Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2014, 03:18 PM

15,528 posts, read 10,496,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I guess it would depend on who's or which story you believe but if this man owes grazing fee's then I think the Government would have been smarter to just seize his bank accounts.
Exactly. There sure is a nice upscale development right north of old man Bundy, .

Old 04-16-2014, 03:55 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Sounds like the IRS is still after him. (Apparently, it wasn't just the conservatives targeted by the IRS)
They excused 1 million. Is the government supposed to pick and choose who they give favors to?

Old 04-16-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
I agree that one-sidedness like what you're presenting would be shady, but to be truly equivalent would mean that at some point the rancher attempted to cut a deal for only paying part of the $1M that he owes in taxes. If he did so and the feds refused to compromise, but did so with Sharpton, then that is pretty dickish.

But if he never attempted to cut a deal then the two situations aren't relevant to one another.
Possibly a fair point but I wonder what the odds of them simply excusing what he owes are?

Old 04-16-2014, 04:21 PM

679 posts, read 614,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Possibly a fair point but I wonder what the odds of them simply excusing what he owes are?
I'd imagine them excusing the entire debt has odds of pretty much 0%. That's not a compromise, its basically an admission of fault. From what I understand though the IRS is willing to compromise with people that have debts that way they at least get something out of the deal. How far that compromise goes is probably up to debate but I doubt it goes down to 0.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
I'd imagine them excusing the entire debt has odds of pretty much 0%. That's not a compromise, its basically an admission of fault. From what I understand though the IRS is willing to compromise with people that have debts that way they at least get something out of the deal. How far that compromise goes is probably up to debate but I doubt it goes down to 0.
This isn't Al's first go round with tax evasion either. How many have went to prison for less?

Old 04-16-2014, 04:39 PM

46,949 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The original Boston Tea Party wasn't really about tea.
Correct. It was about protecting a highly profitable smuggling operation against lowered taxes on tea.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:47 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
How far are you gone when Glenn Beck tells you you're making a spectacle of yourself?

The government can wait it out. The militia gunwankers can't - but they got to take their selfies while preparing to shoot American law enforcement, and that appears to have been pretty much the point of the exercise. There will be stories told about this for years to come about the time when they heroically showed up, did nothing, posed for photos and went home.
Sheriff Richard Mack of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association stated,“I can’t believe that there are some Americans, and some media like Glenn Beck, that are supporting the BLM in this and it’s absolutely disgraceful.”

[video imbed]

Exclusive: Sources Inside The BLM and Las Vegas Metro Say Feds Are Planning A Raid On Bundy Home | Ben Swann Truth In Media

Old 04-16-2014, 04:55 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
What land do they want? the BLM land is already the governments land. If someone wants to build something on that land it would just happen, it's not the ranchers land, it doesn't make any sense to me.
I looked at the BLM map and though it is poor, that area (bunkerville area) looks to be part of the SEZ zones. In fact, all over Clark County. So details matter in the bigger picture. There looks to be BLM and those alternative zones. It's simply business. This is how redevelopment and regional development works. PPPs, NGOs etc... A very well oiled corporate machine.

As a so-called land owner one would want to be aware of those regional and master plans. They count on them coming to fruition and money being made in the process. This is happening all over the US.

Unfortunately, when the militia/govt conflict is played up it only adds to the meme.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:02 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Sheriff Richard Mack of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association stated,“I can’t believe that there are some Americans, and some media like Glenn Beck, that are supporting the BLM in this and it’s absolutely disgraceful.”

[video imbed]

Exclusive: Sources Inside The BLM and Las Vegas Metro Say Feds Are Planning A Raid On Bundy Home | Ben Swann Truth In Media
Given the BLM planning map it makes sense that ranching would not be conducive to those plans. Be interesting to know who has bought the land. Sounds like a decent amt of land.
quote:
Mack said that he had been told by Bundy that the federal government is actively shutting down the ranching industry, specifically in Clark County. He also revealed that there used to be 53 ranches in Clark County. All of those ranchers have been put out of business, except for Bundy who is still trying to hold on. “Every American should be outraged by it,” said Mack. The ranch has been in Bundy’s family since 1877.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:06 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times
How funny to see Reid and friends "outrage" that someone isnt "following the law" when he and the rest of them actively have no issue with ILLEGAL immigrants and sanctuary cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies