Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 11:32 PM

1,070 posts, read 739,212 times

Advertisements

Source, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I'm not sure about Canada, but the UK does have a higher violent crime rate than the USA. Further, there is no positive correlation between gun ownership and homicide or violent crime.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:37 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,738,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Source, please.
http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/...useronline.pdf

Harvard Study: Gun Control Is Counterproductive | The American Civil Rights Union

Harvard Study: No Correlation Between Gun Control and Less Violent Crime

Let me guess...Harvard is spreading "right wing lies", right?

What city do you like in?

Old 04-22-2014, 11:39 PM

Stop posting this nonsense. Countries with strict gun control (guns generally illegal) have much lower homicide rates than ours, our gun loving right-wing nuts are fully responsible for our high murder rate and crime.

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Canada is Canda, UK is far higher then our.

That is only because of stop and frisk, which is not longer allowed...So their crime rates will go up

Camden, NJ —Mayor Dana Redd, Democrat
Flint MI — Mayor Dayne Walling, Democrat
Detroit MI — Mayor Dave Bing/Mike Duggan, Democrat(s)
Oakland, CA — Mayor Jean Quan, Democrat
St. Louis, MO — Mayor Francis Slay, Democrat
Cleveland, OH — Mayor Frank Jackson, Democrat
Gary, IN — Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson, Democrat
Newark NJ — Mayor Corey Booker/Luis Quintana, Democrat(s)
Bridgeport, CT — Mayor Bill Finch, Democrat
Birmingham, AL — Mayor William A. Bell, Democrat

It's also important to point out that 6 out of the 10 most dangerous cities are in states with strict gun control laws.

Canada, UK, Germany all don't have a Constitution like ours...So yeah..

Yeah its about guns they are to blame, not failed schools, not lack of jobs, not a open border with a failed state...

America Is Awake, And No Long Believe Leftist Lies..

What city do you live in?

Old 04-22-2014, 11:39 PM

72,965 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Notice how the most dangerous cities are Democratic?
There is a flaw. Only murder, rape, and robbery are mentioned for the most dangerous metros. And as I looked, those are not metros, those are cities. I know this because I'm very aware of the statistics for crime rates in the cities, and those represent the city alone.

When aggravated assault is accounted for, these are the most dangerous cities.

Flint,MI (2,729.5)
Detroit,MI (2,122.9)
Oakland,CA (1,993.3)
St. Louis,MO (1,776.5)
Memphis,TN (1,750.3)
Stockton,CA (1,548.0)
Birmingham,AL (1,517.8)
New Haven,CT (1,439.2)
Baltimore,MD (1,405.2)
Cleveland,OH (1,383.8)
Atlanta,GA (1,379.0)
Rockford,IL (1,367.8
Hartford,CT (1,321.9)
Little Rock,AR (1,315.4)
Milwaukee,WI (1,294.5)
Buffalo,NY (1,288.7)
Kansas City,MO (1,263.2)
Nashville,TN (1,216.0)
Bridgeport,CT (1,205.2)
Indianapolis,IN (1,185.5)
Washington,DC (1,177.9)
Miami,FL (1,172.0)
Toledo,OH (1,171.9)
Philadelphia,PA (1,160.1 )
Newark,NJ (1,154.5)

I am not convinced that being of a particular political party makes one violent. Consider this. Madison,WI is Democrat and not a violent city. Austin,TX;San Jose,CA;Portland,OR, those are not violent cities. And they are Democratic cities. Making this a partisan issue won't solve any problems.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Stop posting this nonsense. Countries with strict gun control (guns generally illegal) have much lower homicide rates than ours, our gun loving right-wing nuts are fully responsible for our high murder rate and crime.

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yes it is us, not criminals...I love your lies are so...what is the word I am looking for....divorced from reality..

How it non-sense?

By the way what city do you live in?

Are you even American?

Old 04-22-2014, 11:44 PM

Of course. Lol Harvard study compares the us crime rates to countries such as Belorussian, Ukraine and Russia claiming no correlation between gun control and crime, but forgetting that these post-soviet countries came to existence just decades ago and still have horrible law enforcement.
Why not compare the us to other developed countries like Japan, France, Germany?
Again, countries with strict gun control have much lower homicide rates and crime rates, just compare the us to our neighbor Canada. These are the right wing, gun-loving nuts who are fully responsible for high crime rates in the us.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:46 PM

271 posts, read 341,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Time: “Young Black Men Murder 14 Times More than Young White Men” | FrontPage Magazine

If we knew would we have tried to fix it by now?

Maybe its the Thug Culture, factored in by no fathers, amplified by poverty and failed leftist programs and laws...
So you don't know why? So if no one can figure out why Blacks are so violent,and as you said,no one knows why and we can't fix the problem,then the next logical question is,whats the solution ? Why go on and on and on and on about Black crime stats..Maybe you are right..Blacks are just violent and no one knows why..What should the dominant society do with Black people as a solution?

Old 04-22-2014, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There is a flaw. Only murder, rape, and robbery are mentioned for the most dangerous metros. And as I looked, those are not metros, those are cities. I know this because I'm very aware of the statistics for crime rates in the cities, and those represent the city alone.

When aggravated assault is accounted for, these are the most dangerous cities.

Flint,MI (2,729.5)
Detroit,MI (2,122.9)
Oakland,CA (1,993.3)
St. Louis,MO (1,776.5)
Memphis,TN (1,750.3)
Stockton,CA (1,548.0)
Birmingham,AL (1,517.8)
New Haven,CT (1,439.2)
Baltimore,MD (1,405.2)
Cleveland,OH (1,383.8)
Atlanta,GA (1,379.0)
Rockford,IL (1,367.8
Hartford,CT (1,321.9)
Little Rock,AR (1,315.4)
Milwaukee,WI (1,294.5)
Buffalo,NY (1,288.7)
Kansas City,MO (1,263.2)
Nashville,TN (1,216.0)
Bridgeport,CT (1,205.2)
Indianapolis,IN (1,185.5)
Washington,DC (1,177.9)
Miami,FL (1,172.0)
Toledo,OH (1,171.9)
Philadelphia,PA (1,160.1 )
Newark,NJ (1,154.5)

I am not convinced that being of a particular political party makes one violent. Consider this. Madison,WI is Democrat and not a violent city. Austin,TX;San Jose,CA;Portland,OR, those are not violent cities. And they are Democratic cities. Making this a partisan issue won't solve any problems.
Just because a city is Democratic does not make it violent, I know this. No one is saying such..

That being said many on that list are democratic in democratic states..

2013 top ten list..

Camden, NJ —Mayor Dana Redd, Democrat
Flint MI — Mayor Dayne Walling, Democrat
Detroit MI — Mayor Dave Bing/Mike Duggan, Democrat(s)
Oakland, CA — Mayor Jean Quan, Democrat
St. Louis, MO — Mayor Francis Slay, Democrat
Cleveland, OH — Mayor Frank Jackson, Democrat
Gary, IN — Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson, Democrat
Newark NJ — Mayor Corey Booker/Luis Quintana, Democrat(s)
Bridgeport, CT — Mayor Bill Finch, Democrat
Birmingham, AL — Mayor William A. Bell, Democrat

It's also important to point out that 6 out of the 10 most dangerous cities are in states with strict gun control laws.

High tax, high regulation, amplified by laws that restrict or in same cases deny law abiding persons to defend themselves all add to created a high crime environment..

Old 04-22-2014, 11:52 PM

271 posts, read 341,357 times
I'm going to pose this question again for the entire board..Because I would love an answer to this..Why go on and on and on and on about Black crime stats?..Maybe you are right..Blacks are just violent and no one knows why..What should the dominant society do with Black people as a solution?

Old 04-22-2014, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Of course. Lol Harvard study compares the us crime rates to countries such as Belorussian, Ukraine and Russia claiming no correlation between gun control and crime, but forgetting that these post-soviet countries came to existence just decades ago and still have horrible law enforcement.
Why not compare the us to other developed countries like Japan, France, Germany?
Again, countries with strict gun control have much lower homicide rates and crime rates, just compare the us to our neighbor Canada. These are the right wing, gun-loving nuts who are fully responsible for high crime rates in the us.
Or could it be criminals do not obey the law..?

Do those nations have a Constitution which places the rights of the citizenry above politics and opinion?

Do the have open borders will a failed state like we do with Mexico?

No and No....

How are we responsible for the actions of other people, criminals, who by definition do obey the law?

What city do you live in? Are you American?

I did not know defending the Constitution made a person a nut..What does that make those who would destroy it and usurpe out freedoms?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.