Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 10:51 PM

5 posts, read 6,629 times

Advertisements

What type of idiot leaves a BB gun in his car when going onto property where state/federal law says you can't bring even a replica of a gun onto said property?

Leave it at home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 07:45 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metcalf21 View Post
What type of idiot leaves a BB gun in his car when going onto property where state/federal law says you can't bring even a replica of a gun onto said property?

Leave it at home!
True, but stuff happens...e.g. what kind of [fill in the blank] makes a wrong turn and crosses into Mehico with his guns?

These are called accidents; mindless perhaps, but accidents nonetheless. When there's no ill intent, there should be no serious consequences. Usually, the lesson is learned and stays with one.

Enforcement of the law is one thing, but it has to be tempered with common sense. It shouldn't be just another chalk mark on the stats board that says "gotcha!" when it can ruin a life.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:13 AM

966 posts, read 1,346,447 times
Quote:

Leave it at home!
What sort of idiot can't use common sense and know it is a BB gun and not a real firearm. This zero tolerance is pure BS, when kids get in trouble for drawing a picture of a gun, or using thier fingers and going BANG, who is the dumber one the kid,who is being a kid and having fun or the "adult" who is offended and falls back on zero tolerance ?

I have not read every page on this thread, but I did see a comment about what would a EMT be doing carrying his "personal" knife while doing his job, well, it is simple, a lot of professionals supply their own tools of the trade, who do you think supplies the tools to fix your car when you take it into a dealership ? it is not the dealership, those toolboxes you see the mechanics working out of are THEIR personal toolboxes, they buy them, they decide what tools they should have and how they use them.
I am a aircraft mechanic by trade and I carry 3 knives on me while I am working, why ? because each has a purpose. I carry a small pocket knife for light cutting such as wire tie strings, carpet threads and so on, I carry a leatherman that has 2 knife blades I use for heavier cutting, suck as nylon tie wraps, I also carry a 4in long clip knife in my front pocket, I use it because I can get it out of my pocket and opened with one hand, which comes in very handy when you are wrapped around rudder pedals and control columns.

zero tolerance is a way for them to justify what they are doing when had they made the decision on their own, they would have been called a idiot for being so lame brained.

ZERO TOLERANCE is nothing more than stupidity by committee

Old 05-22-2014, 10:45 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:

Leave it at home!
Why is it that so many who haven't a clue on the subject ALWAYS seem to "know"
?

Hint, a B.B. gun is NOT classified as a weapon.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:49 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Why is it that so many who haven't a clue on the subject ALWAYS seem to "know"
?

Hint, a B.B. gun is NOT classified as a weapon.
How is it not ?

Old 05-22-2014, 12:44 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
How is it not ?
Ask the ATF.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:54 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Most of my high school student body would have been behind bars if carrying a pocket knife had been considered an arrestable offence. But hey, that's life in the boondocks.

That said, something here doesn't pass the smell test. Why did they search his car in the first place? Why was he in jail for so long? Why was his bond set so high? There's a lot more backstory here that isn't being told.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:09 AM

966 posts, read 1,346,447 times
Colorado boy punished for drawing handgun during assignment | Fox News

Another case of stupidity
A Colorado second grader was disciplined after he drew a picture of a handgun during an assignment where students look up to the clouds and draw what they see.
Kody Smith, 8, went outside May 14, looked up to the sky and saw a big fluffy handgun, KKTV.com reported. When he showed the drawing to his teacher at Talbott Elementary in Widefield, which is southeast of Colorado Springs, he was reprimanded.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:15 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
The Government wants to label people, not foods!

Old 05-23-2014, 10:17 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
The verdict is in: Guilty!

Former A-Tech student pleads guilty on weapons charge » Local News » The Star Beacon; Ashtabula, Ohio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies