Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 06:24 AM

88,673 posts, read 44,417,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Because not every parent can afford private school and it is in a state's best interest to make sure their residents are properly educated.
Then why aren't public schools actually educating students adequately? Look at the link to the NAEP chart I posted. U.S. public education is a sad, cruel joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
You are fortunate that you have the unlimited ability to pay cash at the point of service, should you become seriously ill or injured.
That's what low-cost catastrophic insurance policies are for. However, they're no longer Obamacare compliant.

Some have done the math and determined it's still cheaper to continue to buy the low-cost catastrophic policy, fund routine medical care out-of-pocket, and pay the Obamacare tax penalty, than it is to waste over ten thousand dollars annually on Obamacare premiums and deductibles before anything is even covered.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:32 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,853,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
As I already said:
I can only presume you think I get it off the magical money tree then.

If it's not from the consumer then where am I getting those funds?

Old 04-22-2014, 06:34 AM
bUU

12,077 posts, read 10,664,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I can only presume you think I get it off the magical money tree then.
My refusal to pander to your nonsense isn't a license to lie about what I think. I've made clear what I think.
Quote:
Income tax does not get passed along to poor people buying products and services in the manner you suggest. Dumbing economics down as you have simply results in a corrupted conclusion, not actual knowledge. However, again, we'll have to agree to disagree because I recognize that you're likely never going to admit such limitations in what you've posted.
That's what I think. Live with it.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:42 AM

Quote:
My refusal to pander to your nonsense isn't a license to lie about what I think. I've made clear what I think.That's what I think. Live with it.

This is a simple question, where are they coming from? Did I find them under a rock? The magical money tree? Merlin the magician?

Let's try this a different way, suppose we take our item I'm selling for $1 and the government adds a 10 cent licensing fee for me to sell that item. I increase the cost of the item to $1.10

Who's paying that fee, me or the consumer?

Old 04-22-2014, 06:44 AM
bUU

Quote:
This is a simple question, where are they coming from?
My refusal to pander to your nonsense isn't a license to lie about what I think. I've made clear what I think.

Link

You seem to be under the misconception that you get to determine the parameters of the discussion, get to impose by fiat the premises of the inquiries, get to dumb down reality to fit your corrupted preferences, and get to judge what is and is not relevant. You are a partisan in the discussion - you have a vested interest in supporting your own (albeit corrupted) perspective. As such, the petulant assumption that you have reason to moderate here is indicative more of the default right-wing perspective of elitist entitlement than of anything real. If you want to have a further discussion, then you're going to have to abide by the parameters of the discussion that I outlined. Otherwise, you can have your say, and I'll have mine.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:53 AM

Quote:
I've made clear what I think.
The problem is what you think is neither realistic or logical. It's a fairy tale just like the magical money tree.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
The problem is what you think is neither realistic or logical. It's a fairy tale just like the magical money tree.

Don't expect an answer. the truth blows their falsely constructed opinions out of the water.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:06 AM
bUU

Quote:
The problem is what you think is neither realistic or logical.
How convenient... you've deceived yourself into thinking that the only thoughts that are worthwhile are the ones you agree with. Presumptions like that make the point I made earlier even clearer.

Link

Oh wait.... you seem to think making things bold makes them matter more....

Link

Old 04-22-2014, 07:09 AM

Quote:
How convenient... you've deceived yourself into thinking that the only thoughts that are worthwhile are the ones you agree with.
The only thoughts or opinions that are worthwhile are ones based in reality. You have offered a very unrealistic opinion based on nothing.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies