Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where do you stand politically, in general?
I lean mainly to the right politically. 47 22.93%
I'm on the left side of most matters. 92 44.88%
I am a libertarian. 32 15.61%
other: explain 34 16.59%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 02:28 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
I don't think that conservatives and liberals really have anything left to discuss. The second quoted poster isn't interested in discussion. Also, he/she doesn't understand the meaning of partisan opinion and on what threads such opinion is being solicited. Yes, you're a screaming liberal. Got it. Find a more appropriate thread on which to express your conservative hatred.
You do realize you can believe a particular group of people are ignorant without thinking an entire ideology is right ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 03:48 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,351,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
It's my impression that there are far more conservatives and libertarians in this forum than there were in the early years - I'm just curious about how many more.
Definitely, just look at the thread titles.

Old 04-15-2014, 03:57 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,351,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
Registered Independent but Libertarian here - former Republican.

As for the stance of this board, the mix has changed from the early days to now as has the dialogue. More often than not, I wouldn't say it's changed for the better. This board has become so partisan, so full of rhetoric, bs, and simple minded name calling that I go long periods without visiting just to keep my sanity.

You could post a thread about gas stoves vs electrics and it will devolve into name calling party crap in 5 posts or less. It's sad really.

I'm not going to lie, I have a very bad opinion of the tea party to the point when I see common sense American equated to the tea party my instant, knee jerk reaction is to laugh. Some of the party may be exactly that but unfortunately for you, the appearance of your party is much like giving a national microphone to someone in the south after a disaster. You can almost guarantee the stupidest among us (southerners) will get the mic. In the case of the tea party, the craziest among the party have left their mark and a strong, negative impression that will be hard to shake.
Cooks seem to prefer gas.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:28 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
Registered Independent but Libertarian here - former Republican.

As for the stance of this board, the mix has changed from the early days to now as has the dialogue. More often than not, I wouldn't say it's changed for the better. This board has become so partisan, so full of rhetoric, bs, and simple minded name calling that I go long periods without visiting just to keep my sanity.

You could post a thread about gas stoves vs electrics and it will devolve into name calling party crap in 5 posts or less. It's sad really.
The board has really taken a dive in the last couple of years and the posters that had intellectual content do not post as much or no longer are part of the forum.

Old 04-15-2014, 05:39 AM

40 posts, read 41,686 times
I'm a left-libertarian!

Old 04-15-2014, 05:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
I'm a Constitutional American, that loves personal liberty and freedom for all.

Old 04-15-2014, 05:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'm center-left overall. After flirting with Ron Paulism for a few years, I'm back to where I originally was. If I had to call myself a Democrat, then I identify with the Rust Belt Democrats (I lived most of my life in the Rust Belt, coincidentally), not the hippy West Coast faction. Ergo, economic issues are much more important to me than social

You just identified the reason, it is called the rust belt and not steel city.

Old 04-15-2014, 05:53 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Oh, my........

I am independent.

The Political Compass - Test

Old 04-15-2014, 06:09 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,788,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
The Tea Party is not libertarian. They are yokels who discovered the joys of limited government the day a black man with an Arabic name became the prominent executive officer of the government.

These opportunists and dregs of the hillbilly enclaves of American society ought to be denounced and opposed at every turn.
Wow! Another highly educated intellectual thoughtful unbiased observer heard from ...

That's sarcasm, in case you dont know. You are a mind numb brainwashed hater.

How things in mommy's basement?

Old 04-15-2014, 06:43 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Libertarian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies