Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2014, 07:36 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Thanks for backing up what I was saying. It can cause flu in others. Serious illnesses have not been reported but the study was small and we have no idea whatsoever if someone else out in the world caught the flu from someone who had the vaccine and had a more serious case because most people have no idea who or where they contracted the flu from. To act like that one study is the end all be all final word is not very honest.
Actually, no serious illnesses have been reported ever.That goes beyond the small study in the package insert. It includes post-marketing surveillance.

I cannot imagine the cognitive dissonance that allows someone to fear secondary exposure to the weakened virus in the nasal flu vaccine, with no reports of serious side effects, more than exposure to the wild influenza virus, which is known to cause serious illness and death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 07:41 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Actually, no serious illnesses have been reported ever.That goes beyond the small study in the package insert. It includes post-marketing surveillance.

I cannot imagine the cognitive dissonance that allows someone to fear secondary exposure to the weakened virus in the nasal flu vaccine, with no reports of serious side effects, more than exposure to the wild influenza virus, which is known to cause serious illness and death.
To be fair if you do catch it you most likely won't die.....you'll just wish you would.

They read these out there whackos and correlate it as a higher danger then the virus. And then they tell a friend who trusts their judgement, who tells another one, who then tells the first one...suddenly not only is she saying it-but so are others, so it MUST be true!

And they simply don't comprehend that one danger is bigger then the other. Its like a guy wandering across the road looking at where he places his feet, and not looking for traffic.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:44 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Out of all the millions, perhaps billions of doses given, ONE case of flu from the vaccine has been documented AFAIK. One. And now you are questioning people's honesty.
The results were based one one small study of less then 200 people. We have no way of knowing if anyone in the general population who caught the flu, caught it from someone who had gotten the nasal mist vaccine since most people have no idea who or where they caught the flu. If anything, there needs to be further studies because one study with a relatively small sample size is not irrefutable proof that more people have not caught the flu from a person who had the nasal mist vaccine.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Please share the evidence of the post marketing surveillance that proves your claims.

Quote:
I'm not afraid of the flu. I just find it irresponsible and hypocritical to push a vaccine that has shown that it is capable of spreading the very disease it is meant to protect people from.

Last edited by MissTerri; 04-24-2014 at 08:04 PM..

Old 04-24-2014, 07:46 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
The results were based one one small study of less then 200 people. We have no way of knowing if anyone in the general population who caught the flu, caught it from someone who had gotten the nasal mist vaccine since most people have no idea who or where they caught the flu. If anything, there needs to be further studies because one study with a relatively small sample size is not irrefutable proof that more people have not caught the flu from a person who had the nasal mist vaccine.
OK I do 100 studies, each one containing 200 people. In one of those studies ONE incident occurs......

Old 04-24-2014, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
To be fair if you do catch it you most likely won't die.....you'll just wish you would.

They read these out there whackos and correlate it as a higher danger then the virus. And then they tell a friend who trusts their judgement, who tells another one, who then tells the first one...suddenly not only is she saying it-but so are others, so it MUST be true!

And they simply don't comprehend that one danger is bigger then the other. Its like a guy wandering across the road looking at where he places his feet, and not looking for traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
OK I do 100 studies, each one containing 200 people. In one of those studies ONE incident occurs......

The studies have to be based in reality. Studies that you make up in your mind don't count.

Last edited by MissTerri; 04-24-2014 at 08:05 PM..

Old 04-24-2014, 07:59 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Here are some doctors reports:

https://www.healthtap.com/topics/are...al-flu-vaccine

Oh really? So, if we didn't get this wonderful vaccine to prevent the flu, big pharma billions more on what? Chicken soup in tablet form? The truth is there is no treatment for the flu, nor the vast majority of the supposed flu which when tested shows no influenza infection. Rest ... liquids, and fever reducers from the drug store is the typical course. Virus infections cannot be treated with antibiotics or other drugs, other than the more recent creations which claim to reduce symptoms and duration.

Contrary to the insinuations, big pharma makes billions on vaccines .... the flu vaccine itself is useless in preventing flu, since the majority of cases assumed to be flu are not actually a result of influenza viruses of any type. And even when the virus types used in the vaccine are found to be a total mismatch to the virus circulating ... there is not stoppage of promoting the useless vaccine.

I'd like everyone to reread your post very carefully, so that they notice the direct contradictions ....

And then read what doctors are reporting at the top link.

These live virus vaccines are triggering all sorts of problems from asthma attacks to convulsive fevers, to more severe reactions.
Glad to see your link confirms what I have been saying.

There are antiviral medications for influenza. The two commonly used are Tamiflu and Relenza.

There are tests to confirm whether the illness is influenza. Because they are expensive, they are used only in more severe cases. People with suspected mild influenza do not need to have confirmatory testing.

In studies on the effectiveness of vaccines, confirmatory testing is done.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Oh, jeez Louise! This has already been responded to, but just keep repeating and repeating the talking point. How much studying do you think has been done of these snake oil treatments that you use?

Old 04-24-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Oh, jeez Louise! This has already been responded to, but just keep repeating and repeating the talking point. How much studying do you think has been done of these snake oil treatments that you use?
I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying if you think this has been responded to. The "treatments" I use work. They aren't "snake oil". Studies support their ability to fight the flu.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:18 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying if you think this has been responded to. The "treatments" I use work. They aren't "snake oil". Studies support their ability to fight the flu.
How many studies? How many subjects? Please elaborate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies