Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 10:31 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
They spend twenty minutes every morning in a make-up mirror, throw on a push-up bra and then spend the rest of the day telling the rest of us they are not a sex object.

What's difficult to understand?
Ok good, this is it then.

Let's never, ever again see any right winger questioning why the GOP loses women by double digits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 10:40 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post

Let's never, ever again see any right winger questioning why the GOP loses women by double digits.
No kidding!

Old 04-17-2014, 12:05 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The birthplace of the Free Speech Movement. And no one hates free speech more than a conservative who is being disagreed with.

Unless it's a conservative who is intimidated by anyone with a superior education.
Oh, I just recognised the rhetoric. I used to hang out there a bit in the '60s before I grew up. It has been said that if a man is not a liberal when he is young, he has no heart, and if he is not a conservative when he gets older, he has no brain.

BTW, You don't know what my education has been, so you are speaking from ignorance in the truest sense of the word.

Last edited by Bideshi; 04-17-2014 at 12:15 AM..

Old 04-17-2014, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Must be the 60th anniversary of her 90th birthday, judging by her mid 19th century mindset.
Men and women's basic natures never change. We just pretend they do.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yeah, I remember way back in 1970s when she was opposing the ERA.

She actually claimed that the ERA would lead to homosexual marriage and women in combat.

Radical feminist: Phyllis Schlafly was ‘right’
Shows what an absurd whacko she was. Those things could never happen...

Old 04-17-2014, 02:04 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post

First of all it's single women and who was questioning why?

Liberal anti-male laws have created a generation of young men significantly less interested in marriage than generations past.

Young Men and Women Differ on the Importance of a Successful Marriage | Pew Research Center

The marriage rate in the US is at an all-time low even though the number of women who would like to be married is increasing.

Love and Marriage | Pew Research Center

This growing bitter and disillusioned single female political block is one that Democrats realize they can manipulate in the future as their all out war on men yields broken fatherless families and a Münchausen-by-proxyesque opportunity for Democrats to ease the suffering their policies have caused.

Every Democrat knows that the New Deal was an economic catastrophe that became a political gold mine of widespread desperation and dependency of the generous hand of government.

Remember, even with double digit unemployment, FDR still had to die in office to lose the White House.

So what has changed in the past eighty years?

The women no one wants to marry have effectively married the federal government.

This is a growing demographic that Democrats will certainly continue to expand and exploit.

Old 04-17-2014, 04:30 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
She is 90 years old, cut her a break.
Well, if she was connected to something, maybe we could pull the plug (could not resist)

Funny thing about Phyllis. She worked outside of the home, traveling and speaking.
An accomplished lawyer and author. Not exactly "just a housewife".
I often wondered when she found the time to take care of her six kids.
Miracle woman or just talking out of both sides of her mouth. I'm thinking the latter.

Funny what people will say just to make a buck...

Old 04-17-2014, 04:42 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Other than trickle down economics I can't find one thing in American politics that has been debunked and proven wrong as often as the Pay gap but for some reason people still reference it

Men work more hours in higher paying more dangerous jobs and are less likely to take time off for children. Single childless women actually make more than their male counterparts but the media never acknowledges this because it goes against the women are victims by the evil male oppressor agenda

Old 04-17-2014, 04:58 AM

2,737 posts, read 3,164,730 times
I have heard 'a woman's work is never done', so therefore it's only right they are paid less.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:03 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Single childless women actually make more than their male counterparts but the media never acknowledges this because it goes against the women are victims by the evil male oppressor agenda
Single childless women are more apt to be more educated, thus getting that better paying job than the guy in their own demographic that maybe is not. Even if he is as educated, I'd say in this day and age, a woman has an up on getting that job. Not necessarily because she will be better at it, but part of affirmative action.
Look at the women in high places in the Obama administration; Rice, Hillary, Sebilius.
Just bursting with competence there

I don't think anyone is denying that women got the short stick for the longest time though.
Sorry if guys can't deal with having a short stick now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies