Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2014, 08:10 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
LOL and how did the idea of the you being white as opposed to German, or English or Scottish, or French or Greek or etc come to be?

How did the idea of race come about?

Again you should check the history of that of how Europeans became white in America. It is a story about white supremacy, racism, and hatred of black people and a whole BUNCH of racist violence. That is the actual history of how Europeans became white in this nation. That is the history and meaning of the identity that you claim.
Both of my grandparents are Irish.

Check into the way the Irish were treated in the US at one time.

Blacks voted before females in the US.

There was a Black president before a female.

Being a female in an all male occupation has been a challenge for me.....but, I made it.

Everyone has advantages and disadvantages.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:12 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Black Liberation Theology. Whiteness is evil. Just like Obama's Chicago church of 20+ years.
Lol that is another uninformed opinion considering I don't go to church and have never been to a black liberation theology church. LOL

Old 04-25-2014, 08:14 AM

89,009 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Nope that isn't my point.

My point is that social security and medicare and military spending are the largest federal government programs and are also the most popular government programs with those who identify as fiscal conservatives.
SS and Medicare are INSURANCE programs. Everyone who contributes the required premiums qualifies for the INSURANCE benefits.
26 U.S. Code Chapter 21 - FEDERAL INSURANCE CONTRIBUTIONS ACT | LII / Legal Information Institute - Cornell University Law School

Military spending is a Constitutional mandate.

Quote:
It is my position that those programs overwhelmingly benefit white people
Um... yes... because white people constitute 77.9% of the U.S. population.
USA QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Are you having a problem understanding basic math?

Old 04-25-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
It damn sure doesn't benefit us all monetarily that's for damn sure.
Exactly which people are not free to collect welfare benefits so freely provided in our sovereign country, courtesy of our Constitutionally mandated national defense? Hmmm?

Old 04-25-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post

All excellent points!

Old 04-25-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post

Being a female in an all male occupation has been a challenge for me.....but, I made it.

Everyone has advantages and disadvantages.
What an irrelevant nonsense post to what I have written.

Look someone asked me about referencing white people often and asked was I a racist.

I asked that poster were people who self identify as white are racist given the history of how Europeans became white in America.

And your post to me is bunch of unrelated feelings and reflections about the Irish, a black president, and women?

Nah, this is about the history of the white racial identity, you can either discuss that or carry on.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Lol that is another uninformed opinion considering I don't go to church and have never been to a black liberation theology church. LOL
One person is not a valid data point.

Here is Rev. Wright attributing Obama's 20+ year church's vision statement to Black Liberation Theology:
Quote:
"The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology."
Trinity UCC - talking points

Dr. James H. Cone on Black Liberation Theology:

"all white men are responsible for white oppression"
Black theology and black power - James H. Cone - Google Books+

"The goal of black theology is the destruction of everything white, so that blacks can be liberated from alien gods."
A Black Theology of Liberation - James H. Cone - Google Books

"The free per­son in America is the one who does not tolerate whiteness but fights against it, knowing that it is the source of human misery."

"Most whites, some despite involvement in protests, do believe in "freedom in democracy," and they fight to make the ideals of the Constitution an empirical reality for all. It seems that they believe that, if we just work hard enough at it, this country can be what it ought to be. But it never dawns on these do-gooders that what is wrong with America is not its failure to make the Constitution a reality for all, but rather its belief that persons can affirm whiteness and humanity at the same time."

James Cone - Faculty Biography - Union Theological Seminary

Old 04-25-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly which people are not free to collect welfare benefits so freely provided in our sovereign country, courtesy of our Constitutionally mandated national defense? Hmmm?
This doesn't reference my point in my post at all? Which is that we all don't benefit monetarily from military spending thats for damn sure

Old 04-25-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
This doesn't reference my point in my post at all? Which is that we all don't benefit monetarily from military spending thats for damn sure
What makes you think welfare recipients don't benefit from a sovereign U.S.? Who would pay for their welfare benefits if the U.S. were not a sovereign nation?

Old 04-25-2014, 08:28 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Really....can you be that dense???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies