Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2014, 10:52 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Can you be both?

A lot of people say they are both, but if you are a fiscal conservative you should probably oppose drug legalization and other socially liberal ideals, which will do nothing but cause a need for more law enforcement, rehab, welfare etc other tax payer funded actions. Why would a fiscal conservative support actions which will put more people on welfare?
Because most people are not going to try out drugs and get addicted to them starting from the day illegal drugs are legalized.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:00 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You're confusing social liberalism with fiscal liberalism. They're not the same.
I am not the one who is confused here. I have explained this to you a number of times, an I have asked you questions which I knew would help you understand your error, but you have avoided answering those questions, which can only mean you know the truth, but refuse to admit it.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:34 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
I am not the one who is confused here.
Sure seems like you are.

Social liberal and fiscal liberal are not the same thing.

Social policy and fiscal policy are not the same thing.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:46 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Study up and learn. Again, I am not promoting single payer. The whole point was to say many conservatives on this thread say single payer is a conservative dream. Get it? You are a social liberal, and allegedly fiscal conservative, which leaves you in conflict over social issues like health care.
No conservative could possibly think government controlled health care is a good thing. Those that do clearly are not conservative. So if they claim that "single-payer" is a good thing, then they obviously are not conservative no matter how much they profess otherwise. They are obviously too stupid to comprehend the meaning of conservative.

A social liberal and fiscal conservative is a schizoid. Nobody can be both for and against welfare, unless they are completely insane.

Old 05-08-2014, 12:05 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
A social liberal and fiscal conservative is a schizoid. Nobody can be both for and against welfare, unless they are completely insane.
I agree. This is why I opened this thread.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:14 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,308,065 times
Quote:

Seems you are confused ... the differences were outlined earlier in this thread.

I have NO problem being Liberal on social issues and Conservative on fiscal issues, I listed my standing on top issues earlier in this thread.

MANY Conservatives would have a problem with my opinion those families with more than two children should pay a LOT more Tax at all levels than me a "single" taxpayer, and you NEVER receive more money back than you paid in.

Should BASIC healthcare be "single payer" financed by tax dollars ?? YES
Should things like elective abortions or elective cosmetic surgery be covered under those plans? NO.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:28 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch

Quote:
I agree. This is why I opened this thread.
Good to see that you admit to trolling.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
Seems you are confused ... the differences were outlined earlier in this thread.

I have NO problem being Liberal on social issues and Conservative on fiscal issues, I listed my standing on top issues earlier in this thread.

MANY Conservatives would have a problem with my opinion those families with more than two children should pay a LOT more Tax at all levels than me a "single" taxpayer, and you NEVER receive more money back than you paid in.

Should BASIC healthcare be "single payer" financed by tax dollars ?? YES
Should things like elective abortions or elective cosmetic surgery be covered under those plans? NO.
If you advocate for more taxes, then you are not conservative. If you support single-payer, then you are not conservative.

Where do you get these incredibly bizarre definitions of conservative? Conservatives want less taxes and less government. You may very well be a social liberal, but you sure as hell are no conservative, fiscal or otherwise.

They are diametrically opposed ideologies. So there are only two possibilities. Someone who claims to be "socially liberal and fiscally conservative:"
  • Does not understand the meaning of either; or
  • Is schizophrenic and should be locked up in a rubber room.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:16 PM

1,070 posts, read 739,212 times
Since when? Conservative, republican president introduced Patriot Act, the most intrusive, big government program in history of the us.....

Quote:
If you advocate for more taxes, then you are not conservative. If you support single-payer, then you are not conservative.

Where do you get these incredibly bizarre definitions of conservative? Conservatives want less taxes and less government. You may very well be a social liberal, but you sure as hell are no conservative, fiscal or otherwise.

They are diametrically opposed ideologies. So there are only two possibilities. Someone who claims to be "socially liberal and fiscally conservative:"
  • Does not understand the meaning of either; or
  • Is schizophrenic and should be locked up in a rubber room.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Since when? Conservative, republican president introduced Patriot Act, the most intrusive, big government program in history of the us.....
Not true.

First, Presidents do not introduce legislation. Second, it was a Republican controlled House and a Democrat controlled Senate that passed the USAPATRIOT Act. Third, who ever claimed Republicans were conservative?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies