Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 06:14 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
So we should trust everything every scientist says. Like those Big Pharma companies for example. Or the medical profession, who often act as shills for Big Pharma ..... Sorry, but I'm smarter than that!

As a matter of fact, I do. Mistrust those who hold out their computer models as Truth, that is. The old principle of Garbage In, Garbage Out will always apply.

I guess you think we should accept the literal truth of computer models the way some folks accept the literal truth of the bible. Ever wonder why you folks are accused or practicing a religion?
Do you have better prediction tools than computer models, maybe looking in the rear view mirror 100 years from now to confirm the predictions are valid.

Those computer models are based on science by the way.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:46 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I guess you don't trust thermometers either, right?
That's funny. I have a plot of unadjusted raw temp data from NOAA for Palo Alto. The line is flat over 60 years.

Download your set and and plot it.

Old 05-17-2014, 10:53 AM

663 posts, read 503,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
So we should trust everything every scientist says. Like those Big Pharma companies for example. Or the medical profession, who often act as shills for Big Pharma ..... Sorry, but I'm smarter than that!

As a matter of fact, I do. Mistrust those who hold out their computer models as Truth, that is. The old principle of Garbage In, Garbage Out will always apply.

I guess you think we should accept the literal truth of computer models the way some folks accept the literal truth of the bible. Ever wonder why you folks are accused or practicing a religion?
Have you wondered why the religious crowd and the scientists don't get along very well?

The type of scientists involved climate research and medical research are different, and yet they share the passion for research. Of course, money is involved. This is capitalism after all.

Let me ask when your relative is dying, you question science and refuse medical treatment? How about practicing some prevention in both health and the environment? Actually riding a bike can bridge the gap and help both.

Old 05-17-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I guess you don't trust thermometers either, right?
Right, they may have been "manipulated" in the manufacturing process to make you feel in your comfort zone, when it's actually unbearably hot.

The weatherman can be lying to you too, so he can keep you uninformed about an approaching storm and you leave your rain gear at home. That's why I ALWAYS take my umbrella with me.

Old 05-17-2014, 12:00 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
That's funny. I have a plot of unadjusted raw temp data from NOAA for Palo Alto. The line is flat over 60 years.

Download your set and and plot it.
That proves what to you?

Old 05-17-2014, 12:02 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,132,711 times
This looks about right to me...

Old 05-18-2014, 01:16 AM

Wow, that Boiling Frog was really in her comfort zone.

Anyway Climate Change will hit in many ways, some of them unimaginable:

Climate change will hit nations’ creditworthiness -S&P

Climate change will hit nations

It must be serious when they are talking about money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies