Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2014, 08:30 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
The Russian fighter made 12 passes at 500ft for 90 minutes..............12............and the U.S. Destroyer did not respond. After the first pass, the Captain of the U.S.S. Donald Cook should have activated his 'Phalanx Defensive Cannon' and neutralized the fighter. That would have sent a strong signal to Putin that we mean business and won't allow a threat to put our crews in jeopardy. What the Russians are doing is taunting putative president Obama, something that would never have happened in this situation under Reagan, Bush 1 and 2 or even if Palin was president. They are making this putative president look extremely weak on the international scene and it is a utter embarrassment to us all. In 2016 we need a strong pro-military president who will use common sense and take a strong stance on agression around the world when peaceful nations are threatened by hardline goverments.

News from The Associated Press

Its just amazing to me that the US can inspire unrest in regime change in so many nations, create no fly zones and support the overthrow of democratically elected governments but when Russia does something similar they are condemned. I do not think the world is on the side of the US anymore.....aside from Western Europe and a few other countries. Most of the rest of the world sees the US as the big bully in the world.....not Russia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 08:37 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
The Russian fighter made 12 passes at 500ft for 90 minutes..............12............and the U.S. Destroyer did not respond.
Moderator cut: snip

Quote:
After the first pass, the Captain of the U.S.S. Donald Cook should have activated his 'Phalanx Defensive Cannon' and neutralized the fighter. That would have sent a strong signal to Putin that we mean business and won't allow a threat to put our crews in jeopardy. What the Russians are doing is taunting putative president Obama, something that would never have happened in this situation under Reagan, Bush 1 and 2 or even if Palin was president.
Contrary to your fantasy video-game world, it is not illegal to over-fly any ship of any kind.

I couldn't help but notice that you failed to specify exactly where the Cook was.

The Black Sea is a big place....I know....I was sailing there 8 months ago.

So...Black Sea where? In Bulgarian territorial waters? Romanian territorial waters? Turkish territorial waters? International waters?

Or did the Cook violate Russian territorial waters, you know, like the Brits violated Iranian territorial waters a few years back?

Moderator cut: snip

Mircea

Last edited by Oldhag1; 04-14-2014 at 09:42 PM..

Old 04-14-2014, 08:41 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Bin Laden. Dead.
Somali pirates. Three dead. One in prison.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:12 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Yeah, nothing insane about starting a nuclear war and killing all life on Earth over a jet buzzing a destroyer.
I highly doubt Putin would launch nuclear weapons if the plane had been shot down. I think perhaps if the jet had locked on and it was detected then down it would be right now. Happens quite often in the world just a subs where loss in cold war thought as we know how to be from one or the others actions then.if your right then Putin is indeed more dangerous that is thought.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:12 PM

878 posts, read 737,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Bin Laden. Dead
There is no proof of that. No body, no pictures. Only the administrations word which can't be taken as truthful under this putative president.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:36 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Because moonbats live life based on silly emotions and fear.
So do the idiots stating we should have shot the plane down, to be honest.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:38 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,842,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Had O not backed an illegal coup, none of this would be happening.
Correct. And by the way, Odumba is responsible for the new cold war with Russia because of that.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:44 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,842,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Its just amazing to me that the US can inspire unrest in regime change in so many nations, create no fly zones and support the overthrow of democratically elected governments but when Russia does something similar they are condemned. I do not think the world is on the side of the US anymore.....aside from Western Europe and a few other countries. Most of the rest of the world sees the US as the big bully in the world.....not Russia.
And Russia doesn't have numerous military bases around the world.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:31 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
There is no proof of that. No body, no pictures. Only the administrations word which can't be taken as truthful under this putative president.
You mean aside from the fact that Al-Qaeda has ADMITTED it happened?

Then again I suppose you could be right - after all, everyone knows how those SEAL commando types are all flamming liberals constantly fawning over Obama.

You wingnuts just get sillier and sillier all the time.

Ken

Old 04-15-2014, 12:23 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,652 times
Those "SEAL commando types" are also dead! Families suspect SEAL Team 6 crash was inside job on worst day in Afghanistan - Washington Times

http://beforeitsnews.com/obama/2014/...t-2460590.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
You mean aside from the fact that Al-Qaeda has ADMITTED it happened?

Then again I suppose you could be right - after all, everyone knows how those SEAL commando types are all flamming liberals constantly fawning over Obama.

You wingnuts just get sillier and sillier all the time.

Ken

Last edited by SpencerMtn; 04-15-2014 at 12:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies