Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 10:52 AM

1,347 posts, read 953,838 times

Advertisements

Birmingham probes Muslim takeover of schools 'plot'

This happens wherever muslims immigrate to a non-muslim country; like a trojan horse as the article states, they take over the schools, businesses, and eventually, establish sharia law - as if they are instilling a new muslim country where there used to be a non-muslim one.

The longer the West tolerates the mass immigration of muslims, the more difficult it will be for the inevitable mass deportation that will be required to expel them back to the mideast/asia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 12:11 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,026,884 times
Regardless of how the OP describes the situation, it's still an issue. If you wish to maintain your nations culture and heritage, it's a given that you can't let a people with different values and culture enter at such a rate that they have no reason to adapt. With certain immigrant groups, this is more prevalent than others.

This is the case with Muslims in Europe. It is also a case with Latino immigrants in the US. When there are so many people who speak the same language immigrating, it's common sense that at some point there will be a "tip" where they don't bother to learn English. They then start demanding that everything be provided in Spanish. It's pretty much already happened.

It's not "evil" or "wrong", it's just the nature of power. What's weird is that so many people in the west are willing to just give up their culture out of some misguided guilt or out of fear of being considered intolerant, or out of sheer greed for low priced labor.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:18 PM

30,991 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Regardless of how the OP describes the situation, it's still an issue. If you wish to maintain your nations culture and heritage, it's a given that you can't let a people with different values and culture enter at such a rate that they have no reason to adapt. With certain immigrant groups, this is more prevalent than others.

This is the case with Muslims in Europe. It is also a case with Latino immigrants in the US. When there are so many people who speak the same language immigrating, it's common sense that at some point there will be a "tip" where they don't bother to learn English. They then start demanding that everything be provided in Spanish. It's pretty much already happened.

It's not "evil" or "wrong", it's just the nature of power. What's weird is that so many people in the west are willing to just give up their culture out of some misguided guilt or out of fear of being considered intolerant, or out of sheer greed for low priced labor.
Can't argue with anything you say. There is always going to be an 'exhange' of cultures when two different cultures meet. Those who are liberal in thinking seem to associate everything associated with foreign culture as good and everything that is an American culture as bad.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:34 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,729,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Can't argue with anything you say. There is always going to be an 'exhange' of cultures when two different cultures meet. Those who are liberal in thinking seem to associate everything associated with foreign culture as good and everything that is an American culture as bad.
That is nonsense. In the West very few people of either political orientation think Islam is good...
There is only a certain difference in the willingness to be politically correct and to face reality. Conservative people tend to more readily express their rejections of Islam, while liberals pretend to believe everyone will eventually get along if everybody is nice enough not to hurt anyone's feelings. But deep inside I guess most liberals also know that is not realistic.

I think it is different with Buddhism, which some liberals indeed think is better than Western culture. But Islam has never had that reputation in the West.

Last edited by Neuling; 04-14-2014 at 12:55 PM..

Old 04-14-2014, 12:53 PM

I guess one might call it common or incumbent culture...

Old 04-14-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
That is nonsense. In the West very few people of either political orientation think Islam is good...
There is only a certain difference in the willingness to be politically correct and to face reality. Conservative people tend to more readily express their rejections of Islam, while liberals pretend to believe everyone will eventually get along if everybody is nice enough not to hurt anyone's feelings. But deep inside I guess most liberals also know that is not realistic.
He's partially right though...liberals (I tend to lean that side myself on most issues) have spent so much time finding flaws with US policy, that when a real threat to Western values comes along, they continue to go down the same road they always have, that the US HAS to be the bad guy, that these people have to be nuts because US foreign policy made them nuts. There can never be a cause of irrational, violent. behavior that isn't traced back to the U.S. I'm not sure if that's exactly the case with the UK, but I've heard similar thoughts from Brits I've met.

To a less militant extent, Latino immigrants HAVE to be heroes, because the US has been so bad for so long that they are forced to come here for a better life, and we should be more than happy to pay for that better life...the US was "stolen" from Mexico, "they were here first", etc, all that BS.

It's a strange, self deprecating mindset, but it is very common, especially amongst the "coastal left".

I'd much rather the US put pressure on Mexico to become a modern democratic country instead of acting as a pressure relief valve for their disenfranchised to escape to.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:05 PM

29,210 posts, read 22,341,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
That's silly.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
He's partially right though...liberals (I tend to lean that side myself on most issues) have spent so much time finding flaws with US policy, that when a real threat to Western values comes along, they continue to go down the same road they always have, that the US HAS to be the bad guy, that these people have to be nuts because US foreign policy made them nuts. There can never be a cause of irrational, violent. behavior that isn't traced back to the U.S. I'm not sure if that's exactly the case with the UK, but I've heard similar thoughts from Brits I've met.

To a less militant extent, Latino immigrants HAVE to be heroes, because the US has been so bad for so long that they are forced to come here for a better life, and we should be more than happy to pay for that better life...the US was "stolen" from Mexico, "they were here first", etc, all that BS.

It's a strange, self deprecating mindset, but it is very common, especially amongst the "coastal left".

I'd much rather the US put pressure on Mexico to become a modern democratic country instead of acting as a pressure relief valve for their disenfranchised to escape to.
I am not so sure one has to do with the other. I also believe that much of the world's problems are the fault of the West, have been for centuries now. But that does not make Islam any better in my view, despite my being more liberal than conservative. Western vs Muslim culture is a bit like asking which of the two is the lesser evil.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I am not so sure one has to do with the other. I also believe that much of the world's problems are the fault of the West, have been for centuries now. But that does not make Islam any better in my view, despite my being more liberal than conservative. Western vs Muslim culture is a bit like asking which of the two is the lesser evil.
How did the Aztecs treat neighboring groups before the Spanish arrived?

Were they warlike because they had some visions of far away whitefaced people being warlike, and figured that was the thing to do?

I think our end goal as humans should be to end violence and war, but Western Liberals seem to have this idea that subjegating people, slavery, conquering, etc, was invented by Europeans.

The only reason we're able to look back an criticize is because the written history is so much more detailed..it isn't carved into the sides of temples.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
How did the Aztecs treat neighboring groups before the Spanish arrived?

Were they warlike because they had some visions of far away whitefaced people being warlike, and figured that was the thing to do?

I think our end goal as humans should be to end violence and war, but Western Liberals seem to have this idea that subjegating people, slavery, conquering, etc, was invented by Europeans.

The only reason we're able to look back an criticize is because the written history is so much more detailed..it isn't carved into the sides of temples.
But back then it was only regional conflicts, the Aztecs never went abroad and tried to dominate the world.

It's also interesting to note that in Muslim countries they are complaining about the same thing, namely that the West is trying to take over the Muslim world. We only tend to see things from the perspective that makes us look like victims, while we ignore the perspective from which we are perpetrators.

Maybe some Muslims coming to the West get the wrong idea that we are looking for or accepting a new religion since many of use have all but abandoned Christianity. There was a report on Germany recently where they described how Christianity is basically dying out with the old generation. They have to import priests from Africa and India even in order to continue Sunday services for the old. The younger ones don't care about all that anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies