Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2014, 11:55 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Let's stop trying to fix them, then. No more unearned government assistance. For anyone.
That'll tick off a whole lot of white people........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 11:56 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You don't believe in much of anything? Your posts contradict that statement. Your 'version' of US history is largely based on your perceptions and thus my question remains relevant, even if you want to avoid answering it. Do you believe all white people are racist?
These things that I have typed in this thread are based on US history.

American black people were denied access to government that is historical fact.

The whole idea of race is based on racism, white supremacy and black inferiority, that is historical fact.

The US government has always served the needs of some white people that is historical fact.

That white racists have historically been vehemently against black people gaining access to government services that is historical fact.

So no I have not stated any beliefs in this thread. And what I wrote about US history is not based on my perceptions whatever that means.

I am not avoiding anything, your question is irrelevant to this thread.

Old 05-17-2014, 11:57 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Too bad.

Old 05-17-2014, 11:58 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Too bad.
As long as you explain it to them.

Old 05-17-2014, 12:01 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
No, it isn't. The War on Poverty began only 50 years ago.

The poverty rate was 19% then. It's 15% now. Trillions of dollars spent on public assistance programs for 50 years, and the poverty rate has changed very little.

Furthermore, all of the public assistance programs we now have are setting up a ticking poverty time bomb because of the following 2 reasons:

Nearly half of all U.S. births are paid for by Medicaid (medical care public assistance program for the poor).
Medicaid Pays For Nearly Half of All Births in the United States | publichealth.gwu.edu

Those who receive public assistance have a birth rate 3 times higher than those who don't. Stats and citations, here:
//www.city-data.com/forum/32045595-post217.html
Lol you can't be serious. You think the US government hell every government ever created has not served the needs of some of its citizens?

I didn't write anything specifically about public assistance programs of they kind you have in mind any way being the only way the US government serves the needs of some of its citizens although in my view all US government help/programs are public assistance and you are wrong public assistance programs have existed for longer than 50yrs in this nation.

Old 05-17-2014, 12:06 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
These things that I have typed in this thread are based on US history.

American black people were denied access to government that is historical fact.

The whole idea of race is based on racism, white supremacy and black inferiority, that is historical fact.

The US government has always served the needs of some white people that is historical fact.

That white racists have historically been vehemently against black people gaining access to government services that is historical fact.

So no I have not stated any beliefs in this thread. And what I wrote about US history is not based on my perceptions whatever that means.

I am not avoiding anything, your question is irrelevant to this thread.
The fact that you won't answer the question (multiple times) told me everything I needed to know about you. I know what you're about now. It's pretty much what I figured.

Do you know what I said your 'perception' of US History? Most of your posts equate white racists to white people.

And what does this even mean? The whole idea of race is based on racism, white supremacy and black inferiority, that is historical fact.

Race, as used in the classification sense, actually derives from an anthropological context. THAT is historical fact.

Old 05-17-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
As long as you explain it to them.
Why shouldn't everyone get the same explanation at the same time?

Our country can no longer afford to subsidize an exponentially growing welfare-dependent class. Show them the shocking statistics:

Nearly half of all U.S. births are paid for by Medicaid (medical care public assistance program for the poor).
Medicaid Pays For Nearly Half of All Births in the United States | publichealth.gwu.edu

Those who receive public assistance have a birth rate 3 times higher than those who don't. Stats and citations, here:
//www.city-data.com/forum/32045595-post217.html

Hard for anyone to not understand what an impending disaster those are.

Old 05-17-2014, 12:19 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
I said for anyone. No racial discrimination.

Do you have a reading comprehension deficiency?
Quote:
Nope, but the idea that black Americans shouldn't be helped by the government is itself an idea that racists throughout American history favored.

American racist politicians were vehemently against the idea of black Americans being helped by the government. I am not surprised to see you in that camp.

That is the tradition you are carrying forth.
Like IC said. Not all Black people are hood rats and not all anglo white people are upper level college grads. Malia Obama has it BETTER than probably 99 percent of ALL girls her age in the US of ANY skin color.

Old 05-17-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Lol you can't be serious. You think the US government hell every government ever created has not served the needs of some of its citizens?
Via means-tested federal public assistance programs? Yes. Many countries don't. The U.S. only started doing so 50 years ago.

Quote:
you are wrong public assistance programs have existed for longer than 50yrs in this nation.
Private programs? Yes. State programs? Yes. Federal programs? No.

Old 05-17-2014, 12:21 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
It is what it is and I'm "white".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies