Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 10:01 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And surprise, surprise his name is NOT Koch.
Well then. Those brothers have some work to do. This is their industry. Get out the checkbooks, Charles and David. We have a bidding war.

Quote:
I wonder how many on here who have had nothing but bad things to say about the Koch Bros. will say the SAME things about this guy?

I doubt it.
Who the hell is "this guy" anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 01:01 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Default Souce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Where is your link with facts proving this???
WASHINGTON - A California hedge fund investor has pledged $100 million in contributions to pro-environmentalist congressional campaigns, bolstering the battle against climate change.

Billionaire Tom Steyer on Wednesday night hosted Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada and six other Democratic lawmakers for a fundraiser at his San Francisco home and is planning an ad campaign for candidates who support tough action on climate change.
- See more at: US billionaire to pour $100M into climate change fight | Prairie Business Magazine | Grand Forks, ND

So who are the evil Rich guys!

Old 04-20-2014, 07:02 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,386,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
To day on Fox News Californian Liberal Billionaire threatens the President to veto the Keystone Pipeline or he will not donate 100 million dollars to the DNC. Once Again the Obama Administration and the DNC is considering Political gain, in this case. Financial reward to stop the Keystone Pipe Line.

Obama is once more at the cross roads. Does he go ahead run with Keystone for the Job creation he seeks and to protect his fellow Dems? More important the welfare of a America?

Or does he bend to the Financial gain from the Environmentalist Movement?

Interesting Question to debate and we will fined out who the President will be fore and support the betterment of this Country???????
I'm sure the suspense is killing you.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:06 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
All politicians play that game to some point. I think its just Obama's lack of experience and his policies based on beliefs Myself. He had success as community leader but among people not wanting to follow/depend on the leader he doesn't come off well. Results count not what they say for most in the end.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:18 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
For everything wrong with the government of this nation, all one has to do is, FOLLOW THE MONEY

Old 04-20-2014, 07:44 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Well then. Those brothers have some work to do. This is their industry. Get out the checkbooks, Charles and David. We have a bidding war.

Who the hell is "this guy" anyway?
Actually, you illustrate the problem precisely. Liberals have nothing but scathing rebuke for the big-money Koch Brothers.....but as you have shown us......don't even know and frankly could care less about big-money liberals who do the very same thing that you folks allegedly hate about the Koch Brothers.

Not that we needed proof......but thanks anyway for proving us right.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:53 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Interesting Question to debate and we will fined out who the President will be fore and support the betterment of this Country???????
That's confusing... but the economic impact of one more pipeline into the US is negligible and arguably outweighed by eminent domain and environmental issues.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Actually, you illustrate the problem precisely. Liberals have nothing but scathing rebuke for the big-money Koch Brothers.....but as you have shown us......don't even know and frankly could care less about big-money liberals who do the very same thing that you folks allegedly hate about the Koch Brothers.

Not that we needed proof......but thanks anyway for proving us right.
Huh? I'd like all money out of politics. I'd support publically-funded campaigns, with a length of three months before elections. Not sure what 'proof' you're seeing, but it sure doesn't describe my opinion on the subject. All I wrote was that this could be seen as a bidding war. If the Kochs want Obama to approve the pipeline, make an offer. How you get a "scathing rebuke" out of that is beyond me.

I then asked who this "other guy" is? Can you answer that question rather than failing at reading my words (and mind, apparently)?

Old 04-20-2014, 08:55 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And surprise, surprise his name is NOT Koch.

I wonder how many on here who have had nothing but bad things to say about the Koch Bros. will say the SAME things about this guy?

I doubt it.
And surely you'll be very happy if that $100,000,000 ends up going to the Republican Party.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
That's confusing... but the economic impact of one more pipeline into the US is negligible and arguably outweighed by eminent domain and environmental issues.
Agreed. The 'betterment' of the country is subjective. The Rosebud Sioux Tribe, ranch owners and other property owners along its proposed path certainly disagree on the meaning of 'betterment.' The Sioux can claim religious grounds for opposing the pipeline. I wonder how many who support Hobby Lobby would stand with the Sioux on religious grounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies