Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 11:13 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,300,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Typical lib mockery. Just can't face reality that Obamacare is bad, really bad for our country.
Whenever I read a post like that one, I always hope the poster will have to experience for himself... hopefully soon ... and perhaps under an emergency situation. Noting like a brush with death to wake a person up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 11:13 AM

37,131 posts, read 42,200,354 times
I didn't get past the first 2 pages but you guys are KIDDING with your idea that this just happened with the ACA right? I mean, you can't be that dense.

This complaint about the time spent with doctors, it been an issue for longer than I can remember! I remember talking about this nearly 20 years ago and who knows how long before I noticed?

10 minutes has been a standard office visit for quite awhile. Maybe 15 in some places. Maybe you get more time if they aren't booked or at certain times of day. I too bring up several issues and sometimes they get handled and sometimes they didn't. I am aware if there were 20 people in the waiting room and sometimes I would be the one waiting because of other people's "other issues".

Don't be a fool. Stay classy.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:18 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,300,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Of course, everyone that doesn't believe your version of reality has been brainwashed, has a chip in their brain controlled by the shapeshifting lizard people...or is paid to disagree
His "version of reality?" Or your delusional view of panacea under government run health care? Personally, I think it is you who is brainwashed.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:29 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,479,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
My experience with the healthcare system has definitely degraded compared to last year, and I place all the blame on Obamacare. Here is what I experienced when I went to see my doctor for a few issues:

Copay had jumped from $25 to $35.

I go into the exam room, and the nurse wants detailed explanation of my problem. When I told her that I had more than one issue, she said, "Oh, I don't know if he will have time to talk to you about that. You are scheduled for only 10 minutes".

Wow, is there any other profession that makes $35 bucks for only 10 minutes? I miss the days when a doctor was willing to talk about all my problems and discuss a game plan instead of being rushed in and out like cattle. Ten minutes isn't enough time to do a good examination, but this is the future under Obamacare, and it will only get worse.

Thankfully, the doctor did take a bit more time to discuss a new way to treat my cholesterol since my insurance plan would stop covering all cholesterol name brand and generic drugs on May 1st. I can thank Obamacare for that one too.
He makes hundreds of dollars in those few minutes with you. 35 bucks is just the copay...

Old 04-22-2014, 11:37 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,727,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
So you're upset that the old system.... which gave you more time only because some people out there never got ANY time.... is "going away"?

And you're even more sad because tons of people who never had ANY time with a doctor will now cut into YOUR time even more? Poor guy. I guess we should feel sorry for YOU, huh?
What a pathetic acceptance you have of this mess you all voted for.

You libs claim to care for people, but here you are, right here, illustrating what us on the right have known all along. You don't care at all for other people. The fact that you could tell someone that the fact they aren't getting enough time with their doctor is no big deal, you know, you all wanted healthcare for EVERYBODY, is sickening.

Liberals disgust me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies