Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 07:54 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Was he severing an eviction notice???
It doesn't matter IMO. A dog runs at me and I'm a cop I'm gonna shoot the thing. All this well I walk into houses and dogs never bite me is just all BS. Hey I do the same thing. Restrain your animal. All these folks who talk about how gentle and adorable their pits are make me laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 07:54 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Was he severing an eviction notice???
The article isn't particularly clear on if he was serving the eviction notice to that house or another house on the street. I just like clear journalism - and it seems like that's a lost art! Too often, we seem to hear these stories about police officers harming dogs that are safely contained and have nothing to do with the home/family being visited.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:03 AM

Your point is relevant. Reports are sketchy and if you aren't there you don't really know what happened and neither do I or anybody else. Lost art for sure.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:05 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
How was this dog trouble from behind a fence?

I'd like to know why the cop was there. No one seems to indicate he was going to this house specifically.
Eviction notice, but I don't think at the house of the dog. As I saw in another article.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Lot of cop haters. Hey I don't like em either. Like I said earlier in the post they don't have an easy job. They stop and pet the dog while somebody gets killed the same dog lovers would be screaming why is the cop petting the mutt while folks are dying. So it goes. My dogs get out of whack every time a siren rolls by. That is what they do. Of course I'm not a criminal and I restrain my dogs so I'm not worried about them getting shot. I guess that is the difference.
Think you're mixing up "hate" with "stupid" I haven't seen anyone say they hate cops and I for one don't hate cops. I have cop friends and find they help our community and do a fine job. I had a dog who hated other dogs and no matter what I did he escaped his enclosure. He could jump high and get through any kennel, he was crazy that way. He did always stay in his yard it's just other animals would enter.

We put a nylon muzzle on him during the day when neighbor dogs were around, mind you I'm way out in the woods. This prevented him from biting other dogs, but he did become the dog people either liked or didn't. As for the family we couldn't have asked for a better dog and people were never his issue.

One day we got a complaint the cop showed up and he didn't even seem one bit disturbed by the dog with the muzzle.

If cops are afraid of a barking dog and don't know how to stop it or walk in with caution, maybe they're in the wrong line of work. This cop could have easily shot a child.

Don't they teach police officers how to approach property with dogs or possible dogs?

Old 04-21-2014, 08:21 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter IMO. A dog runs at me and I'm a cop I'm gonna shoot the thing. All this well I walk into houses and dogs never bite me is just all BS. Hey I do the same thing. Restrain your animal. All these folks who talk about how gentle and adorable their pits are make me laugh.

this dog was behind his own fence!!
yea some *******s think it cool to shoot a dog even an old one with no teeth
you come barging in MY house you better have a friggin gun because I sure as hell do and you shoot my dog you better hope I don't get to you!!!
restrain the *******s!!!!

Old 04-21-2014, 08:33 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Lot of cop haters. Hey I don't like em either. Like I said earlier in the post they don't have an easy job. They stop and pet the dog while somebody gets killed the same dog lovers would be screaming why is the cop petting the mutt while folks are dying. So it goes. My dogs get out of whack every time a siren rolls by. That is what they do. Of course I'm not a criminal and I restrain my dogs so I'm not worried about them getting shot. I guess that is the difference.

I DO NOT hate cops
but I do know there are some stupid one, hateful ones and some who LIKE to kill dogs!
my daddy was a cop when I was a baby and he quit because of the corruption back then
this cop was a stupid one, if he pisses in his pants because a dog BEHIND a fence scared him
then he needs to go work behind a desk, but no he shot himself which leads me to believe he does not know how to operate a gun!!
My dogs back at every one does not mean a thing
some dogs have been shot for spite, cope who have even been found LAUGHING about how the dogs collar flew off when he shot the dog's head off, oh yes these guys are real cute!!!
MOTHER SUCKERS!!!
But then there are REAL cops who know how to handle a situation, they are the hero's
one that is on face book who was sent to "kill a mean pit bull" and ended up adopting him!!! These are real men!!
I support our law enforcement and our military I DO NOT however support what this cop did
it is hard for me to feel anything but glad it was his leg and not that sweet dog!!

Old 04-21-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Think you're mixing up "hate" with "stupid" I haven't seen anyone say they hate cops and I for one don't hate cops. I have cop friends and find they help our community and do a fine job. I had a dog who hated other dogs and no matter what I did he escaped his enclosure. He could jump high and get through any kennel, he was crazy that way. He did always stay in his yard it's just other animals would enter.

We put a nylon muzzle on him during the day when neighbor dogs were around, mind you I'm way out in the woods. This prevented him from biting other dogs, but he did become the dog people either liked or didn't. As for the family we couldn't have asked for a better dog and people were never his issue.

One day we got a complaint the cop showed up and he didn't even seem one bit disturbed by the dog with the muzzle.

If cops are afraid of a barking dog and don't know how to stop it or walk in with caution, maybe they're in the wrong line of work. This cop could have easily shot a child.

Don't they teach police officers how to approach property with dogs or possible dogs?
People attack cops all over this board. Hell I do too at times. They take **** too far many times. Who said a cop is afraid of a dog...........but if a dog comes at em or is in the way from them doing their job to go save somebody if they think that situation deems then pow. Simple stuff. A child looks nothing like a dog. If you think so then you are more lost than I can even imagine. Your strawman argument is going nowhere.

Possible dogs? So a cop should now worry more about a "possible dog" than taking care of what the call is about and possibly saving somebody. Oops well there may have possibly been a dog so I had to slow down. You make no sense. Restrain your dog or if he runs at a police officer or gets in the way pow.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I DO NOT hate cops
but I do know there are some stupid one, hateful ones and some who LIKE to kill dogs!
my daddy was a cop when I was a baby and he quit because of the corruption back then
this cop was a stupid one, if he pisses in his pants because a dog BEHIND a fence scared him
then he needs to go work behind a desk, but no he shot himself which leads me to believe he does not know how to operate a gun!!
My dogs back at every one does not mean a thing
some dogs have been shot for spite, cope who have even been found LAUGHING about how the dogs collar flew off when he shot the dog's head off, oh yes these guys are real cute!!!
MOTHER SUCKERS!!!
But then there are REAL cops who know how to handle a situation, they are the hero's
one that is on face book who was sent to "kill a mean pit bull" and ended up adopting him!!! These are real men!!
I support our law enforcement and our military I DO NOT however support what this cop did
it is hard for me to feel anything but glad it was his leg and not that sweet dog!!
I've never been a cop but I would probably hate dogs if I were one. You speak of the azzhats........and of the ones who are good as did I. My point being if a dog gets in the way of you doing your job what do you do stand down and wait for the canine unit to come and Mike Vick lead the way? Do you go back to your squad car and get some dog bones while somebody is getting killed for all you know? No you do what you gotta do. Now some cop shoots a dog for the fun of it and laughs that is a whole different story. Folks think they do it all day long which isn't true either.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
People attack cops all over this board. Hell I do too at times. They take **** too far many times. Who said a cop is afraid of a dog...........but if a dog comes at em or is in the way from them doing their job to go save somebody if they think that situation deems then pow. Simple stuff. A child looks nothing like a dog. If you think so then you are more lost than I can even imagine. Your strawman argument is going nowhere.

Possible dogs? So a cop should now worry more about a "possible dog" than taking care of what the call is about and possibly saving somebody. Oops well there may have possibly been a dog so I had to slow down. You make no sense. Restrain your dog or if he runs at a police officer or gets in the way pow.
I'm not lost.......He shot his leg, what if a child had caught that loose bullet? This was an eviction notice, do you not believe in guard dogs?

Are cops going to overreact on a barking pit, shepherd, rot or dobie when it's guarding it's yard?

I understand restraining ones dog, but sh*t happens and dogs get loose, don't they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies