Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 03:38 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
No; you gripe about gas being high. Then you delay pipeline that will ship it far cheaper and safer than train. You want your cake and to eat it too;plain and simple. If left to Obama you would have been sitting in lines at stations long ago. and paying 14.00 a unit for natural gas instead of less then 4 dollars. No wander the economy is bad with people thinking like you.
Show me where I complain about gas prices.
Show me where gas prices have ANYTHING to do with Canadian tar sands.
Show me that you have the faintest notion of what you're attempting to talk about.
No wonder this country is bad with people NOT thinking like you.

In 1 sentence alone, you talk about lines at gas stations and nat gas units.

To borrow one of your terms, things have been "left to Obama", we have some of the highest oil and gas production ever.

Come back when you get a clue. Good luck with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 03:42 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I predict he WILL make a decision. Somewhere around.........late September.........maybe early October. After summer so people are paying attention, and with enough time for the news to digest among the unwashed masses, and for those scrambling to hang on to their seats to star in local vote-for-me-me-me commercials prior to the mid-terms.

Or not.
The article says he'll wait until after the elections.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:51 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Oh no....

You mean the rush to get tar sands to Asia isn't happening fast enough for you?

All those 'jobs' not being filled?

TransCanada might lose some money?

Whatever will we do?
The oil is being shipped now by rail, a very dangerous way to transport it. A derailment can wipe out blocks and kill many people. But since Obama's pal, Warren Buffet, owns the railroad ... well, you figure it out, if you can.

In the past, Obama has talked about energy independence. Apparently, he doesn't mean it.

We will never not have a need for oil, and lots of it. Oil fuels our industries, and is the base from which we get products including fibers, plastics, and many, many products that we use every day. There is no substitute for oil.

Old 04-18-2014, 04:04 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,069,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The article says he'll wait until after the elections.
Funny, I was just hearing that on Fox News at the same time I was reading your post. So much for MY predictions, eh?

Old 04-18-2014, 04:12 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Obama is not dithering!

He is intentuionally delaying the decision to save legislators in 2014.

He is employing a standard regulatory agency legal tactic where perpetual pending lawsuits without merit are won by spending endless taxpayer money to outspend defendants finite cash flow.

Obama is not dithering here, though that aptly describes his two terms in office.

Old 04-18-2014, 04:13 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The oil is being shipped now by rail, a very dangerous way to transport it. A derailment can wipe out blocks and kill many people. But since Obama's pal, Warren Buffet, owns the railroad ... well, you figure it out, if you can.

In the past, Obama has talked about energy independence. Apparently, he doesn't mean it.

We will never not have a need for oil, and lots of it. Oil fuels our industries, and is the base from which we get products including fibers, plastics, and many, many products that we use every day. There is no substitute for oil.
So, for you, "energy independence" means depending on a foreign country for oil?

Old 04-18-2014, 04:15 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Oh no....

You mean the rush to get tar sands to Asia isn't happening fast enough for you?

All those 'jobs' not being filled?

TransCanada might lose some money?

Whatever will we do?
Good points.

Quote:
The point is MAKE A DECISION.
That's a good point, too.

It shows what a POS Obama really is.

Quote:
All this bluster to protect a Canadian company's profits. Shame. TransCanada thanks you.
It's just like Enron in every way, shape and form.

Enron sunk all that money into building natural gas processing plants in Pakistan and India.....all hinging on completing the CentGas Pipeline through Afghanistan -- Enron had tied up money with Haliburton and another energy service company to form a company to build and maintain the pipeline.

Clinton couldn't get the Taliban to go for it, due to the fact that the Chinese/Brasilian deal shared profits 50-50.

Enron starting cooking its books to hide its losses and everyone knows the rest of the story.

It smells like TransCanada has done the same....bet the farm on getting the pipeline, and they've sunk money into facilities in Asia and they're now a financial disaster waiting to implode.

People with investments in TransCanada should seriously considering dumping them.

For the morons.....this Keystone Pipeline will not lower gasoline prices in the US...not even 1 penny.....but it will increase gasoline prices.

For those who don't get it....start cracking the chemistry books....

Mircea

Old 04-18-2014, 04:25 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
The point is MAKE A DECISION.
He is making a decision.

He doesn't want it, and he believes it's to the advantage of his agenda to delay it than to expend the effort right now to outright kill it.

It's just not the decision you want.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:36 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
[youtube]
=ma1gwZYw1cY[youtube]

Old 04-18-2014, 05:45 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Who needs all those blue collar jobs anyway?

White collar professional or service jobs to serve us white collar types is all the US needs .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies