Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 12:14 PM

579 posts, read 759,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Seriously, why does someone feel to need to announce who they are?
Agreed.

I'm siding with the Muslims here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 12:17 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
All of them should be fired. I'll follow this issue and send emails out where need be.

You gotta love how the RWNJs think they know everything about how liberals work. lol. I judge this discrimination the same way I judge all discrimination.
So you think someone should lose their job based on their religious convictions or their conscience in this country? Hmmmm, interesting lawsuit.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:19 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,731,281 times
Quote:
I'd be willing to bet that the liberals will gave them a free pass, but heaven help the baker who refuses to bake a cake for a gay couple.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roughly 25 Muslim drivers dispatched to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport are refusing to drive cabs adorned with advertising for the region’s upcoming Gay Games, citing religious reasons.

Two of the three companies operating at Ohio's largest airport were informed by the drivers — one-third of the airport’s total fleet — last week that they will no longer participate in the airport’s dedicated taxicab program. The companies, Ace and Yellow Taxi Cab, were told by the drivers that their decision was based on religious reasons, airport spokeswoman Jacqueline Mayo told FoxNews.com.

Ann Gynn, a spokeswoman for the Gay Games, said she believes the protest is an “isolated” case and not indicative of the beliefs held by most residents in Cleveland and Akron, where the Gay Games will be held on Aug. 9-16.

Muslim drivers at Cleveland airport refuse to drive cabs with Gay Games advertising | Fox News
The Somalis (Muslims) here in the Twin Cities led the fight against the Gay Marriage initiative. Lot's of confused looks among the local Progressives, who've been their biggest fans. Still, they gave them a free pass, no boycotts or attacks on their religious beliefs.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Sure, but they are refusing to do their job. That's grounds for termination.
The N.A.Z.I.'s did not get the same consideration at the Nuremberg Trials. They were just following orders after all. Try to get some consistent principles.

To ask someone to follow orders because they're orders is not a moral justification to obey. As the aftermath of WWII should have taught us. You're asking these people to turn a blind eye to something that is met with the death penalty in a lot of their country's and ignore the advertising of something that has been considered gravely immoral and depraved by all civilized societies for millennia.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
The Somalis (Muslims) here in the Twin Cities led the fight against the Gay Marriage initiative. Lot's of confused looks among the local Progressives, who've been their biggest fans. Still, they gave them a free pass, no boycotts or attacks on their religious beliefs.
The liberals don't get it. If the Muslims ever reach a point of critical mass in this country through conversions or immigration where they can begin to effect laws and have real power in parts of this nation then the liberals will be the very first ones to be relieved of their heads.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:37 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,731,281 times
Quote:
I'd be willing to bet that the liberals will gave them a free pass, but heaven help the baker who refuses to bake a cake for a gay couple.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roughly 25 Muslim drivers dispatched to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport are refusing to drive cabs adorned with advertising for the region’s upcoming Gay Games, citing religious reasons.

Two of the three companies operating at Ohio's largest airport were informed by the drivers — one-third of the airport’s total fleet — last week that they will no longer participate in the airport’s dedicated taxicab program. The companies, Ace and Yellow Taxi Cab, were told by the drivers that their decision was based on religious reasons, airport spokeswoman Jacqueline Mayo told FoxNews.com.

Ann Gynn, a spokeswoman for the Gay Games, said she believes the protest is an “isolated” case and not indicative of the beliefs held by most residents in Cleveland and Akron, where the Gay Games will be held on Aug. 9-16.

Muslim drivers at Cleveland airport refuse to drive cabs with Gay Games advertising | Fox News
The Somalis (Muslims) here in the Twin Cities have pretty much taken over the taxi & limo industry's. Once they took control of the airport taxi's they started refusing to take fares who were carrying duty-free bottles of alcohol. After refusing over 5,400 fares they were finally ordered to accept all passengers.

Also refusing females who have exposed arms or legs.

Also refusing calls if someone is going to or from a liquor store.

Also refusing transgender riders.

Also kicking gays out mid-ride for minor shows of affection.

The Somalis proposed a two tiered system where one line would be for people carrying alcohol & the other for everyone else. THANKFULLY the airport, city, etc said no and have instead implemented a 30 day suspension for 1st time offenders & 2 year suspension for 2nd time offenders. For now at least.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:50 PM

52,000 posts, read 52,442,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
The Somalis (Muslims) here in the Twin Cities have pretty much taken over the taxi & limo industry's. Once they took control of the airport taxi's they started refusing to take fares who were carrying duty-free bottles of alcohol. After refusing over 5,400 fares they were finally ordered to accept all passengers.

Also refusing females who have exposed arms or legs.

Also refusing calls if someone is going to or from a liquor store.

Also refusing transgender riders.

Also kicking gays out mid-ride for minor shows of affection.

The Somalis proposed a two tiered system where one line would be for people carrying alcohol & the other for everyone else. THANKFULLY the airport, city, etc said no and have instead implemented a 30 day suspension for 1st time offenders & 2 year suspension for 2nd time offenders. For now at least.
I think people should be able to do what they want, assuming it's legal of course. I don't want to be judged because I was getting my drunk on and wanted a ride via a cab.

I don't care of this comes from Muslims or extreme Christians it's the same crap as far as I'm concerned.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:52 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,453,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
The N.A.Z.I.'s did not get the same consideration at the Nuremberg Trials. They were just following orders after all. Try to get some consistent principles.

To ask someone to follow orders because they're orders is not a moral justification to obey. As the aftermath of WWII should have taught us. You're asking these people to turn a blind eye to something that is met with the death penalty in a lot of their country's and ignore the advertising of something that has been considered gravely immoral and depraved by all civilized societies for millennia.
Guess I can get a job at KFC and announce that I'm a vegetarian who believes serving chicken is immoral? And expect to keep getting paid?

The absurdity of people who misuse analogies knows no limits.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:54 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,453,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
The liberals don't get it. If the Muslims ever reach a point of critical mass in this country through conversions or immigration where they can begin to effect laws and have real power in parts of this nation then the liberals will be the very first ones to be relieved of their heads.
Is the 97% Muslim population of Turkey not quite at critical mass?

Seriously, in 1928 and 1960 some crazies also said electing a Roman Catholic president would mean rule by the Pope. There's always some minority available to serve as national whipping boy.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:58 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,705,556 times
they should be required to have gay bobble heads on the dash when driving..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies