Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2014, 08:12 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I agree with that poster in saying that how the government is treating those cattle is inhumane. She is right, those calves are too young to be going to slaughter.

When someone states that the gov is handling this all wrong, this is just ONE example of how they are handling it all wrong. You have many examples of how they are handling this all wrong...in the meantime, the cattle are suffering for it, and that pisses me off.

These cattle belong to the rancher, end of story. These cattle are being treated inhumanely, end of story. The gov is clearly handling this all wrong, and while I'm getting disgusted at the feds over stepping their bounds, I get really f-en angry when animals suffer for it.
This is what I didn't get why fool with the cows while knowing it wasn't going to go well. Some how BLM thinks herding animals with helicopters is a humane way. Horses are flight animals how the hell do they react with the sound of a helicopter coming in fast. They have done some horrible things to the wild horses of Nevada, so these cattle are nothing new to them. See they are just saying 130 cows dead, not saying how many of those were newborn calves.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:15 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Now if only the Fed viewed illegals crossing our borders with as much determination as they viewed cows trespassing on public lands.....

Old 04-13-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Maybe you haven't been to town in awhile, parf.

"Feeding the idiot masses..."

You sound just a touch bitter. With a side of self- righteousness.

If you're a rancher, the "idiot masses" purchasing the product you sell provide your lifestyle. And deadbeat "ranchers" refusing to pay for the land they lease and graze has nothing to do with food stamps or "principles." It's all about a greedy individual trying to take advantage of the public.

Just FYI.

This was a small time rancher, why would you list him along with those who feed off the government all those commercial ranchers should be more of YOUR concern. Leave the little guy out of your hate and disgust for the working man!

Old 04-13-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Now if only the Fed viewed illegals crossing our borders with as much determination as they viewed cows trespassing on public lands.....
Yes and I wonder how much TAX MONEY this would bring in if they were made to pay for trespassing??

Talk about destroying the habitat: Yet no federal posse on this one!

The report focuses largely on the damage done to the Arizona borderlands, in particular Arizona's two largest wilderness areas: the Cabeza Prieta National Wildlife Refuge and the Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument. These areas encompass more than one million acres of desert wilderness and are home to a stunning array of imperiled wildlife including the Sonoran pronghorn, jaguar, desert bighorn sheep, Gila monster, tropical kingbird, and desert tortoise. But immigrant traffic and border patrol activities have severely damaged these areas in ways that could take decades to repair. For example:

* Illegal trails and roads carved by immigrants can destroy sensitive

vegetation and wildlife habitat, and affect erosion patterns. The

fragile desert soils and plants could take over a century to recover.

* Vehicles abandoned by illegal immigrants are expensive to remove and

towing them causes additional damage.

* Trash and human waste left behind by illegal immigrants affects soil

and water quality.

* Low level helicopter flights by the Border Patrol disturb wildlife and

habitat areas.

* Off-road vehicle patrols damage sensitive regions vital to local

wildlife.

* U.S. road, light, and fence-building projects disturb wildlife, destroy

habitat and shift animal migratory patterns.

New Report Details Environmental Damage From Illegal Immigration, Border Enforce - Desert Invasion US - article on illegal immigration destruction of border forests and border deserts

Old 04-13-2014, 08:23 AM

766 posts, read 1,394,827 times
I now think of the Bundy Ranch story as.... Shrek's Onion.... it has 'layers'..... many, many, many layers! So many layers, that when we finally reach the very core, we all might be surprised?

I'm sitting on the fence with this one. I can understand both sides. I'm waiting to see what Sheriff Mack and Stewart Rhodes (Oathkeepers) have to say about this one.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:41 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Do you really have a problem with control of most of the west being handled by the people in the west rather than one of the most corrupt organizations on the face of the planet? (That is based over a thousand miles away.)
I certainly do. That land belongs to all of us not just the Teabillies that have no respect for the environment. Do you know what happened to Yellowstone when the wolves were reintroduced? Uncontrolled cattle grazing is just as destructive as uncontrolled deer, elk, and buffalo grazing.
When the Wolves Returned: Restoring Nature's Balance in Yellowstone: Dorothy Hinshaw Patent, Dan Hartman: 9780802796868: Amazon.com: Books

Old 04-13-2014, 08:49 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Now its time to surround Harry Reid's Nevada and DC houses and office and seize his computers and personal records to get to the bottom of this.. The feds can do it, of course, but an armed citizenry in the service of justice is always welcome.
Forget Occupy Wall Street, it looks like Occupy Nevada was a stunning success. Gotta love the 99%!
Exactly. This whole thing is about corruption within our government. But I know the MSM is saying different so the sheep never know the truth. But some of us are not sheep and we know how to find the truth.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:50 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I certainly do. That land belongs to all of us not just the Teabillies that have no respect for the environment. Do you know what happened to Yellowstone when the wolves were reintroduced? Uncontrolled cattle grazing is just as destructive as uncontrolled deer, elk, and buffalo grazing.
When the Wolves Returned: Restoring Nature's Balance in Yellowstone: Dorothy Hinshaw Patent, Dan Hartman: 9780802796868: Amazon.com: Books
So actually we are actually talking about some vast wasteland that was destroyed by grazing?

Old 04-13-2014, 09:00 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
They need to own Military Bases, too.

They should NOT own over 80% of the land in a single US state.

NOPE. US owned military bases are a by product of the civil war.

Before then it was all State run and State owned.

That is why during all excursions into battle, before and during the civil war, all brigades, regiments, battalions, and cavalry, where by the States.

The 33rd, New York Regiment
The 52nd Alabama Brigade
The Texas 21st Cavalry.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:01 AM

63 posts, read 57,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So in other words, you were trolling. You never had any intent of responding to the content of my comment. So why respond to me at all, why not simply post a comment to the forum ?

I call it educating sheeple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies