Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 09:44 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

I don't think it's funny a cop shot himself. They do not have an easy job. Dogs after em.......... every time they walk up on a car some clown might pull a gun on em. I can't give the old "one for the good guys" here. Makes no sense. I don't like cops either but cmon folks. I was a cop I'd shoot a dog coming after me too. Hopefully not my leg........lol. Those folks if they love their dog should consider themselves lucky and have it constrained. That is why he even shot in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Agreed.

I feel sorry for the people in that community who call the police only to have this retard show up.

And don't you worry about that cop.

He'll find a sleazy a slip and fall lawyer to make sure he never has to worry about money again.
Who will he sue and for what?

Old 04-20-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
IMO...he did not know how to read the dog's demeanor.

The dog went toward him barking......the dog was telling him to stop.

The dog was doing his/her job.

The cop likely just saw a pit bull.

If that dog scared him.....he need another assignment.
BS............I get a call to go to a house and a dog is in my way and people may be in jeopardy I shoot the mutt. Sorry mutt lovers.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:07 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Please feel free to DM me when you post stats that show pit bulls are not exceptionally dangerous.
How Pit Bulls Got Singled Out as Dangerous Dogs - PawNation

Of course, there's no hard evidence to support the idea that Pit bulls are naturally more aggressive or dangerous than other breeds. Myths about their super-powerful bite force and dangerous "locking jaws" are likewise utterly fabricated. Pit bulls don't even have jaw strength as powerful as other breeds like Mastiffs, whose jaws clamp down with much greater force, but somehow haven't cursed them with an image as killer dogs. The real facts show that Pit bulls are actually docile compared to other dogs. A study of dog breeds was conducted to gauge temperament by measuring skittishness, aggression and ability to differentiate between threatening and non-threatening humans. The results showed what Pit bull lovers of the past knew: the "nanny breed" was among the friendliest and least aggressive. Aggressive Pit bulls are almost always the products of abuse, neglect or both. It is irresponsible breeders and owners who are to blame for the breed's negative image.

In a way, since the Pit bull's negative reputation is essentially an invention, it exists as a cultural meme, a persistent urban legend. Other breeds have trended similarly in the past. Rottweilers and Doberman Pinschers to some degree still deal with this. In the 19th century, it was Bloodhounds who were considered inherently dangerous. If that seems absurd to us now, it's because the idea then was based on the same lies that haunt Pit bulls today. It's gotten so bad that when dog attacks happen, the media will often identify the breed as a Pit bull even when it's not the case. And when Pit bulls do attack, it is often much more widely reported than similar attacks caused by other breeds.

Seriously, people have been afraid of BLOODHOUNDS! I remember when Dobermans and German Shepherds were the dogs to fear and now it's the Pit Bull.

I've been around dogs my whole life and as a general rule it's people who have taught the dog everything it knows.........bad or good!

Old 04-20-2014, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
BS............I get a call to go to a house and a dog is in my way and people may be in jeopardy I shoot the mutt. Sorry mutt lovers.
When a person is serving an eviction notice, wouldn't they expect loose dogs and children. What if this cop had shot a child?

Old 04-20-2014, 10:12 PM

This aint swat team action. Dog came after this guy and he tried to pull his gun and shot himself. It is funny but if you have a loose dog and a cop shoots it who's fault is it? Not the dog and not the cop. Nobody shot a kid. Nice strawman though.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
How Pit Bulls Got Singled Out as Dangerous Dogs - PawNation

Of course, there's no hard evidence to support the idea that Pit bulls are naturally more aggressive or dangerous than other breeds. Myths about their super-powerful bite force and dangerous "locking jaws" are likewise utterly fabricated. Pit bulls don't even have jaw strength as powerful as other breeds like Mastiffs, whose jaws clamp down with much greater force, but somehow haven't cursed them with an image as killer dogs. The real facts show that Pit bulls are actually docile compared to other dogs. A study of dog breeds was conducted to gauge temperament by measuring skittishness, aggression and ability to differentiate between threatening and non-threatening humans. The results showed what Pit bull lovers of the past knew: the "nanny breed" was among the friendliest and least aggressive. Aggressive Pit bulls are almost always the products of abuse, neglect or both. It is irresponsible breeders and owners who are to blame for the breed's negative image.

In a way, since the Pit bull's negative reputation is essentially an invention, it exists as a cultural meme, a persistent urban legend. Other breeds have trended similarly in the past. Rottweilers and Doberman Pinschers to some degree still deal with this. In the 19th century, it was Bloodhounds who were considered inherently dangerous. If that seems absurd to us now, it's because the idea then was based on the same lies that haunt Pit bulls today. It's gotten so bad that when dog attacks happen, the media will often identify the breed as a Pit bull even when it's not the case. And when Pit bulls do attack, it is often much more widely reported than similar attacks caused by other breeds.

Seriously, people have been afraid of BLOODHOUNDS! I remember when Dobermans and German Shepherds were the dogs to fear and now it's the Pit Bull.

I've been around dogs my whole life and as a general rule it's people who have taught the dog everything it knows.........bad or good!
Thing is how is an officer supposed to know who taught who what when a pit is coming at em? See the difference? I'm a cop and a terrier comes at me I'll shoot that little ****.

Old 04-20-2014, 11:12 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25
I don't think it's funny a cop shot himself. They do not have an easy job.
Well why do they think they have a right TO COMMIT MURDER!!

Cops are way outta control....... THEY DESERVE WHATEVER THEY GET FOR THIER EVILNESS!!!!! (Most cops are out of control these days)

Old 04-20-2014, 11:22 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
You better learn to use a phone and a camera, pardner.

Elsewise, you could land yourself in whole heap of trouble.

You seem to be a bit half-cocked.

Old 04-20-2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Thing is how is an officer supposed to know who taught who what when a pit is coming at em? See the difference? I'm a cop and a terrier comes at me I'll shoot that little ****.
I'd like to see what the cop meant by coming at him.........I think most people are afraid of dogs and dogs sense it as soon as a person enters their turf. I've been able to enter property most people are afraid of due to the persons dog. Dogs just don't scare me, I've been dealing with them too long.

Right out of high school my job was humane society work and working for veterinarians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies