Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 10:42 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
Maybe he was drunk...who knows..and maybe she saw he was drunk out of his gourd and shook him down? We can play "what if" all day.... This is what we do know...he disputed the charge.

Because of media pressure...?? Maybe they are worried about the political pressures that will soon undoubtedly get involved? .I guarantee you that she does not want that job back in no way whatsoever because they will be sure to fire her through foolproof channels.

They will make it miserable for her...and rightfully so.
He disputed the charge later. Too damn bad. Don't go out to eat if you're either drunk or congenitally stupid.

And don't start crying about "media pressure" on IHOP'S behalf. Gimme a break.

Of course she doesn't want the job back. Obviously the 200 bucks is more important than the job, which doesn't say much for the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 10:44 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He disputed the charge later. Too damn bad. Don't go out to eat if you're either drunk or congenitally stupid.

And don't start crying about "media pressure" on IHOP'S behalf. Gimme a break.

Of course she doesn't want the job back. Obviously the 200 bucks is more important than the job, which doesn't say much for the job.
The embarassment she is enduring would probably cause me to keep the $200 as well, it would have nothing to do with the job

Old 04-12-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If she found a new job which possibly paid more, or decided to possibly collect unemployment all summer, why would she take the old job back?
Unemployment insurance on an IHOP job is peanuts. Gotta be.

It's obvious to me that she can easily find another job that pays what IHOP pays at a minimum. Their server wages are probably the industry standard. Which is a joke.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The embarassment she is enduring would probably cause me to keep the $200 as well, it would have nothing to do with the job
Well if she's as reprehensible as people on this thread are making her out to be, why would she be embarrassed?

Old 04-12-2014, 11:30 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
The old saying, "if it looks to good to be true...it probably is"...rings true again.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Well if she's as reprehensible as people on this thread are making her out to be, why would she be embarrassed?
Some people dont believe they are reprehensible, I'm sure Hitler believed in what he was doing..

Old 04-12-2014, 12:08 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,733,041 times
Quote:
He didn't want to tip her that amount?

The bill says otherwise. Maybe he had a change of heart later on when he either realized that he couldn't afford it or later on realized that it was easier to stiff her out of the tip from afar.

Besides, if she's so bad, why are they offering her the gig back?
My guess on why the DM offered the job back with no conditions is that IHOP has a personnel policy that lays out grounds and procedures for being fired, and the supervisor didn't follow them. Company counsel would smell IHOP on the losing end of a big lawsuit.

BTW, I think whatever the customer meant, 200.00 is what was written. The proper thing for the supervisor to have done is *mediate* the issue, not go bombs away.

Old 04-12-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
My guess on why the DM offered the job back with no conditions is that IHOP has a personnel policy that lays out grounds and procedures for being fired, and the supervisor didn't follow them. Company counsel would smell IHOP on the losing end of a big lawsuit.

BTW, I think whatever the customer meant, 200.00 is what was written. The proper thing for the supervisor to have done is *mediate* the issue, not go bombs away.
They explained that they were in a right to work state, and you can be fired for any reason.

Old 04-12-2014, 12:24 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,966,491 times
Quote:
How can you come to that conclusion?

If pocketing a 200 dollar tip is worth losing the job, that's a reflection of how crappy IHOP must be to work at, not how reprehensible SHE IS!

And IHOP has to know this is exactly what people must be thinking if they're offering her her gig back. They don't want the bad publicity.
Are you serious?

Hmm, let's see...possible criminal charges pressed against the customer and the company in exchange for keeping a mistaken $200 tip.

Hmm, let's see...return the $200 tip and you can continue your employment and continue to receive your paychecks, which will easily break $200 every two weeks or you can keep the $200 tip and lose your job.

Hmm, let's see...the customer says the tip was a mistake, the company asks you to return it, you receive a lot of press attention and decide to keep it, was keeping a $200 tip worth the defamation to her character that she now suffers? Right.

Old 04-12-2014, 12:28 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,966,491 times
I am completely AMAZED at how people are negating a HUGE fact that is present on the receipt!

I know many servers, waiters, and waitresses. They ALL know that if the "TOTAL AMOUNT" on the bottom of the receipt has a discrepancy with the "TIP" amount just above it, that you have an issue and it is not up to you to decide that total amount. The customer has to fill out BOTH lines for the bill to be confirmed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies