Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 10:04 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,167,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
In the case of marijuana, sometimes it heals the body as it has medicinal uses. The only potential damage that it can cause comes only from smoking it. Maybe you are forgetting that smoking is just one way to use marijuana.
Irresponsible use of anything especially dope is stupid.

Stoners only want to escape from reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 10:05 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,843,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Remember, to Leftists, anyone who doesn't agree with them is a "hater."
Still living up to the antithesis of your name, I see.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:06 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,959,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I don't see legality as the main issue here. Although I'd pefer not to have to deal with drivers impaired in any way I'd much rather be on the road with people smoking illegal weed than those impaired by legal alcohol, Ambien, or that text message to Mary Lou that just couldn't wait until he car was parked. (Il)legality does noting to affect the degree of impairment.
Sorry burdell "legality" is the main issue. Don't go on your stoner drivers are better than drunk thing either as many do. They are all impaired. Same with pharm drugs who impair you. They are legal to be taken while not driving though.

Legality is the "law" though. Vote different like Colorado if you disagree. Thankfully big bro has left em alone. States should have the say. Law is the only thing stopping us from anarchy.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Irresponsible use of anything especially dope is stupid.

Stoners only want to escape from reality.
Not just stoners. Lot of ways to escape. Some are legal and some aren't. The ones who choose the illegal side of things think it's not fair. So it goes.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:09 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,176,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
There is no such thing as responsible use of a substance that inevitably damages the body.

To think otherwise is massive stupidity.
So, why is it we don't see you starting threads favoring a return to the prohibition of alcohol and initiating a prohibition of tobacco? What is it about weed that in your imagination is so much more harmful than those two substances?

Old 04-23-2014, 10:13 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,843,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Do you have drug testing at their jobs???
Most are self-employed/independent contractors. It takes a lot of self-discipline to support yourself when you are self-employed--I have been for about 15 years now, so I can attest to that fact--yet pot has not affected my ability to support myself in the least.

I do know two people who were regular users who were out of work when their company went out of business and are now working at companies that do random drug testing, so they no longer can use. Which is ridiculous, as they have both been gainfully employed for decades while they were smokers and it never in any way impacted their employment.

Random drug testing should be outlawed. A person can drink a 12 pack the night before and come to work hungover and not fit for work, but won't be caught in a drug test, but someone who smoked pot recreationally over the week-end on their own time can lose their job for it. Ridiculous.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So, why is it we don't see you starting threads favoring a return to the prohibition of alcohol and initiating a prohibition of tobacco? What is it about weed that in your imagination is so much more harmful than those two substances?
It is quite the conundrum. I have to find a way to explain it to the kids........but you gotta be 21 first anyway so that is that.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Most are self-employed/independent contractors. It takes a lot of self-discipline to support yourself when you are self-employed--I have been for about 15 years now, so I can attest to that fact--yet pot has not affected my ability to support myself in the least.

I do know two people who were regular users who were out of work when their company went out of business and are now working at companies that do random drug testing, so they no longer can use. Which is ridiculous, as they have both been gainfully employed for decades while they were smokers and it never in any way impacted their employment.

Random drug testing should be outlawed. A person can drink a 12 pack the night before and come to work hungover and not fit for work, but won't be caught in a drug test, but someone who smoked pot recreationally over the week-end on their own time can lose their job for it. Ridiculous.
It is.

Yet so are many things our government imposes on us. Why do liberals only scream about pot though is the question. What about all the other crap our government imposes on us that they apparently don't care about? Thing is we are all in the same book...........just on different pages.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:17 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,176,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Sorry burdell "legality" is the main issue. Don't go on your stoner drivers are better than drunk thing either as many do. They are all impaired. Same with pharm drugs who impair you. They are legal to be taken while not driving though.

Legality is the "law" though. Vote different like Colorado if you disagree. Thankfully big bro has left em alone. States should have the say. Law is the only thing stopping us from anarchy.[/quote]

Well, weed IS legal in Colorado so this thread is as pointless as it appears, eh?

Old 04-23-2014, 10:21 AM

24,834 posts, read 37,263,299 times
Ultimate Workers Fail Compilation 2013 || Uniformedia - YouTube

I am not saying these guys are high.....but, it would explain a little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies