Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 07:11 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Because we're well over thirty-five years into societal regression promulgated by very successful projection of egoistic right-wing perspective, and this year seems to be another year during which the nation will be set yet-again on a more prodigiously steep slope back down into barbarism and callous disregard for others.
No that isn't why but if it makes you feel better about it.

Quote:
So let's fix that without throwing people you don't care about over a cliff or trying to insulate yourself the harm casual ignorance of the most likely impact of what you advocate would bring about.
Those that have routinely lied to us without even batting an eye can not be trusted to fix it.

Quote:
Thanks for making clear that the regard for human beings, which I place in the highest priority, is at best in third place in your "morality".
Putting insurance.companies first and preaching on morals are mutually exclusive.

Quote:
I'm all for that, again, as long as it is cost that we're addressing, not hiding a callous disregard for basic human decency toward those least fortunate in society behind claims of working on "costs". The minute your comments about cost go over the line into marginalization or disrespect for those less fortunate in society, I'll condemn your attempt to claim that you're addressing cost as a smokescreen for practicing the callous disregard that was your base intention. People having access to what is necessary to sustain their health is simply a non-negotiable quality of life for people with moral character. We're not talking about tattoo removal. We're not talking about Lasik surgery. We're talking sustaining health.
Maybe someday someone will actually do that. They haven't so far and no one seems to even have any desire to do it.

Quote:
Yes, I can. The minute there is a proposal in Congress to replace ACA with something that provides all what ACA provides to those less fortunate in society, and at lower cost, I'll support that. If you want to proposal taking unilateral actions on windfall profits of insurance companies, I won't say Word One against that. And no, I don't have to support it either. I have my own perspective about what's important enough to waste time discussing - don't presume to dictate to me what I should consider important versus not. Human beings - that's important, even if you cannot bring yourself to respect such a moral prioritization in the context of this issue.
There is and will continue to be millions and millions uninsured so I take your claims with a grain of salt at best.

Quote:
False. Until you're willing to be honest with yourself about the value of one person, I don't see how you're going to be able to even pretend to acknowledge the value of thousand of people or more.
Many lost their insurance that they were perfectly happy with despite promises to the contrary. Now they are losing their trusted doctors. Rushing people through some assembly line isn't how you take care of people.

Quote:
If you believe that then have something better put in place without that throwing people you don't care about off a cliff.
Said despite not being able to disagree with what I said should have been done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 07:33 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Quote:
Because we're well over thirty-five years into societal regression promulgated by very successful projection of egoistic right-wing perspective, and this year seems to be another year during which the nation will be set yet-again on a more prodigiously steep slope back down into barbarism and callous disregard for others.
No that isn't why but if it makes you feel better about it.
Nonsense. It is the reality of the situation even though it ruins your silly narrative.

Quote:
Those that have routinely lied to us without even batting an eye can not be trusted to fix it.
I'm okay with anyone "fixing" it, as long as they're moral people and "fixing" it in a moral manner. Why the insistence on arguing about things that aren't major sources of conflict? Can it be that you have no valid comments to make concerning the important stuff, so you figure you can save face by fixating on the matter of relatively little dispute?

Quote:
Putting insurance.companies first and preaching on morals are mutually exclusive.
Which is why I advocate ACA on the basis of how it reduces the number of those less fortunate without affordable access to basic healthcare. I'm pretty sure I mentioned that already. I know you're reading my comments, so conveniently forgetting what you read shortly after reading it is a pretty silly way of trying to support your perspective.

Quote:
Maybe someday someone will actually do that.
Like I said, I'd be all for it. I suspect we'll have to see a radical change in the passively obsequious attitude toward corporations in America before we can fully accomplish that goal.

Quote:
There is and will continue to be millions and millions uninsured so I take your claims with a grain of salt at best.
Ah yes: The fallacy that if only a portion of those in need are addressed than no one in need has been addressed. I'm happy enough for you to implicitly acknowledge the failure of your perspective by stooping to engaging is such a ridiculous fallacy to try to have something to say in response to what I wrote.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:58 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post

I'm okay with anyone "fixing" it, as long as they're moral people and "fixing" it in a moral manner. Why the insistence on arguing about things that aren't major sources of conflict? Can it be that you have no valid comments to make concerning the important stuff, so you figure you can save face by fixating on the matter of relatively little dispute?
Again you say this despite me explaining how we need to address the important stuff and you not having a single arguement to the contrary.

Quote:
Which is why I advocate ACA on the basis of how it reduces the number of those less fortunate without affordable access to basic healthcare. I'm pretty sure I mentioned that already. I know you're reading my comments, so conveniently forgetting what you read shortly after reading it is a pretty silly way of trying to support your perspective.
Very few are covered today that werent two years ago.

Quote:
Like I said, I'd be all for it. I suspect we'll have to see a radical change in the passively obsequious attitude toward corporations in America before we can fully accomplish that goal.
That is what Obamacare is. Insurance companies needs come first. It will never change as long as those who claim they want change continue to vote for the status quo.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:50 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
Again you say this despite me explaining how we need to address the important stuff and you not having a single arguement to the contrary.
No, I say that because you expressed a corrupt prioritization, in response to my very substantive argument to the contrary. And now you're embarrassed by having the corruption you expressed preference for repudiated, prompting to start with another ridiculous tirade of vacuous denials.

Quote:
Very few are covered today that werent two years ago.
Wrong. Let us know when you're willing to start admitting the truth.

Quote:
That is what Obamacare is. Insurance companies needs come first.
Wrong. Let us know when you're willing to start admitting the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies