Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Believe The Enrollment Numbers For Obamacare?
Yes 54 31.76%
No We Are Being Lied To 113 66.47%
Other Explain 3 1.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 06:48 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,711,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You call that a "diatribe?" My, how definitions change when liberals are involved. A few short statements of fact become a "diatribe" if liberals don't agree! LOL.

Well, let's look at the link you provided: I note that a lot of these were not votes to "repeal" the law, but votes that withheld funding. I see the words, "prohibited funding" appearing over and over again.

But, who cares? It's a bad law. It should be repealed, and were it not for the Senate being controlled by Democrats, who refuse to even bring such legislation to the floor for debate, it would have been repealed (and if Obama vetoed it, his veto would have been overridden). It is only Democrats keeping it alive, and they will pay a heavy price for shoving it down the throats of Americans.

As for Canadian health care, I couldn't care less what they do. Mark Steyn has discussed the Canadian Health Care system extensively. The Canadian system provides a "window" through which we can view the future of American health care. It doesn't look like anything we want.

Mr. Steyn has reported many times that Canadians who are in critical need and can afford it, come to the U.S. for their treatment, because of the long wait for service in Canada. But, I suppose his perspective, as a Canadian, is flawed?

Lastly, I resent any foreigner, such as yourself, telling me, an American citizen, what is good for me; that I should be willing to accept (and like) such an inferior system, because that is the way of the future. God help us, if that is so.

And, by the way, where did I cite anything from Fox? I didn't. Even if I had, so what? You are believing most everything from the Democrat controlled sources funded by Soros and others. But, I suppose that doesn't represent bias to you?

I have a Canadian friend who had to go to Mexico for surgery last month. She was approved for surgery, but the wait time in Canada was more than 1 1/2 years, so she decided to fly to Mexico to have her surgery. Her husband had surgery in Mexico a few years ago for the same reason.

I can't imagine going to Mexico for surgery, but when you have to wait more than a year for surgery, I guess you could feel like you have no other choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 07:23 AM

9,804 posts, read 7,615,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post

Let's be frank, most of the health care policies that were canceled were akin to what you get from paying $50 a month from having a full time job at a basic retail employer. Yeah, it's health coverage, but if you ever have to use it you'll end up paying for almost everything out of pocket and you'll find out very quickly just how limited that cheap coverage is. They were garbage plans.
Absolutely NOT TRUE. You are just repeating political propaganda. Many of us are losing very good health insurance policies that we wanted to keep.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:27 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,445,085 times
Nearly 65%, feel America is being lied to by our too powerful, government.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:40 AM

58,725 posts, read 26,998,537 times
I am NOT surprised many liberals with sop up anything Obama says. he cites numbers with not 1 reference as to where he got the numbers from or how "his" numbers were derived at.

I just heard where Obama is now counting children of parents who "enrolled" as NEW enrollees.

"GARDNER: But the entire system is 60 to 70 percent away from being complete. CHAO: There's the back office systems, the accounting systems, the payment systems...they still need to be done."
CMS Official: We Still Haven't Built '30 to 40 Percent' of Obamacare's Web Apparatus, Including Payment Systems - Guy Benson

I know this was from a hearing in Nov. 2013. Make no mistake IF the system HAS been completed, Obama would be all over the TV bragging about how it 1s NOW completed.

So, let me ask you, If the system is NOT completed, where did he get the numbers from?

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, etc."

Old 04-21-2014, 08:43 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,946,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Can you give us examples of any company that has done that? Or are you just making things up (as I suspect).

Do you have any idea what the job of a CEO is?
A company recently announced they were moving engineers from Washington, to California, and liberals on this forum were high 5ng the new jobs being created..

Yeah, liberals, never afraid to open up their mouth and embarass themself to provide me with humor.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:46 AM

10,818 posts, read 14,888,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Do You Believe The Enrollment Numbers For Obamacare?
If you enrolled and haven't paid the premiums do you have insurance?

Whoops! Half of Georgia’s Insurance Enrollees Haven’t Paid Yet.

Old 11-20-2014, 12:42 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,977,478 times
Default Lies, and the Lying Leftist Liars Who Tell Them

Surprise - more lies from the Liar in Chief.

O-care enrollment data got a boost from dental plans
“The Obama administration included as many as 400,000 dental plans in a number it reported for enrollments under the Affordable Care Act, an unpublicized detail that helped surpass a goal for 7 million sign-ups,” Bloomberg reports.

“Without the dental plans, the federal government would have had 6.97 million people with medical insurance under the law known as Obamacare, investigators for the House Oversight and Government Reform committee calculated, using data they obtained from the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.”

“Federal officials said in September they had 7.3 million people enrolled in coverage through new government-run insurance exchanges. They didn’t distinguish between medical and dental plans, breaking from previous practice without notice.”

Old 11-20-2014, 12:55 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,632,392 times
LOL, 54 Grubers voted yes.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:27 PM

7,440 posts, read 5,704,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Surprise - more lies from the Liar in Chief.

O-care enrollment data got a boost from dental plans
“The Obama administration included as many as 400,000 dental plans in a number it reported for enrollments under the Affordable Care Act, an unpublicized detail that helped surpass a goal for 7 million sign-ups,” Bloomberg reports.

“Without the dental plans, the federal government would have had 6.97 million people with medical insurance under the law known as Obamacare, investigators for the House Oversight and Government Reform committee calculated, using data they obtained from the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.”

“Federal officials said in September they had 7.3 million people enrolled in coverage through new government-run insurance exchanges. They didn’t distinguish between medical and dental plans, breaking from previous practice without notice.”
How in the hell do liberals sleep at night? Seriously WTH.. Everything that comes out of their mouths is a lie or a deception.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:49 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,769,104 times
Sadly the real enrollment numbers that matter are the number of "newly insured" previously uninsured for more than 12 months who are now paying full price or with subsidies in the exchanges.

To date. No agency has bothered reporting that key number. It's all smoke and mirrors. Because the matter of it is that most of the enrolled on the exchanges were already previously insured.

How hard is it to make a mandatory checkbox asking a yes or no question "have you been uninsured for more than 12 months" check box.

To me that would be the most transparent way to see if the exchanges are working. You know. Affordability. Moving people from the sidelines to the exchanges with or without subsides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies