Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2014, 05:00 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Actually government provided a safe area as is often done. See Washington DC. Other government protested that it was not appropriate and led to it being taken down. The protagonists pretty much ignored it and used a stretch of the Interstate to vent their complaint.

So government over-reached and other government corrected the path.

I expect the cool head in this one was Metro...
The federal government is so kind. They provided safe areas to the Japanese once too. Here, drink some more Kool Aid.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:00 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
His family paid an agreed upon one time land use fee back when it was state property. Then the Feds took the land and changed it to a regular fee. You might want to look up the solar energy plant, Chinese investors, and the Senator Harry Reid connections before grabbing your guns against US citizens defending someone's private property.
So much wrong with this statement, hard to know where to begin!

1) This land was never state owned. It has been owned by the federal government since they bought it from Mexico in 1848.

2) Your implication that this land is targeted by Reid and Chinese investors for a solar plant:
...........................a) does not involve the same land. U.S. Senator Reid, son combine for China firm's desert plant
...........................b) if true, got a Reagan appointed judge on board for this plot About the Judge who issued latest Cliven Bundy Order

Old 04-13-2014, 05:05 PM

10,020 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Did you read any of it?

http://lands.nv.gov/forms/chapter1.pdf

In other words, the federal government couldn't give this harsh land away because no one wanted it and the state didn't want the expense of it. Returned??? Nevada didn't own it when it became a state, the federal government did.
Well I can thin of a certain rancher's family that would have taken a piece.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:11 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Apparently they didn't. Why I don't know but his Mormon ancestors did not want the land, only free use of it.

Quote:
There were a succession of
homestead and desert entry acts that made lands available for farms. However, due to the arid
climate, relatively few lands were transferred to private ownership through these mechanisms.
Many lands in river valleys that might have qualified as farmsteads had already been secured as
state grant selections.
http://lands.nv.gov/forms/chapter1.pdf

Old 04-13-2014, 05:12 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
And they did take 160 acres of it.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:27 PM

488 posts, read 1,176,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I agree. The attack had nothing to do with "desert tortoises" and really had to do with-

1. Harry Reid's attempt to make millions for himself and his son over securing land for the Chinese energy firm he is involved with, both financially and politically. Reid should be tried for treason and shot for his actions, yet he is celebrated by the left.

2. A "dry run" for the feds to test the response, tactics, and weapons of any opposition to the government that they may encounter in future incursions. I think that they were surprised, as the feds were outgunned both in numbers and the quality of weapons.

3. A failed attempt by the feds to demonstrate that force can and will be used to their discretion, to suppress opposition. Somewhat of a "warning shot" for the US population.

This was one of the first "victories" for US citizens over the feds, but may have been a strategic "defeat", in that the feds were given excellent intelligence. No entity could directly confront and defeat the US military. However, the widespread ownership of weapons in the US would make any long term occupation of an area impossible.
I think you nailed it here hawkeye.

Unlike the usual governmentbots on here who believe everything the government says, Over the years I have developed a severe distrust of our corrupt and lying government. This is not over for the Bundys by a long shot. It would not surprise me in the least if one or more of the Bundys were to become a victim of some mysterious accident, like a house fire with the entire family inside.

It just amazes me how all the government bots repeat the, "Bundy is a thief for stealing the use of our public land" but are blind to the fact that our corrupt government has made it their normal M.O. To cheat, lie to and steal from the American citizen in the way of constant new laws, rules, regulations, fees, fines and taxes.

Oh, BTW, I used to be a bot too, until I realized that most politicians are a bunch corrupt lying bastards who are only interested in more power and money at the cost to all us peons.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:31 PM

10,020 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
And they did take 160 acres of it.
So why doesn't the government offer the rest to them now? Why does the federal government need to own this type of property?

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerat View Post
I think you nailed it here hawkeye.

Unlike the usual governmentbots on here who believe everything the government says, Over the years I have developed a severe distrust of our corrupt and lying government. This is not over for the Bundys by a long shot. It would not surprise me in the least if one or more of the Bundys were to become a victim of some mysterious accident, like a house fire with the entire family inside.

It just amazes me how all the government bots repeat the, "Bundy is a thief for stealing the use of our public land" but are blind to the fact that our corrupt government has made it their normal M.O. To cheat, lie to and steal from the American citizen in the way of constant new laws, rules, regulations, fees, fines and taxes.

Oh, BTW, I used to be a bot too, until I realized that most politicians are a bunch corrupt lying bastards who are only interested in more power and money at the cost to all us peons.

Ruby Ridge and Waco, both tell us this is far from over.
The government will show us all who is really the BOSS.

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
A deadbeat parasite, adding to the deficit and benefiting at the taxpayers' expense. He should be assessed a big penalty.
You still haven't explained how he is adding to the deficit in order to back up your claim. He performed maintenance and improvements on the land at his own expense, so how did that cost taxpayers money? If anything, the BLM in their unwarranted invasion cost the taxpayers far more than Bundy ever could, between salaries, equipment costs, and their ability to show that the U.S. government is staffed by idiots at all levels.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:32 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
How sad it is that the government has trouble with going after real criminals who commit real crimes but is too quick and too eager to go after innocent people who have done nothing wrong. This shows that our government's values and priorities are totally screwed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies