Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 03:40 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,635,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
As for Michelle Obama, all you have to is spend a day on city data to see how mean Americans can be.
There is also the fact that certain conservative elements have singled her out for vitriol. If you look at conservative message boards, you'll see her called everything from ugly and fat to a cow or gorilla.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 03:42 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,443,557 times
The ACA is good for small businesses. By creating exchanges, small business has some of the bargaining power that big corporations do. The insurance mandate also levels the playing field. Wicked small businesses no longer gain an advantage by treating their employees like crap and not providing health insurance.

Old 04-14-2014, 04:50 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
There is also the fact that certain conservative elements have singled her out for vitriol. If you look at conservative message boards, you'll see her called everything from ugly and fat to a cow or gorilla.
The heads/ faces of Obama's mother, wife and children have been photo shopped onto nude pictures of other women. One in particular had Michele nude and skewered , mouth to rear, like an animal over a fire pit.

Sick, sick people out there.

Old 04-14-2014, 05:10 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The heads/ faces of Obama's mother, wife and children have been photo shopped onto nude pictures of other women. One in particular had Michele nude and skewered , mouth to rear, like an animal over a fire pit.

Sick, sick people out there.
Don't like Obama, don't care for Michelle either, but if this is true what you say, about what some sickos do, this is really sick and disgusting, but it was also done to Bush, and most idiots thought these kind of things were funny and did not seem to have a problem with them. I do, because this is low as it gets.

And shows the idiotic inmature attitude that some kunckleheads possess.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:48 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
If you think 9.5% of your income to health insurance is too much, you might need to cut out your Starbucks, restaurant every day, or fuel for your oversized jerkwagon. Maybe you should not have purchased such a large house or rented in an expensive neighborhood? Maybe you should rethink your gym membership, smart phone, or cable TV.

Trust me, all of thse little things will kill you faster than paying for your own health insurance.

Spare me the sob story. I have no sympathy for any single person making over $40K that claims they cannot afford to live.
What an absolutely moronic post. Welcome to ignore.

Old 04-15-2014, 05:37 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,635,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Don't like Obama, don't care for Michelle either, but if this is true what you say, about what some sickos do, this is really sick and disgusting, but it was also done to Bush, and most idiots thought these kind of things were funny and did not seem to have a problem with them. I do, because this is low as it gets.

And shows the idiotic inmature attitude that some kunckleheads possess.
This is way beyond what was done to Bush. Most of the photoshopped images I saw of Bush were caricatures aimed at making him look stupid. Political cartoonists have been doing stuff like that for hundreds of years.

Old 04-15-2014, 03:47 PM

262 posts, read 155,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
I'm a company of 1 also, and my cost went up infinitely but I'm glad it happened. Before the ACA I had no health insurance due to a preexisting condition.

Health care costs were a huge pain for small businesses with employees, because the small risk pool meant if one employee needed expensive medical care then the costs would skyrocket.

If the Republican "solution" is to go back to the way it was before (and seriously, after 4 years they have yet to even make a plan for an alternative) I'll take the ACA thanks.
Oh, so you are happy that other people have to pay for your problem?

I think it would be far better to have had the Feds stay out of health care...period! People with pre-existing conditions could and should have been addressed by itself. We didn't need to destroy the entire health-care world in order to give you undeniable insurance. Health care should be the charge of States on down...never the Feds. Just MHO, of course.

Last edited by larrysda; 04-15-2014 at 04:23 PM..

Old 04-15-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Nobody lost great coverage because of this. They either had crappy coverage that doesn't count as insurance (e.g. discount drug plans), or they had great coverage that was cancelled for reasons not related to government, just like health insurance companies have been doing since time immemorial.
If you really believe your statement here, I've got a bridge I would like to sell you!

Oh, forgot, Obama usually sends his minions into discussions like this to lie like hell to people who actually know of that which they address.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Obamacare reduced costs for my small business and my middle class employees. Everyone in the company -- myself included -- has lower cost insurance and higher quality insurance.

Instead of paying for a company plan, I now reimburse 75% of what my employees pay-- Works out better for all of us.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Right, now your "middle-class employees" have to pay thousands of $'s in deductible before their wonderful AHA insurance ever kicks in and tells them what doctors they can and cannot use, in what hospitals their wonderful AHA insurance will be accepted, what procedures can and cannot be used, etc., etc. Whoopee!

If you think AHA (aka Obama Care) is higher quality, you had to have had one of the worst health insurance policies available. VBG

Old 04-15-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Sorry, you're crunching the wrong numbers. Family of 3. All working. The 9.5% is only for families who qualify for a subsidy.

Just please accept the fact that not all of us are liars. Some of us are caught in a bad financial trap that doesn't fit the political propaganda.
AND...that subsidy means that other people are paying the way for the ones accepting any subsidy. Not the American way of taking responsibility for yourselves...that's what our Country guarantees; i.e., everyone has the opportunity to create their own good life. If they are too lazy to educate themselves, stay spaced out on drugs and/or booze, etc., etc., they have thrown away their opportunity and no one else should pay for their ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies