Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 02:27 PM

746 posts, read 838,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
I ask the list drafters to please consider re-naming it to "Current Black People I Admire" or something like that. If one is not a spear carrier than one should not be voting on who is the chief.

And, by the way, Clarence Thomas has had his membership card as a black American revoked.

The militants have enterd the board as usual saying the same silly statements as to who is black and who isn't black based on superficial at best accusations.

If you all were a person on speak and spell it would say something like this

"The black militant says, He's not black enough if he's born rich, He's not black enough if he has conservative leanings, He's not black enough if he was not born in the ghetto, He's not black enough unless he follows group thought, He's not black enough if he does not see white racism around every corner, He's not black enough if he's happy with who he is and not wasting away in a pool of self loathing".....

Militants get it together you're more destructive to blacks than any racist white could ever imagine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
Someone please explain to me why Bill Clinton's philandering, cheating, and dishonesty makes him "black"; and please explain to me why it's funny--and "true".

That's the self-hating militant black for you. Holding up a man with no morals and calling him black!! Does not surprise me one bit.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:30 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,436,657 times
Believe me, you don't know what a black militant is. You were just talking about your SAT score.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:33 PM

Oh right and i guess you're going to tell me what and who i know and how the black experience really is...and how even though i'm black i do not know what it is like right?

Old 12-13-2007, 03:03 PM

8,438 posts, read 12,116,280 times
Just don't lecture me on who the premier 'black militants are!

Old 12-13-2007, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post

I would encourage you to create a better list.

You want a better list how about this my militant friend. I'll create my opinion of the All-Time Greatest black leadership list. Again my opinion.

1.Booker T. Washington (Politics)
2.Nannie Helen Boroughs (Politics)
3.Frederick Douglas (Politics)
4.Sojourner Truth (Politics)
5. AG Gaston (Business)
6. Madme CJ Walker (Business)
7. Bob Johnson/Reginald Lewis (Finance)
8. Martin Luther King Jr (Politics)
9. Mary McLeod Buthuen (Education)
10.Colin Powell (Politics)

I'll stop at 10....

Old 12-13-2007, 04:14 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,526,621 times
Gotta admit; the kid knows his stuff.

I would throw in Shirley Chisholm and Barbara Jordan as 20th century Black women who did great things for our culture, in spite of what they endured.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
"I vote based on my checkbook and frankly have no moral obligation to look out for my follow man before my family. If i choose to look out for my fellow man that's my choice not something that is expected or a law!"

It's good that you live in America then. In many other countries, a person with your attitude would be strung up or run out of town by the villagers.

Reallly? And what Marxist/Leninists utopian communist village is this?

Old 12-14-2007, 01:41 AM

You've got some reading to do. Yes, you'd be run out of town in small-town South America, Asia, Africa, I'll stop there. No sense of common cause with your own neighbors and community, and you go about exploiting your neighbors economically, they will eventually run you out of town.

No mention of Ida B. Wells. No mention of Robert Church of Memphis, the first black millionaire in the South.

Old 12-14-2007, 01:50 AM

Why are you mistakenly referring to me as a 'militant'? It's bogus? I am not "a person using violence or force of arms to further a political agenda," so you are abusing the word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies