Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2014, 07:07 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Keep standing up for citizens rights and the constitution of this country, while your kind keeps trading in their rights for government safety.
How do you plan to stand up for rights?

Old 04-23-2014, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
What we can do, wait, watch, vote, train...and hope for once the defecation does not hits the oscillation.
So continue to do nothing?

Old 04-23-2014, 07:09 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
You are wrong: its a democratic country and Obama isn't Putin.
In 2016 (very soon) a new POTUS will be elected. Same with congress. Everything goes back to square one and anything is possible.
"Same with congress"? You mean with garbage like charlie rangel, john dingell, mitch mcconnell, joe biden, etc., in the congress /senate for 40 years or more, we have a frequent invigoration of new blood? Are you serious?

What is the incumbent re-election rate for federal and state elected officials, 75%?

Quote:
As I mentioned above: congress and administrations change. Here is a question: since 1965 a few republicans occupied the white house.
Q - Why they didn't stop the tsunami of poor immigrants flowing in the US?
A - Because they also liked it. You'll find many hard core republicans and conservatives supporting this even today. Cheap labor? A blessing to our economy! Big employers and corporations which donate to republicans are very much in favor. With different interests both parties joined forces to let America down.
Stop with the strawman BS, no one here is claiming that the republicans or democrats are good, they are both utter filthy vermin who should be removed from this planet like a cancer.

As for corporate donations to the democrat party, go look it up - it is right up there with donations to republicans.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:12 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This poster identified a problem of government only serving the needs of the rich and corporations. This person identified a shrinking middle class, stagnating wages, and jobs going overseas, which is because the government serves the needs of the rich and corporations.

But who does that poster say is the cause of the problems? undocumented immigrants.

Reaching such a conclusion shows a mind filled with hatred and bigotry, because undocumented immigrants have nothing to do with those identified problems.
You clearly either have a reading comprehension problem, or do not read the posts on prior pages.

As I said earlier, illegals are ONE OF THE TOOLS that the corporates and wealthy are using to undermine the middle class and rest of the country.

A person whose only response to the very legitimate desire to stop all illegals from entering the country, and remove all of those here is "you're a bigot/you're racist!" has no ability to think for themselves, and no place in my thread.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:14 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
How do you plan to stand up for rights?

Simple, if you dont know then i cant help you.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:22 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,175,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Apart from the "civil war" aspect of it, I'm in total agreement with the OP as to the destructive policies of this government, regardless of which party is in power. And I lean left.

The government is doing the bidding of big business and not anyone else. The Dems throw rhetorical bones to minorities, and the Repubs throw rhetorical bones to whites and Christians.

We have high unemployment and the government continues to allow floods of foreign skilled and unskilled workers to undercut it's citizenry. This benefits no one except the rich, except maybe Latino activist groups that see their power rise as the number of Latinos explodes.

..and you have leftists and corporate right wingers in bed with this policy..one side calls anyone who criticizes it "racist, xenophobic", and the other proclaims this is just the invisible hand of the free market and this is how it should work out naturally.
There is nothing wrong with allowing more immigrate to this country IF they are willing to work. But the problem is most of them who are willing to work will also eligible for welfare. So we have to get rid of the welfare or only make them temporary like 6 months.

Another problem is there is too much regulations the government is putting on small business.

The tax code is 70,000 pages and no one can claim know the tax code inside out, not even the "genius" working for the IRS.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:24 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
A few things.

1) God has nothing to do with U.S. materialism. Most of the plutocracy is right-wing authoritarianism that share a hardened stance on neoliberal economic policy (which is a failure).

2) The cost of things is not skyrocketing. Inflation is the tamest it has ever been. Inflation has averaged ~2% over the last five years, and just 1.5% last year.

3) $8 / gallon gas would be a great thing for this country actually. It will force the poor and Middle Class to amend their lifestyles into something more sustainable. That means less 60 mile commutes, less envy over suburban McMansions, and less government bribery for large oil companies (that come from the same taxpayers bitching about oil prices). Lower greenhouse gases and more efficient vehicles will also be a welcomed side effect.

So you have no problem with he poor and middle class having a even lower standerd of living then they have now...Wow..

Old 04-23-2014, 07:27 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
I'd say I would think by now that there would be some type of disturbance, riots, uprising in this country. Things have been falling apart for some years now. However I'm not really surprised that nothing has happened, because so many Americans are complacent. Look at many of the young people now days. Watch them sometimes. They barely know anyone exists, unless they are interested in them. That is when they can take their eyes off their Smart Phones. Remember this is the segment of the population, that is the future of this country now and in the coming years.

I don't really see how the US can continue the way it is. The path we are travelling seems very concerning to say the least. I don't think the country and many that live in it live in reality. I think way to many people in this country are just complainers and not doers. Unless something such as some tragedy or hurt comes their way, they just don't seem to care all that much. So will there be a Civil War or some disturbance in this country at some point. Maybe but most likely not in my lifetime, not with the complacent crowd that seems to populate this country now.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:27 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
No, the Middle Class success has very little to do with immigration.

1) Treaty of Detroit (unions, baby!) - Unions protect domestic wages. Period. You can't show a shred of evidence that unions are bad for wages. The decline of unions in this country moves wages in the opposite direction.

2) The War - We will never experience economic growth as during the WW2 and post-war era. We are fully developed now.

3) Neoliberal Revolution - call it what you want, but tax cuts for the 1% (and most significantly, the 0.01%) starve the middle and lower classes while exacerbating the gap between the rich and the poor.

Correct. Immigration however is needed to replace our aging population. There are other measures that can be used to protect domestic wages (again, collective bargaining, import taxes, and more wealth redistribution).

Agree partially. However, the problem *is* mostly the GOP. The GOP is blatantly the party of the 1% when it comes to policy.

Washington DC is -

Democrats: help the poor and protect the rich
Republicans: to hell with the poor and protect the rich

Democrats are the lesser of two evils currently, and the best shot at preserving a civilized American society.
Yeah which party has opened the floodgates with the Immigration act of 1965, and has prevented us for securing the US/Mexico border,

How has that war on poverty? How did that work out?

This idea that you are the helpers of the poor is a joke, you just explote them and keep them poor in order to keep them voting for you..

Old 04-23-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Simple, if you dont know then i cant help you.
I don't see you right wingers really doing anything, other than a few people standing next to some deadbeat rancher who refuses to pay his bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies