Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2014, 10:40 AM

154 posts, read 257,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
It's a complete and utter non-issue. This is unequivocally federal owned land.
And soon the land will belong to Harry Reid and his Chinese business partners. The project will probably be subsidized with tax payer dollars too. Much better than allowing some rancher to graze a few hundred cattle on the land at no expense to tax payers while making improvements to the land with his own money like access roads and irrigation systems.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:42 AM

10,006 posts, read 15,647,185 times
Per Fox News: The BLM is pulling out of the area, the operation is over.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:43 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

BREAKING: Militia Arrives at Bundy Ranch - YouTube

Old 04-12-2014, 10:45 AM

3,147 posts, read 3,500,214 times
I was just watching the live feed, it seems that the BLM has decided to cease the operation immediately. The Bundy family wins!

http://benswann.com/breaking-deal-re...d-clive-bundy/

Old 04-12-2014, 10:47 AM

154 posts, read 257,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Per Fox News: The BLM is pulling out of the area, the operation is over.
Are they really pulling out or are they giving the ranchers and their supporters a false sense of security before the massacre begins? We shall see. Maybe this situation has got more publicity than they wanted and they have decided to temporarily pull back until no one is paying attention anymore.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:48 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
It's a complete and utter non-issue. This is unequivocally federal owned land.
I understand it, but not every body will.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:07 AM

Lost court rulings with no option for a jury.

Just a paid off judge making a ruling that clearly has Arizona up in arms.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:10 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default Nevada Rancher Situation and Government Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Since the other thread was closed and I think this topic is important, here it goes:

Is the government response to the protesters in Nevada appropriate to the scale of the situation?

In my opinion, it is not. Whether those protesters are right or wrong, smart or stupid, rich or poor, right or left, what I have seen in the posted videos is way out of line on the part of the government. Complete overkill.

Whether the cause of those protesters was justified or not is not the issue. I believe the constitution says something about protests anyway, doesn't it? My beef is is with the response on the part of the government agents. Do you seriously feel that sending in what looks like an offshoot of the SS to rough them up was an appropriate and justified response?

If that lady was thrown to the ground, is that UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE an appropriate response by an armed soldier with a killer dog at his side? Seriously? Could he not, at most, just have grabbed the woman and moved her to wherever he wanted her to stand? Would that not have satisfied his sense of authority? It's not like she was a 250 pound UFC fighter who was any threat at all to Mr. Bigman.

It's the same story as it usually is with this sort of thing, whether the protesters are left wing, right wing, or from Mars. The SS men simply want to show their authority and they will look for whatever excuse they can find to show it. They want that adrenaline/testosterone rush. Even if it means performing a hip throw on an unarmed woman who looks like she weighed about 90 pounds. Would you have been okay with him turning the dog loose on her? How about tazing her? How about if he pulled his sidearm and put one between her eyes? Would that have been okay as well?

Where do you draw the line and decide that these people have gone too far in their response to what looked to be an unorganized bunch of... well, I don't want to insult them. But again, they didn't look to be much of a threat to the big men behind the guns and dogs to me.

Is this all about Bundy?

The guy who refuses to pay for the lease of the BLM land he grazes his cattle on?

What's he protesting?

Oh! That's right! He says he won't make payments to an "illegitimate government."

Must mean he hates Obama. And that (in his tiny little mind) makes the US government "illegitimate."

Old 04-12-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Is this all about Bundy?

The guy who refuses to pay for the lease of the BLM land he grazes his cattle on?

What's he protesting?

Oh! That's right! He says he won't make payments to an "illegitimate government."

Must mean he hates Obama. And that (in his tiny little mind) makes the US government "illegitimate."

» Breaking: Clark Co. Sheriff Says BLM Will Cease Operation

It is about being free from government over reach and oppression with a boot on your throat.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:13 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
I understand it, but not every body will.
Better call in Janet Reno.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies