Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 08:22 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times

Advertisements

Why are liberals always trying to trample on our civil liberties?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 08:22 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Me thinks Bloomberg is actually a staunch atheist and is bitter about his perceived mortality and knowing that all the money and fame/infamy he's "earned" will mean nothing after he dies, while a small sliver of him is hedging on the possibility of their being a God and Heaven in the afterlife, while deluding himself into believing he can just ignorantly "pass by" any saint or angel watching the gates like they're some sort of homeless panhandler sleeping on a grate in NYC. At least Soros has come to grips with his mortality knowing that his goals will never be realized before he dies.

Quote:
"I am telling you, if there is a God, when I get to heaven I'm not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in," he told reporter Jeremy Peters. "I have earned my place in heaven. It's not even close."

Old 04-17-2014, 08:29 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It's Bloomberg gun sense vs NRA gun sellers.... Let the most money win the buying of Congress people.
People won't change their beliefs no matter how much money you spend. Colorado demonstrated that. Let Bloomberg blow his fortune and the sooner the better. We will not give up our Constitution.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:32 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,053 times
I hope he wastes all of his money and rots on the streets that he came from.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:40 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
It's his money, he has an absolute right to do with it as he wishes.
However, I do believe there are much more sensible things he could do. Help the poor in his town, perhaps??
The NRA is not some faceless organization. It is made up of PEOPLE! In fact, some of YOUR friends, neighbors, and/or co-workers just might be members! Not all members display the stickers.
I, too, allowed my membership to lapse years ago, but, in response to ol' bloomy, I just might rejoin!

Old 04-17-2014, 08:51 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
He is a clear case of someone having more money than sense.

Such a funny, odd little man!
What this boils down to, is a man pledging 50M to fight the Second Amendment of the Constitution. Think about it.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:52 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Unfortunately, this human anus has a LOT of money.

I would have been far more impressed if he had spent $50 million of his own money to battle BigPharma and their psychiatric drugs.

There's far too many people on this type of medication -- and yet that never seems to be a focal point of any media discussion when there is a mass shooting.

That wouldn't have anything to do with campaign contributions, would it....?

Top 25 Psychiatric Medication Prescriptions for 2011 | Psych Central
Let him go broke doing this. His mayors against guns failed also.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:55 AM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
He seems to think true power of the NRA is it's cash. It isn't, it's all of its members.
....and the fact that rural states each have 2 senators. He can blow all the money he wants but it's not going to get an anti-gun senator a victory in Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, South Dakota etc. etc. etc.

Gun violence is largely concentrated to urban areas in the US. Rural states like Minnesota have a gun violence rate similar to Canada and a lot of hunters.

How about the politicians tackle the problem where it is instead of applying blanket laws? Because in reality they don't want to face the root social problems in the cities and spend money fixing them. They'd rather just lock people up and blame guns....because it's cheaper and politically easy.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:57 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Help the poor in his town, perhaps??
If I had only one dollar, and I had to choose between preserving our liberty or giving money to the poor of America (who are living well compared to most of the world), I'll use the money to stop those that would enslave us.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:59 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
If I had only one dollar, and I had to choose between preserving our liberty or giving money to the poor of America (who are living well compared to most of the world), I'll use the money stop those that would enslave us.
Bloomberg is a serious threat to freedom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies