Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 01:07 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Still having them with the government ignoring them isn't of much use.

I understand someone voting for Obama in 2008. He claimed to hold many decent positions, it's just too bad they were all lies. No excuses for 2012.

I took my daughter with me in 2008 to show her how voting works. She was 8 at the time so I had to vote for someone for president. I voted for Bob Barr as a none of the above vote mostly. in 2012 I wrote in Vermin Supreme. There is a good chance he will be my choice in 2016 also.

Vermin Supreme: The protester who would be president - CNN.com
Well some people like flushing their votes away for a guy with a boot on their head. The rest of us know that our votes for our Senators, House of Representatives, and State and Local governments is more important than who we pick for president. I want a president that will best represent those other politicians that I voted for and for me that person was Obama in 2008 and 2012, even if you really don't like Obama. I didn't need to consult you with who I should vote for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 01:11 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well some people like flushing their votes away for a guy with a boot on their head.
And some vote for the guy who continues to trample on our rights......at least I know it's not my fault.

Quote:
The rest of us know that our votes for our Senators, House of Representatives, and State and Local governments is more important than who we pick for president. I want a president that will best represent those other politicians that I voted for and for me that person was Obama in 2008 and 2012, even if you really don't like Obama. I didn't need to consult you with who I should vote for.
I don't understand how anyone could like someone so dismissive of our rights.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:11 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When was the last time they actually let us all have a choice to vote for a Conservative.
The last century has been Progressive and Progressive Lite.
Who is " they"?

Old 04-15-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
And some vote for the guy who continues to trample on our rights......at least I know it's not my fault.

I don't understand how anyone could like someone so dismissive of our rights.
Yet Obama hasn't trampled on our rights. You just don't like the positions he has taken for whatever reason.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When was the last time they actually let us all have a choice to vote for a Conservative.
The last century has been Progressive and Progressive Lite.
You guys can't find any good far right wingers to vote for? If that is what the far right wing wants, why not just push for that to happen so you have that conservative candidate you are happy with rather than use the excuse that all Republican candidates are just Progressive Lite. That sounds like a copout.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:25 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I couldn't help but notice that Democratic voters tend to let things like the Patriot Act, spying, illegal wars and the war on drugs "slide" as long as a Democrat is in charge. Why is that?
The same reason Republicans do the same when a Republican is in charge. They love to make speeches opposing something when the other guy is in charge if they think they can get a bump in the polls out of it but neither party really cares enough to actually do anything about it and in fact as afraid they'll get blamed if something is changed. Fear and cowardice seem to be the primary motivation of all politicians regardless of party.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:36 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Many of us conservatives were opposed to things like the Patriot Act when Bush was in office as well..
That did not stop conservatives from sponsoring and voting for it in 2001 and 2011.

In 2001, 89% of the House nays were Democrat.
In 2001, the sole nay in the Senate was from a Democrat.

In 2011, 82% of the House nays were from Democrats.
In 2011, 67% of the Senate nays were from Democrats.

What some conservatives want is not how most conservatives vote.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
That did not stop conservatives from sponsoring and voting for it in 2001 and 2011.

In 2001, 89% of the House nays were Democrat.
In 2001, the sole nay in the Senate was from a Democrat.

In 2011, 82% of the House nays were from Democrats.
In 2011, 67% of the Senate nays were from Democrats.

What some conservatives want is not how most conservatives vote.
oh that is because the Republicans who voted for the Patriot Act weren't real conservatives, the far right wingers say they were "progressive lite."

Old 04-15-2014, 01:45 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Oh please. It wasnt that long ago that these very individuals were telling us that we had nothing to hide, then it doesnt matter if the government spies on you.
Yup, that was when it was just tax payers. As these soon as bimbo boxer found out she was being hacked it was a travisty. Liberals need mental stability that is satisfied by someone or something taking care of their basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter. They don't think independently but more in group think. What's good for us is good for everybody. They also lack core principals to live by such as self reliance and personal accountability. Because of this they tend to accuse others of racism, hatred etc when questioned about their belief system as it relates to them.

If you would seperate the country into two factions liberals would stave to death.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:12 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yet Obama hasn't trampled on our rights. You just don't like the positions he has taken for whatever reason.
As I said.....some will turn a blind eye to anything.....no Obama didn't actually operate the recorders that recorded the media's conversations. No, Obama didn't actually drop the bomb himself that denied others their due process. No, it wasn't actually Obama listening in to all of our conversations but it all happened with his knowledge and O.K.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies