Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 07:52 PM

11,669 posts, read 18,022,026 times

Advertisements

List any sources (radio, television, internet, books, individuals, etc.) that you get your politics news and education from. For me, it's the following:

MSNBC - Chris Matthews, Chris Hayes, Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O'Donnell
NPR
Huffington Post
Thom Hartmann
Leslie Marshall
Robert Reich
Paul Krugman
The Young Turks
Bernie Sanders
Elizabeth Warren
Nick Hanauer
Michael Moore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 08:01 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,427,269 times
Common sense and U.S.A. Today.

If I have to watch, I like CNN personally. MSNBC and Fox News are both obnoxious. CNN at least attempts to pretend it is neutral, despite its slight left bias.

Most of the TV media has a left bias, but really only MSNBC is significant enough to write home about.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:03 PM

11,669 posts, read 18,022,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
Common sense and U.S.A. Today.

If I have to watch, I like CNN personally. MSNBC and Fox News are both obnoxious. CNN at least attempts to pretend it is neutral, despite its slight left bias.

Most of the TV media has a left bias, but really only MSNBC is significant enough to write home about.
Honestly, I have found CNN to come off as very bland and boring to watch. Anderson Cooper has such a BORING personality, just like most other CNN people.

I LOVE the personalities of MSNBC. They're far more interesting to watch. Even Fox News has some interesting personalities, but I just don't agree with their message.

And honestly, I have found MSNBC to be the most informative and accurate out of all of the networks. They really do their homework with everything and are fantastic at analysis of issues and current events.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:08 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,453,738 times
Its more about where I dont get my news from.

Fox news, and Mother Jones both are horrible sites.
MSNBC is borderline

Anything on the extreme left or right pretty much is iffy.

I might read something on Fox, or Mother Jones, but its in the pile of information labeled (probably suspect)

Big fan of Christian Science Monitor.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:19 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,949,641 times
Did not MSNBC intentionally edit the Zimmerman/ Martin tape? And people complain about FOX.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:24 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,427,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Did not MSNBC intentionally edit the Zimmerman/ Martin tape? And people complain about FOX.
They are both despicable.

I give MSNBC the benefit of the doubt between the two simply because Fox News promotes more destructive ideology. Everything is a scandal, crisis, or tyranny on Fox News. MSNBC is really just bashing conservatives. That isn't any classier, but less harmful in my opinion.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:29 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,949,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
They are both despicable.

I give MSNBC the benefit of the doubt between the two simply because Fox News promotes more destructive ideology. Everything is a scandal, crisis, or tyranny on Fox News. MSNBC is really just bashing conservatives. That isn't any classier, but less harmful in my opinion.
I have never seen FOX do anything comparable to the Zimmerman/ Martin tape. It is one thing to be heavily biased, it is another thing to edit tapes in order to push your agenda.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:36 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,453,738 times
Quote:
I have never seen FOX do anything comparable to the Zimmerman/ Martin tape. It is one thing to be heavily biased, it is another thing to edit tapes in order to push your agenda.
Heres some:
Fox News Channel controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Like I said, I lump them in with mother jones.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:38 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,746,270 times
A person has to be a little deranged to actually watch MSNBC and take it seriously. They don't actually do real news reporting or broadcasting, it's all satire. Can't believe that some people didn't know that.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:43 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,108,036 times
Quote:
It wasn't MSNBC that edited the tape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies