Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 09:03 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,985 times

Advertisements

"Another fact is the influence of hypergamy, which means that women typically choose a mate (husband or boyfriend) who earns more than she does. Men don't have the same preference for a higher-earning mate.

While women prefer to HAVE a higher-earning partner, men generally prefer to BE the higher-earning partner in a relationship. This simple but profound difference between the sexes has powerful consequences for the so-called pay gap.

Suppose the pay gap between men and women were magically eliminated. If that happened, simple arithmetic suggests that half of women would be unable to find what they regard as a suitable mate."

Facts and Fallacies About Paycheck Fairness

Good grief. Women are working to support themselves and their families, the same as men. They're not out in the workforce to "catch a man" who will then take care of them.

She goes on to claim that women don't work as long or as hard as men, and "place a much higher value on pleasant working conditions: a clean, comfortable, air-conditioned office with congenial co-workers,” and therefore do not deserve equal pay.

Nothing like having a woman who is stuck in the 19th century as your rightwing champion for women's rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 09:09 AM

702 posts, read 726,626 times
She is 90 years old, cut her a break.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:13 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,193,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
And she understands the unchangeable natures of men and women better than this generation.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:14 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
i'm not sure what she said is incorrect.

I wouldnt want to date a girl who makes twice what I do.. it would make me feel inferior and not a provider to the family..

but who named her some rightwing champion, I've never heard of her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
And she understands the unchangeable natures of men and women better than this generation.
Clearly better than the OP...

Old 04-16-2014, 09:18 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,196,981 times
Quote:
She's been the cheerleader for returning women who aren't privileged like she's been to the status of chattel for at least 30 years, so no, I won't "cut her a break".

Old 04-16-2014, 09:20 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,109,791 times
I can fully appreciate and identify with what she noted. However, if I were to do it all over again, I wouldn't mine if things were switched around.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:20 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,970,964 times
But...But...But...
According to some raging feminists, women don't really NEED husbands!
Especially not empowered high wage earning women.
Marriage is not even necessary in the world of today for the procreation of the species!
However, it IS necessary for the man to pay child support!

Old 04-16-2014, 09:22 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest

I wouldnt want to date a girl who makes twice what I do.. it would make me feel inferior and not a provider to the family..
That's a mighty fragile little ego you have there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
She's been around spewing her "women are inferior to men" garbage for years. Not my problem if you never heard of her.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:22 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,196,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Clearly better than the OP...
ROTFLMAO. You don't know manure about women, dude, especially ones who make twice what you do ... ... of course, that might not be too difficult for most to do ...

Old 04-16-2014, 09:23 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times
Quote:
Ummmm, she's always been like this. You could look her up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies