Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 11:46 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
which is evidence of another, more insidious fraud that few recognize.
The recognition that at least one Republican-appointed SCOTUS justice isn't completely beholden to partisan obedience.

The horror!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 11:53 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
The recognition that at least one Republican-appointed SCOTUS justice isn't completely beholden to partisan obedience.

The horror!
The Supreme Court and numerous federal courts have made very little difference beween penalties, and taxes..

In fact the ONLY reason ACA was allowed to stand is because they ruled it a tax...

Hence our new challenge going back tot he Supreme Court on the process being violated in passing the ACA TAX

Old 04-21-2014, 12:27 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,783,818 times
Quote:
You clearly aren't reading what you're replying to... Forgive me but in light of the fact that you're not replying to what I'm writing with integrity, I don't trust the motivations of your question. It seems instead like you're intent on not actually learning anything from me, and instead just looking to waste my time and deflect attention away from what we're talking about by going around in circles questioning basic words and phrases that the vast majority of people engaging the discussion with integrity would understand and accept without equivocation. As a partisan already well-established as holding a perspective which I find immoral, I don't see much logic in pandering to your puerile rhetorical tactics.

How about this: Try making your own comments without trying to make it seem like you have something worthwhile to say in response to my comments.
Why am I wasting your time.

We all know your angle. Yet we don't know really your angle.

You talk about providing the very essentials for less fortunate. That it's ok if people need to give up luxuries because we need to advance as a society. Because people giving up luxuries won't harm them so much it helps the less fortunate.

Yet you never define who the less fortunate are? You never define what a luxury is.

The only time I can remember you even half way talking about parameters was when I mentioned is someone making $90K a year "less fortunate" and be afforded subsidize care. You just mention 90K in New York City is a lot different than 90K in a cheaper city.

There is absolutely no tactics in my discussion. It's two simple questions. What is luxury? Who are the most vulnerable in society?

I mentioned back pain as a disability. Because back pain is one of the main excuses people use to file disability (aka one of those who you would say are "vulnerable in society"). Yet there are many able to working people who still continue to work with back pain. And there are those who have just given up and find it better just to file disability rather than search for jobs that are less taxing.

So are those people the most vulnerable in society? Lack of motivation counts in your book as most vulnerable?

I keep having to ask you these questions because I feel like you don't even know the answer yourself. Is it moral for people to just lie because they are too lazy to go find a job that's less taxing on their body? Because you talk about mortality a lot. Yet you seem to approve of many immoral things.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:54 PM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
Quote:
Forgive me but in light of the fact that you're not replying to what I'm writing with integrity, I don't trust the motivations of your question. It seems instead like you're intent on not actually learning anything from me
Why am I wasting your time.
Do you regularly ignore what people write yet still reply to their messages, anyway, as you did, again, in this case?

Quote:
There is absolutely no tactics in my discussion.
Bull. I write an explanation, and you reply to it as if you didn't even read what I wrote. Twice now I've caught you playing this inane game.

Quote:
I keep having to ask you these questions because I feel like you don't even know the answer yourself.
Again: Bull. You keep asking questions you've received replies to presumably because you don't like the fact that the answers you get don't placate your petulant desire to have only your own perspective posted.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:56 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
To hell with the free market. The free market should not dictate who lives and who dies. Everyone has the right to life, which is even consistent with our "illustrious" Founding Fathers..
And mindless, faceless,unelected bureaucrats should?

What all of this hostility toward the free market what has improved everything it touches from cars, to cell phones, to computers, and yes healthcare..Their is nothing in it that dictates who lives and who dies that would be the list of choices we make a daily basis..

You are right everyone has the right to life...You do not have ever have the right to the property or labor of any person..See the 13th Amendment.

Old 04-21-2014, 01:02 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
But it is remarkably flattering that the poster is so enamored with me to spend so much effort spewing inanely impertinent queries my way, especially given the blanket disrespect that I consistently grant that user's inane posting detritus.

Why dont you just answer are questions

What is your definitions of luxury?

By the way bUU, What do you do for a living?

How much do you earn?

How many do you pay in taxes?

Where do you send your kids to school if you have any?

What car do you drive? How much did that cost you?

What cell phone do you have? How much did that cost you?

What part of town do you live on? How much does that cost you?

Everyone feel free to ask bUU those questions, I have asked him and he does not seem willing to share this information...He loves to call everyone else greedy, yet we have no idea how much he earns, how much he pays in taxes, how he elevated his own personal comfort and luxury over the basic needs of others..How greedy of bUU, is it not?

Why always dodge and avoid these basic questions?...I mean you can answer fact based questions, right?

Old 04-21-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
You are right everyone has the right to life...You do not have ever have the right to the property or labor of any person..See the 13th Amendment.
Correct, which leads to only one final constitutional solution which is government owned hospitals, like they own the police and fire..

Old 04-21-2014, 01:34 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
To hell with the free market. The free market should not dictate who lives and who dies. Everyone has the right to life, which is even consistent with our "illustrious" Founding Fathers.
The right to life and the privilege of health care are two completely different things. The former is a negative right, meaning it requires nothing from anyone around you to exercise the right, while the latter is what is considered a "positive" right because it requires action from someone else for you to exercise.

In short, health care requires a health care provider, as in a doctor, for you to enjoy your "right" to health care. If you cannot pay for their service at the price they demand, this "right" further obligates them and those around you by being forced into paying bills you will not or cannot.
Quote:
None of that is more important than health care.
Thought exercise 1 - what happens in places where there aren't any doctors? Is health care still a "right" in such places? If so, how would one exercise that right in the absence of the health care provider?

Thought exercise 2 - what about the person who does not have insurance, refuses to get insurance, has no money, but still demands health care. Do they have the right to someone else's goods and services without compensation of any sort?

Thought exercise 3 - what if the nearest provider to you doesn't feel like being a health care provider today? Do you still have the right to their services, even if they don't feel like working that day?

I could go on forever, but the point is, how can someone else's labor be yours by right? How does that work in any notion of a free society?

Old 04-21-2014, 01:37 PM
bUU

The right isn't to a specific person's labor, but rather the right is with regard to society's obligations to furnish these things through its actions. Society should be not able to force people to perform services, but rather should be expected to put in place structures and laws that motivate the results it is obligated to bring about.

Old 04-21-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
The right isn't to a specific person's labor, but rather the right is with regard to society's obligations to furnish these things through its actions. Society should be not able to force people to perform services, but rather should be expected to put in place structures and laws that motivate the results it is obligated to bring about.
And how does ACA address this considering 30 million will still go without insurance but still show up at the ER seeking care without the ability to pay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies