Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 04:43 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Texas women are beautiful. I meant if Texas was joing a country I'd rather join Sweden then join those Russian women.
LOL Okay, you're forgiven!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I hear they can be mean, Worse than Hillary
This statement does say much, since most think Democrats are the party of NICE!

I hear Bill thought she held a tight chain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 05:06 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise TibetanMonkey View Post
The greatest way to manipulate politics is to use the greatest and clueless bloc of voters to their advantage: THE ELDERLY.

They get the lion's share of everything, including Medicare (socialized medicine) and freebies of all kinds. Free turkey, for example. Eventually there are not going to be enough workers to sustain that many retirees and some kind of revolution must take place.
Actually, I'm listening to people who at one time thought welfare was the worst thing invented. Now that they're over 85 they think, young people need a break and are asked to do to much to get ahead in life.

Wonder where this nation would be if this was the thought when their children were growing up. Or their parents......

Minds do seem to keep changing about people sitting around doing nothing.......

Old 04-19-2014, 05:33 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Texas keeps promising secession but it never happens.
No one promises Secession. We're still waiting on Obama to EO is out of the Union.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:12 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Too bad those poor Boratpeople got suckered into giving up their nukes.....look what happened.

Texas will be a foreign-like country in 10-15 years.......well, at least to people who don't speak Mexican.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:39 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Settle the place with your people, seek independence and then quickly annexation. It works every time.

Crimea and Texas: Russia's Version of Manifest Destiny (Reforma, Mexico)

It should be noted that we don't know yet if Ukraine wants to be independent of Russia
There is some truth to that comparison. With the number of criminal aliens welcomed into this country with open arms, at some point they could well vote for Texas or CA to become part of Mexico.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:18 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Its as likely that this will be Russia's Afghanistan. (again)

Old 04-19-2014, 09:29 PM

663 posts, read 503,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Too bad those poor Boratpeople got suckered into giving up their nukes.....look what happened.

Texas will be a foreign-like country in 10-15 years.......well, at least to people who don't speak Mexican.
I'm afraid the Borat people know how to live life better than Texans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPifTLOv-Kw

Or anywhere in the country --except perhaps for NYC. But the Big Apple is the opposite of Texas in every aspect, particularly guns and social life. Some people say New York is a European city.

By the way, Odessa is being contested but either way they'll have a good life.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:47 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times
Quote:
I'm afraid the Borat people know how to live life better than Texans...
By the way, Odessa is being contested but either way they'll have a good life.
Odessa is one of my favorite city. I have relatives there and I've been to Odessa a few times.
But what is Borat people?

Old 04-19-2014, 10:12 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Settle the place with your people, seek independence and then quickly annexation. It works every time.

Crimea and Texas: Russia's Version of Manifest Destiny (Reforma, Mexico)

It should be noted that we don't know yet if Ukraine wants to be independent of Russia
Guatemala also kicked Mexico out but Mexico doesn't have any interest in wanting that land back. Too; if Mexico has LOST its war with Spain around 1821, hell Spain might've sold ALL of what became Mexico to us like France did with the Louisiana Purchase 200 years ago.

What you are talking about has happened in many places like Poland, Germany, France, and even Tibet.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:14 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
There is some truth to that comparison. With the number of criminal aliens welcomed into this country with open arms, at some point they could well vote for Texas or CA to become part of Mexico.
If Mexico was still making lots of babies; I'd agree. Mexico's pop is getting OLD since less and less kids are being born there every year per 100 people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies