Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2014, 11:59 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,964,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
Those who have a low income who need these programs to support a family -- leeches and welfare queens.

Those who make the IRS think they have a low income to qualify for programs -- savvy citizens.

I get it now.
It's an UNJUST system to begin with. The government allows corporations/millionaires to park their wealth in foreign tax havens and also steals (that's right- steals) $$ from middle class people who try to better themselves. PHG is a patriot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 12:04 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,992,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not. Even. Close.

The middle class (top 25-50%) pays an average effective federal income tax rate of 7.0%, according to the IRS. Table 1, here:
Summary of Latest IRS Federal Income Tax Data

Romney's effective federal income tax rate was a little over 14%, TWICE the effective rate the middle class pays.

Romney paid 14% effective tax rate in 2011 - Sep. 21, 2012

Tell me, Chad... why do you so consistently believe the left-wing's manipulations and lies?
Chad is like most uninformed left wingers, and they display it almost constantly.

They dont comprhend the difference between effective, and marginal tax rates

While the tax rate for the working class is higher, they get far more deductions which make their effective tax rate far lower than the "rich" who have a lower marginal tax rate.

The left wing talking points about "loopholes" get blown out of the water when one looks at who pays want at the end of the day, but they ignore that because they dont know the difference.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:04 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,276,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
It's an UNJUST system to begin with. The government allows corporations/millionaires to park their wealth in foreign tax havens and also steals (that's right- steals) $$ from middle class people who try to better themselves. PHG is a patriot.
If they bring that money back....it is taxed.

Stop letting the government steal from you if that is how you feel.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:05 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,276,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Chad is like most uninformed left wingers, and they display it almost constantly.

They dont comprhend the difference between effective, and marginal tax rates

While the tax rate for the working class is higher, they get far more deductions which make their effective tax rate far lower than the "rich" who have a lower marginal tax rate.

The left wing talking points about "loopholes" get blown out of the water when one looks at who pays want at the end of the day, but they ignore that because they dont know the difference.
Don't know and don't want to know.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
nonsense.. The US is the only nation in the world, which taxes one based upon citizenship, not where its earned.. Simply parking it overseas doesnt dimish ones tax obligations, and the only reason it sits overseas is because the additional tax obligation to bring it back is again, among the highest in the world.

Not only was it taxed when it was earned, but now bringing the profits back into the USA would also generate an additional tax, and the total together, exceeds 50%..

Old 04-17-2014, 12:13 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,588,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Oh, good grief......how whinny can you be???
Have you seen a Wall Street Journal since Obama was elected? Talk about whining. Everytime somebody mentions wealth exploitation, the wealthy are all "wah wah, my feelings, how dare anybody criticize me for inheriting all my wealth from my parents and then paying people minimum wage while I keep all the profits and they die of preventable diseases."

Old 04-17-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Have you seen a Wall Street Journal since Obama was elected? Talk about whining. Everytime somebody mentions wealth exploitation, the wealthy are all "wah wah, my feelings, how dare anybody criticize me for inheriting all my wealth from my parents and then paying people minimum wage while I keep all the profits and they die of preventable diseases."
oh please, most wealth isnt inherited.. Just another typical lefty who babbles on and on with talking points that are lies..

Its embarassing how uneducated many americans are..

Old 04-17-2014, 12:18 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,562,785 times
Quote:
how dare anybody criticize me for inheriting all my wealth from my parents
Another myth. You're ticking them off one by one.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:19 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,588,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
oh please, most wealth isnt inherited.. Just another typical lefty who babbles on and on with talking points that are lies..

Its embarassing how uneducated many americans are..
I guess a better measure would be intergenerational economic mobility: if you are born poor, you live poor and die poor. If you're born rich, you live and die rich. Moreso in the US than pretty much any other first world country. So when you say "poor people should work harder" what you mean is "...to be born as a rich person."

Old 04-17-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
I guess a better measure would be intergenerational economic mobility: if you are born poor, you live poor and die poor. If you're born rich, you live and die rich. Moreso in the US than pretty much any other first world country. So when you say "poor people should work harder" what you mean is "...to be born as a rich person."
Continue to be wrong.

Most wealth is lost within 2 generations, and the momentum to keep people poor is because people like you support governmental programs designed to keep people poor..

Why, I'll never understand, especially if you support them, and then whine about the results.. its mind boggling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies