Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 07:25 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
If one of these kids found their way in.......sure. But all of em. Pub stunt. Would be nice if a "black college" gave mine a free ride. Hell he can play safety too. LOL. Reverse stereotypes abound and all.
He should apply at Grambling, Howard, Morehouse, Southern, Florida A&M, Alcorn, and Bethune-Cookman. I guarantee he could get in to at least one of them. Alcorn, for example, is actively seeking white students. Problem is, many of their white students are international (especially from Russia) because not enough Americans want to attend HBCUs in Mississippi.

A kid in the next town over from me is a great football player and wrestler. He's got some prominent tattoos that I think are either Celtic or Germanic in origin. When I looked at him, I thought he was your quintessential berserker wannabe. He surprised me by accepting a full ride to an HBCU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 07:36 PM

271 posts, read 341,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I personally know white kids who did get admitted with this type of GPA.
Me too..And the whites commenting know whites who got in with those GPA's too

Old 04-22-2014, 07:46 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
No. They haven't sent any letters asking either. My mailbox is full of crap from those evil white schools though. LOL
none of the schools I got accepted to sent me letters asking me to go, and yet they accepted me when I applied.

So why not have your child send in their transcript,scholarship application and admissions application and see what happens ?

Old 04-22-2014, 07:48 PM

15,860 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
No. They haven't sent any letters asking either. My mailbox is full of crap from those evil white schools though. LOL
The school that gave me a full tuition scholarship didn't send me any unsolicited mail either, but I did get mail from Spelman College. Go figure.

How many white kids would feel comfortable being a minority? Plenty of white kids DO go to HBCUs and DO get scholarships. Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students - The Root DC Live - The Washington Post HBCUs were created at a time when black students were not allowed to attend most universities. Women's colleges were created for the same reason. So were Yeshiva and Brandeis with 100% and 55% Jewish populations respectively. You don't see anyone complaining about their admissions processes.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:49 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
He should apply at Grambling, Howard, Morehouse, Southern, Florida A&M, Alcorn, and Bethune-Cookman. I guarantee he could get in to at least one of them. Alcorn, for example, is actively seeking white students. Problem is, many of their white students are international (especially from Russia) because not enough Americans want to attend HBCUs in Mississippi.

A kid in the next town over from me is a great football player and wrestler. He's got some prominent tattoos that I think are either Celtic or Germanic in origin. When I looked at him, I thought he was your quintessential berserker wannabe. He surprised me by accepting a full ride to an HBCU.
I want him to stay close to home though..........LOL.

Yeah one of his friends is a big old redneck monster with tats all over and gets in fights all the time cuts class smokes weed etc. He fired off a 31 on the ACT and now the old mail box is full according to his dad who I am friends with. I hope the kid gets his **** straight. I used to coach him when he was little but he had an attitude back then too. Thing is get in on your merit not other things. Hell you may be onto something with what you posted to me. Thanks. My kid is thinking of Juco then transferring when he gets his electives done with which is not a bad move...........good for the pocketbook too. lol

Old 04-22-2014, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
none of the schools I got accepted to sent me letters asking me to go, and yet they accepted me when I applied.

So why not have your child send in their transcript,scholarship application and admissions application and see what happens ?
Trust me I'm not worried about the boy..........he will be president one day. Sad for you liberal folk as I have taught him well. LOL

Nothing to do about getting accepted. Of course I doubt he would at an Ivy league school even with his GPA. I was replying to the point of the thread. I guess maybe I took it off tangent so apologize.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
The school that gave me a full tuition scholarship didn't send me any unsolicited mail either, but I did get mail from Spelman College. Go figure.

How many white kids would feel comfortable being a minority? Plenty of white kids DO go to HBCUs and DO get scholarships. Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students - The Root DC Live - The Washington Post HBCUs were created at a time when black students were not allowed to attend most universities. Women's colleges were created for the same reason. So were Yeshiva and Brandeis with 100% and 55% Jewish populations respectively. You don't see anyone complaining about their admissions processes.
Well it appears times have changed as the mailbox is full........along with the military stuff. I guess the fed database is at hand targeting all who fit the picture. If my kid were a dummy the mailbox would be empty. Just like credit card apps they fire off to folks I guess. So it goes.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by othello212 View Post
Me too..And the whites commenting know whites who got in with those GPA's too
Triplets who had a news story written about em? LOL

Old 04-22-2014, 07:57 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Trust me I'm not worried about the boy..........he will be president one day. Sad for you liberal folk as I have taught him well. LOL

Nothing to do about getting accepted. Of course I doubt he would at an Ivy league school even with his GPA. I was replying to the point of the thread. I guess maybe I took it off tangent so apologize.
Why would it be sad for us Liberals ? If what you post on this site is actually what you believe, then all of us Liberals will be better off.

as for the thread, it got off topic long ago.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:59 PM

Most do.

No I will order him to sick the IRS on liberals. See how that works? I doubt you ever will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies