Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Believe The Enrollment Numbers For Obamacare?
Yes 54 31.76%
No We Are Being Lied To 113 66.47%
Other Explain 3 1.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 08:40 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,716,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I don't receive $800 a month from the VA you made that up and are a liar yet again.I work for what I have and get no help from you or your masters I just mailed the IRS $6000For being self employed,yes double SS and medicare the penalty for being self employed as I have no employer to leech the other half of of.Quit posting you are making a fool of yourself
Seven million vets take down $52 billion health benefits per year. Thats pushing $8,000 per year. I apologize if you have never been down to the VA and never used one single benefit and think anyone who would use a benefit from the VA or other sources is a leech.. Someone though pays the $162 billion VA budget and they arent leeches like you think they are. You probably think they are all Republican-Tea Party types that are carrying the load..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 08:59 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,780,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Seven million vets take down $52 billion health benefits per year. Thats pushing $8,000 per year. I apologize if you have never been down to the VA and never used one single benefit and think anyone who would use a benefit from the VA or other sources is a leech.. Someone though pays the $162 billion VA budget and they arent leeches like you think they are. You probably think they are all Republican-Tea Party types that are carrying the load..
Once again. VA benefits are earned. The government just doesn't give them to anyone. The Vet earns it (outside of a dishonorable discharge). Their family members also get the benefits. In event of death of veteran from active duty injury the family members still can continue receiving those benefits.

Someone who serves our country. Even if they don't spent a single day in combat. They still are looking to have to uproot their families multiple times. They have earned their healthcare.

Is the ACA designed around people earning anything?

I think using the VA system as a tax drain in the context of the ACA is not an appropriate comparison to the ACA.

How about the government force every ACA subsidy family do 50 hours of volunteer work a year? Or every Medicaid expansion family do 80 hours of volunteer work a year. That way we can say they earned their benefits like the VA vets.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:01 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,187 times
You should seek mental help,how do you figure I think anyone who uses VA is a leech.and the rest is just blabbering.Get help young person NOW!!

Old 04-20-2014, 09:20 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
You should seek mental help,how do you figure I think anyone who uses VA is a leech.and the rest is just blabbering.Get help young person NOW!!
The part I dont get is his very next posting, he'll support policies which increase leeching.

Its like he's making it up as he goes along.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:24 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,187 times
Maybe he got to drunk and cant read his own notes,seems weird tonite usually his hate is clearcut. Teaparty,scooters,VA Tricare etc poor little guy

Old 04-21-2014, 05:22 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,293,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Here ya go.
The House has voted 54 times in four years on Obamacare. Here’s the full list.

As for the rest of your rightwing diatribe? lotsa alternate reality FOX bs,

This forum is open to the worlds participation Canadians included if you have a problem with that speak to the moderator maybe you can have all people not sharing your viewpoint banned eh!.
PS you obviously know nothing about Canadas healthcare or Canadas covert plan to take over the USA and turn it into a Communist dictatorship....
You call that a "diatribe?" My, how definitions change when liberals are involved. A few short statements of fact become a "diatribe" if liberals don't agree! LOL.

Well, let's look at the link you provided: I note that a lot of these were not votes to "repeal" the law, but votes that withheld funding. I see the words, "prohibited funding" appearing over and over again.

But, who cares? It's a bad law. It should be repealed, and were it not for the Senate being controlled by Democrats, who refuse to even bring such legislation to the floor for debate, it would have been repealed (and if Obama vetoed it, his veto would have been overridden). It is only Democrats keeping it alive, and they will pay a heavy price for shoving it down the throats of Americans.

As for Canadian health care, I couldn't care less what they do. Mark Steyn has discussed the Canadian Health Care system extensively. The Canadian system provides a "window" through which we can view the future of American health care. It doesn't look like anything we want.

Mr. Steyn has reported many times that Canadians who are in critical need and can afford it, come to the U.S. for their treatment, because of the long wait for service in Canada. But, I suppose his perspective, as a Canadian, is flawed?

Lastly, I resent any foreigner, such as yourself, telling me, an American citizen, what is good for me; that I should be willing to accept (and like) such an inferior system, because that is the way of the future. God help us, if that is so.

And, by the way, where did I cite anything from Fox? I didn't. Even if I had, so what? You are believing most everything from the Democrat controlled sources funded by Soros and others. But, I suppose that doesn't represent bias to you?

Old 04-21-2014, 05:36 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,293,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
I believe the numbers. It kind of similar to a company C.E.O. creating a new policy that will fire 800 employees, hire 700 back, and then claim that he/she created new jobs...
Can you give us examples of any company that has done that? Or are you just making things up (as I suspect).

Do you have any idea what the job of a CEO is?

Old 04-21-2014, 06:37 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,966,236 times
Quote:
Very few Tea Party types have any concept of buying insurance on the open market. Why is that? The average Tea Partier is covered by Medicare, Tricare, VA, Medicaid or a decent private plan. The Tea Party can continue to babble on about cancelled plans, high premiums, etc...but they dont have a clue. The goal of the Tea Party is to grab the ACA and hold it under water and drown it. They dont care who they hurt.
Do you have any facts to back up your wild accusation? I'll wait.

In the meantime, I'd like to know how those folks have decent private plans? A job? Because they are self employed and found it themselves?

The goal of the left is to force this country into single payer. They don't care that the ones they are hurting are the middle class.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:41 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,966,236 times
Quote:
He implied by not saying anything about the people picking up the tab for his $800 a month VA that he wasnt opposed to the people who are picking up the tab for getting a break on their taxes. Why should the people working get screwed and have to pick up the very heavy tab for Medicare, Tricare, and VA?? and get nothing in return.. Can a Tea Partier answer that..or is it wealth transfer from the young to the old..Is that what the Tea Party is about?
Get nothing in return for picking up VA? You're seriously asking that question?

We got a soldier that was willing to die for his country, to protect the freedoms that you enjoy.

The left defends welfare, SNAP and Section 8 housing, for people that have NEVER sacrificed for the greater good. But they hate the ones that truly have.

You're right - it is a heavy tab. But doesn't even come close to paying back what they have given us.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:46 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,206,347 times
If you do not believe the numbers start watching and reading the Finanicials. Healthcare Co. doing quite well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies