Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 11:16 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
You might as well stay indoors if you think this is so scary...
Look, I hunted, my family hunted....I didn't post this to get smart remarks but open for discussion so that perhaps if my fears are unmerrited, then prove it to me, by intellect and sensible common sense discussion....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 11:20 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Glitch, I can understand Alaska, really I can, but not GA, that is where so so so many crazies are, in all these larger cities. Your going to have people going out and purchasing guns simply b/c they can, and then walking around playing vigulantee...

Alaska is still pure pristine wilderness.....where you need to have some form of protection against the elements of the wilderness....GA certainly does not.
Inherent individual rights do not change from State to State. Everyone, who is not a convicted felon or declared by the courts as mentally incompetent, has the individual right to bear arms. It should not matter what State they live in.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:21 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,657,901 times
Quote:
Look, I hunted, my family hunted....I didn't post this to get smart remarks but open for discussion so that perhaps if my fears are unmerrited, then prove it to me, by intellect and sensible common sense discussion....
Whats the difference between a cop carrying and a law abiding citizen that has passed current checks and is eligible to carry?

You are trying to predict something based off your emotions and fear. At anytime anyone can just go crazy with any weapon be it a car , bomb , knife , or gun.

Criminals carry illegal guns every day, but a law abiding citizen sets you into fear? Interesting.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:21 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
I wonder how Georgia managed to get by without "guns everywhere" for the last 300 years. These laws are just pandering to the wingnuts in their states. They ignore the desires of others in their states to score political points with a narrow groups of extremists. It is going on all over. Yesterday, Gov. Brewer of AZ vetoed a couple of guns laws which would have done much the same as what happened in GA. In her veto message she notes that such legislation ought to consider the interest and desires and seek agreement among as many stakeholders as possible. In AZ as in GA, the law was opposed by public officials, by law enforcement at every level, and by business groups. Brewer had the sense of governance to recognize that these voices count too. Governor Deal did not.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:28 AM

[quote=aedubber;34490473]Whats the difference between a cop carrying and a law abiding citizen that has passed current checks and is eligible to carry?

You are trying to predict something based off your emotions and fear. At anytime anyone can just go crazy with any weapon be it a car , bomb , knife , or gun.

Quote:
Criminals carry illegal guns every day, but a law abiding citizen sets you into fear? Interesting.
ok, I won't deny you could be right, but.....I don't know how to feel about this....and you make a very good point...thank you

Old 04-23-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
yeah, but again, GA is not Alaska....it's a whole different ball game.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it really scares me to think of this....

and will give kids more access to guns....who will take them to school and shoot some kid that is bothering them....yanno?

There are a whole lot of irresponsible crazies in the U.S.
What makes you think that individual rights should be treated differently from State to State?

From 1977 through 1989 every High School built in Anchorage included an indoor gun range for the express purpose of teaching children firearm safety. Some teachers are also armed in Alaska.

I began hunting with my father by age 8. On my tenth birthday my father bought me my first shotgun, and that was when we lived in California.

The NRA "Eddie Eagle" program has been teaching children firearm safety for decades.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
What makes you think that individual rights should be treated differently from State to State?

From 1977 through 1989 every High School built in Anchorage included an indoor gun range for the express purpose of teaching children firearm safety. Some teachers are also armed in Alaska.

I began hunting with my father by age 8. On my tenth birthday my father bought me my first shotgun.

The NRA "Eddie Eagle" program has been teaching children firearm safety for decades.
OK, OK, like I said, I could be wrong, time will tell, I don't know how to feel about this, but you all make a good argument.....

I'm thinking Alaska, open country, preditors, arm and protect....

Old 04-23-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
OK, OK, like I said, I could be wrong, time will tell, I don't know how to feel about this, but you all make a good argument.....

I'm thinking Alaska, open country, preditors, arm and protect....
It has nothing to do with the intended purpose of owning a firearm, and everything to do with your individual right.

Should your First Amendment rights be suppressed, restricted, or limited from State to State? Then the same answer must be applied to all inherent rights.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
It has nothing to do with the intended purpose of owning a firearm, and everything to do with your individual right.

Should your First Amendment rights be suppressed, restricted, or limited from State to State? Then the same answer must be applied to all inherent rights.
yep, I guess the more I think about it, the more makes perfect sense....

Old 04-23-2014, 11:46 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,108,151 times
Very pleased to read that this bill was passed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies