Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 09:58 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It affects us all. I'm a company of 1 and my costs went up 40% and all the extra coverage I don't need.
I'm also a company of one and have been priced out of any sort of health insurance. I can't afford what they offer and I don't qualify for any subsidy. I now will be fined for not being able to afford the garbage their forcing on us. Meanwhile, I pay my medical bills out of pocket. Fobama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 10:01 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,303,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Obamacare is a godsend to small businesses trying to employ people or themselves. Pre-ACA, you had to work for a large corporation or government to have decent health insurance full-stop. Now even people who have had medical problems can get insurance outside of the corporate sector.

Barack Hussein Obama: inventor of the Executive Order.

Not in the 47 years of me working for both large and small employers has that been the case..
Insurance was good........until now.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:07 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Man, I'm tired of this argument. It is a completely misleading and deliberately manipulative way to "explain" the position of anyone who opposes Obama.

Quite simply, Obama's policies are terrible. They were terrible when he was talking about them on the campaign trail, and they are terrible in practice. His entire presidency has been aimed at convincing Americans that he is against poverty while doing everything he can to create more poor people. Meanwhile, his rich buddies in the corporate world are seeing their bank accounts grow and grow while the middle class is struggling to keep their heads above water.

Why would anyone who believes in the tenets that this country was founded on wish for him to succeed? Wanting Obama to fail is, simply, wanting to keep the United States in the first world rather than watch it fall into third world status. In other words, those who are actively opposed to Obama are far more concerned with the welfare of America than those who support his abortive policies.
Post a source that explains how Obama is giving money to his rich buddies (but you can't because its not true.)

Its actually republican CEO's like GW Bush and Dick Cheney who give money to their rich buddies.

Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis
Big Oil's Influence in Washington . NOW | PBS
FOCUS | Cheney's Halliburton Made $39.5 Billion on Iraq War

And you actually talk about Obama hurting the middle class, while republicans block all tax cuts for the middle class.

Senate Republicans Block Middle Class Tax Cut
Obama: Republicans blocking middle-class tax cuts - CSMonitor.com

And you talk about Obama hurting the middle class, while republicans like Romney call the middle class "freeloaders."

Romney Gaffe: Says 47% of Americans are a Bunch of Freeloaders - PolicyMic

Old 04-14-2014, 09:20 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
Quote:
Nobody lost great coverage because of this. They either had crappy coverage that doesn't count as insurance (e.g. discount drug plans), or they had great coverage that was cancelled for reasons not related to government, just like health insurance companies have been doing since time immemorial.
WRONG! I had excellent insurance therefor my insurance was grandfathered in until Dec 2014 at which point I will lose my insurance due to ACA (Obamacare).

"If you like your healthcare you can keep your healthcare period"
Lie of the year ... Barack Obama

Old 04-14-2014, 10:04 AM

58,994 posts, read 27,275,092 times
Quote:
Obamacare is a godsend to small businesses trying to employ people or themselves. Pre-ACA, you had to work for a large corporation or government to have decent health insurance full-stop. Now even people who have had medical problems can get insurance outside of the corporate sector.

Barack Hussein Obama: inventor of the Executive Order.
"you had to work for a large corporation or government to have decent health insurance full-stop."

B.S. I worked for several small businesses and had very good health care insurance.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:08 AM

58,994 posts, read 27,275,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Obamacare will negatively effect certain small businesses. But conservatives refuse to have any conversation about how to fix Obamacare, and conservatives refuse to fix Obamacares problems.

Republicans actually want Obamacare to hurt many American's, so lots of people will get mad at democrats. Then Americas republicans will bring out their huge plans to use Obamacare as a political weapon in 2016.

And republicans have wanted B. Obama himself to fail since he got into office, and when you want our president to fail you don't care about America.

Rooting for Obama to fail since before he was president | MSNBC
Pence: 'You Bet' We Want Obama's Policies To Fail | ThinkProgress
CNN poll: Republicans want Obama’s policies to fail - The Plum Line - The Washington Post
Reid: Congressional Republicans Want Obama To Fail

And everything you said about taxes and the rich are lies said by republican CEO's in Washington. Billionaire CEO's have lower tax rates than regular middle class Americans. The following link shows billionaire CEO Warren Buffet and his secretary (Buffets secretary pays twice the federal tax rate as he does.)

(You must click the blue words bellow the screen to watch the video.)

Warren Buffett, Secretary Debbie Bosanek Discuss Tax Rate Inequality in Interview - YouTube
"But conservatives refuse to have any conversation about how to fix Obamacare, and conservatives refuse to fix Obamacares problems."

Sorry, the dems own it lock, stock and barrel.

The dems EXCLUDED the repubs from the very start. NOW you want their help to fix THEIR fiasco.

Too late. It is THEIRS.

As they say, "You broke it now YOU fix it".

How many dem proposals have you seen to fix it?

Old 04-14-2014, 10:31 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
WRONG! I had excellent insurance therefor my insurance was grandfathered in until Dec 2014 at which point I will lose my insurance due to ACA (Obamacare).

Then you didn't have good insurance and it wasn't grandfathered in if you lost it in December 2014. I can only assume that means you are now uninsured or your employer offered you a different insurance or you signed up for ACA.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:37 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,402,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Man, I'm tired of this argument. It is a completely misleading and deliberately manipulative way to "explain" the position of anyone who opposes Obama.

Quite simply, Obama's policies are terrible. They were terrible when he was talking about them on the campaign trail, and they are terrible in practice. His entire presidency has been aimed at convincing Americans that he is against poverty while doing everything he can to create more poor people. Meanwhile, his rich buddies in the corporate world are seeing their bank accounts grow and grow while the middle class is struggling to keep their heads above water.

Why would anyone who believes in the tenets that this country was founded on wish for him to succeed? Wanting Obama to fail is, simply, wanting to keep the United States in the first world rather than watch it fall into third world status. In other words, those who are actively opposed to Obama are far more concerned with the welfare of America than those who support his abortive policies.
Which policies are terrible?

I hear of Obama's "terrible policies" in every other thread but no one can seem to describe what the policies are and why they are terrible.

Hmmmmm *scratches head*

Old 04-14-2014, 10:39 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,402,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

Good insurance for you and bad for everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Not in the 47 years of me working for both large and small employers has that been the case..
Insurance was good........until now.
Same as above... good for you, bad for everyone else.

So, you want everyone else to pay for your rosy health insurance?

Old 04-14-2014, 11:02 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,587,680 times
Even if you had excellent insurance, you won't if you get a Dx of cancer. Friend of mine going through this now.

Our system is irreparably broken. This is no longer a first world nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies