, with little success, to inform the drooling masses of the real truth. The droolers proceed to do as they always do ... they laugh, and snicker, and name call like children on a playground ... guaranteeing that they will never, ever be smarter tomorrow than they were today ... intellectually deceased, and hopeleslly lost in a world of lies and deceptions.
So you are also an ozone hole denier....Why am I not surprised?

Old 04-14-2014, 09:37 PM

15,061 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
I find it exasperating to try and educate the scientifically illiterate.... Have you measured how much heat the sun is putting out recently, (Scientists do this every day) or is sitting in the sun your only scientifically accurate thermometer? Of course the sun is responsible for the heat, and CO2 is responsible for trapping that heat....CO2 is important in our atmosphere to moderate temperature between day and night, as without it the temperature would drop about 60 degrees every clear night, but we are getting too much and that is not a good thing.
You doggedly refuse to entertain an alternative vew even to the extent to just address it.

CO2 has no significant role in trapping heat ... that is done by water vapor .... or more commonly referred to as clouds!

This is why you see such dramatic swings in temperature from day time to night time in dry desert regions. It's the lack of water vapor.

Of course, my previous advice also applies here too ... notice how much cooler it is on cloudy summer days than clear days ... yet this effect reverses itself at night. Why? Because clouds block the sun in the daytime, and serve as a "blanket" at night, keeping heat from escaping rapidly.

Now, imagine the combinations possible .... cloudy days and clear nights ... clear days and cloudy nights .. cloudy days and cloudy nights ....

Toss in a bit of wind ... add a few dashes if rain ... high pressure systems ... low pressure systems ... jetstream patterns ... and the list gets pretty long. CO2? Nah! Its not a very big player ... more like an observer really.

And this truth is pretty much self evident. You really just need a bit of information, and the ability to think.

You see ... many eons ago, CO2 levels were several times higher than they are now .. as much as 20 times higher. If CO2 actually had the claimed impact on climate ... we wouldn't even be here having this conversation!

Old 04-14-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
There you go poisoning the well again. It is true that "deniers" are more likely to believe in conspiracy theories, but that alone does not change the facts. Both sides are wrong on a lot of issues. I've pointed out several. I would say that there is evidence to the claim that C02 has contributed to warming, but that is where we part company. I reject the catastrophic assertions of the theory since they have no basis in science.
Oh, but they do, especially if the world's countries sit on their hands and do nothing...

Old 04-14-2014, 09:52 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,512,784 times
Quote:
Well let's just take one of your assertions....The Ozone hole....Are you claiming that science was wrong about that? Do you think that it is healing itself? Do you know what CFCs are? A worldwide ban on CFCs was put in place in 1989, but the damage was done....... Ozone hole still needs over 50 years to heal | DVICE

Ozone is a gas in the atmosphere that protects everything living on the Earth from harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays from the Sun. Without the layer of ozone in the atmosphere, it would be very difficult for anything to survive on the surface. Why Is Ozone Important?

Shall I refute another of your "non problems"
You need to read what I wrote before commenting. I said these things either never happened OR THEY WEREN'T NEARLY THE DISASTER SCIENTISTS PREDICTED.

We were all gonna die of skin cancer in the 1990s because of ozone depletion. If the crop failures and sea level changes didn't kill us first. I remember the 1990s well: the ozone, or lack thereof, killed millions. Scientists were 100% accurate. Just like the Kuwaiti oil fires in the 90s. Remember those? They were gonna burn for decades and cause this huge smoke cloud that was gonna block the earth off from the sun. Causing the sea to rise, mass starvation, water shortages, massive snow storms. That happened too. The 1990s sucked. Oh snap, scientists were wrong again. Those fires were put out in a couple weeks and had zero environmental impact.

But they are right this time about warming. Just keep giving the politicians power and scientists grants and they will eventually prove it. Just wait and see.

So naïve, so naïve.

The acid rain killed a few fish somewhere in a remote river in Canada. It was gonna destroy every forest in North America. The Reagan Administration conducted a multi-billion dollar study involving 700 scientists. They found the acidic levels in the waters were the same as they were in the 1860s. So acid rain quietly disappeared, along with the ozone and urban sprawl, and warming suddenly was our problem. Only problem with warming is people are stupid enough to believe it so we continue this foolishness for decades and we're all still here. Not one death to warming yet. Matter of fact, life expectancy is increasing in spite of warming. Guess "overpopulation" will be next. Again. lol

Old 04-14-2014, 10:59 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Acid Rain
Ozone Depletion- not a hoax
Ozone depletion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Overpopulation- not a hoax
Overpopulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Urban Sprawl
New Ice Age
Water Shortages
Deforestation
Land Shortages
Desertification
Food Shortages
Three Mile Island
Love Canal
Exxon Valdez
Volcano Eruptions
Hurricanes
No More Land Fill Space
Killer Bees from Mexico
DDT
Red Dye #2 and #3
Leaded Gasoline
Times Beach Dioxin Threat
Sand as a Carcinogen
Oil Fires in Kuwait
Nuclear Winter
Chernobyl

All these either did not happen or weren't nearly as devastating as first warned. If you look them up, many of the exact same things that were gonna happen afrom these so-called threats are the exact same things that global warming, errr, I mean Climate Change is gonna cause. Read "The Population Bomb" Written in the 1960s. Results of "overpopulation" were the same as global warming. Strangely enough the author is a leader of the global warning crowd.

This list is just off the top of my head. Anyone could increase this list ad infinitum with minimal research.

Too many careers have been built on global warming. This includes scientists, politicians and environmentalists. They can't very well come out and say it aint happening now. They believed it at first. But can't admit they were wrong now. Reputations ruined, fortunes lost, careers over. This is why the people that don't buy into are labeled as "deniers" and "kooks" When you can't prove you're right you resort to this sort of name calling. Make anyone that doesn't agree with sound crazy so you can keep the money and career going.
Type every single problem you listed above into google and read, every single thing you listed was a problem (and is fixed), is a current problem, or is a possible problem (with the exception of 3-5 that you listed out of context.)

Then you said scientists who believe in man made global warming have built careers on global warming.
Can you provide a source that explains that? (No you can't because your statement is not true.)

But the strange thing is the scientists that appear on Fox news who say global warming is a hoax, they made a career from saying global warming is a hoax (because ExxonMobile pays them to say that.)

Here are (3) sources explaining how ExxonMobile pays scientists to deny global warming.

Exxon-funded group
Revealed: Exxon Secret Funding of Global Warming Junk Scientists | Greenpeace
Scientists offered cash to dispute climate study | Environment | The Guardian

I don't wish to be rude, but Fox news, Rush radio, and republicans CEO politicians have put you people into a delusional (flip-brained) fantasy land.

Chad.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Oh, but they do, especially if the world's countries sit on their hands and do nothing...
They do not. I've started a couple of threads asking for evidence, and not one person provided any. Most of the Catastrophic claims are either exaggerated or totally baseless.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
They do not. I've started a couple of threads asking for evidence, and not one person provided any. Most of the Catastrophic claims are either exaggerated or totally baseless.
You know that how? You do realize that these catastrophic events are predicted far in the future, don't you? How does one give evidence of events that have not yet happened?

Old 04-14-2014, 11:41 PM

Quote:
You know that how? You do realize that these catastrophic events are predicted far in the future, don't you? How does one give evidence of events that have not yet happened?
Easy. Look at the trend lines, use Excel and the correl function, etc. MANY of the predictions make reference to the assertions that we are already seeing trends toward their apocalyptic hypotheses, but the data does not match the assertions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies