Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 11:11 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There are more people living in welfare now than ever, your response.. its better

and spare me the babble about Reagan being more left than Obama.. my god, how do you think of this ****? Do you work hard to say things this dumb, or does it come naturally?
He is a liberal. It comes naturally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 11:11 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Then where are the protests when Obama not only renewed these things, but expanded them?
You mean like this, which took about three seconds to Google?

People protest all the time. Just because you choose to be uninformed doesn't mean it isn't happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78
Do you think Democrat voters will just vote for Republicans or something over this? Which are all things Republicans tend to be in support of it seems.
This.

Both sides have shown that they're not above completely ignoring civil liberties. However, the right seems to have a lot more staunch defenders of trampling civil liberties and a lot fewer people who actually support them, so why on earth would upset Democrats run into the arms of people who will be even worse?

Old 04-15-2014, 11:13 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Who says that what you are asserting is even true? The most liberal voters are critical of spying -- even when a Democrat is doing it.

Examples:
Reid accuses CIA of intimidation, orders review of spying charges

Here's Why The NSA Illegal And Unconstitutional Spying Should Worry You

Bernie Sanders Wants to Know Whether the NSA Has Been Spying on Congress

It was indeed true that conservatives were apologists during the Bush Admin on the matter of spying and torture. That just isn't true on the liberal side that is consistently against domestic spying and torture.
Quote:
Oh please. It wasnt that long ago that these very individuals were telling us that we had nothing to hide, then it doesnt matter if the government spies on you.
If you mean by "these very individuals" conservatives, I agree. You didn't find liberals saying that. If you disagree, find quotes.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:18 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
You mean like this, which took about three seconds to Google?

People protest all the time. Just because you choose to be uninformed doesn't mean it isn't happening.
This.
Haha, they arent liberals, they are carrying signs thanking Edward Snowden.. The left think Edward Snowden was a traiter.

And second, I think I've had more people show up at my 4th of July cookouts..

nice try...

Old 04-15-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
If you mean by "these very individuals" conservatives, I agree. You didn't find liberals saying that. If you disagree, find quotes.
oh please, liberals non stop ran around proclaiming that if you had nothing to hide, then it doesnt matter what the government does. Used the same argument to insist Romney should release his tax returns..

Old 04-15-2014, 11:24 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Haha, they arent liberals, they are carrying signs thanking Edward Snowden.. The left think Edward Snowden was a traiter.

nice try...
Did you ever hear of an organization called The American Civil Liberties Union (ALCU)? They are a liberal group that has been defending against government civil liberties intrusions for decades.

You really can't just invent your own reality where conservatives are the sole defenders of individual rights.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:29 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:

nice try...
According to who? You? You're not exactly a credible source for what "the left" - which in your deluded mind is apparently some mass group of people that all think exactly the same things - thinks about anything.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Did you ever hear of an organization called The American Civil Liberties Union (ALCU)? They are a liberal group that has been defending against government civil liberties intrusions for decades.

You really can't just invent your own reality where conservatives are the sole defenders of individual rights.
I'm very well aware of them.. I even know a lawyer who works for them.. That adds what to the dicussion?

Have you ever had chocolate ice cream? That holds the same relevance..

Old 04-15-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
According to who? You? You're not exactly a credible source for what "the left" - which in your deluded mind is apparently some mass group of people that all think exactly the same things - thinks about anything.
So now left wingers werent calling him a trator? Thats weird, I believe we have threads around here arguing that he was from lefties..

Isnt the Huffington POS left wing?
Edward Snowden Traitor

Old 04-15-2014, 11:38 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We've done this before......being against something but then voting for it does nothing to fix the problem. The lesser of two evils is still evil.
Personally I look at the person I am voting for rather than the party they are a part of, it just so happens that most people I vote for are Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies