Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2014, 02:17 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,412,690 times

Advertisements

Iran Can Actually Teach The US About Something

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 02:23 PM

702 posts, read 726,949 times
The government can either pay to help provide contraception and family planning services to everyone or they can pay for more people on assistance, in public schools, in foster care, or in prison. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, as they say.

Old 04-23-2014, 02:27 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
My suggestion: all Malthusian progressive eugenicists should volunteer to self-terminate for the good of the many.

Old 04-23-2014, 02:28 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,536,396 times
Sheesh, what an article. The US already does what Iran does, to quote from the article; "Under these new policies, Iran’s government clinics offered free contraceptives to the public, even at rural health centers. Medical professionals were instructed to promote contraceptives as an effective tool to allow more time between births while reducing maternal and child mortality, and couples planning to marry were first required to participate in family planning counseling"

I'm sure that many people here in the states would support family planning before marriage, I think you guys call them the "Religous Right". No thanks.

And since those doom and gloom scenarios about over population have been proven correct 100% in the past, I'll post some of their better "hits";

by Lester Brown, 1981
....the period of global food security is over. As the demand for food continues to press against supply, inevitably real food prices will rise. The question no longer seems to be whether they will rise, but how much.

by Lester Brown, 1994
The world's farmers can no longer be counted on to feed the projected additions to the world's population.

Paul Ehrlich, 1971
By the year 2000 the United Kingdom will be simply a small group of impoverished islands, inhabited by some 70 million hungry people ... If I were a gambler, I would take even money that England will not exist in the year 2000.

Paul Ehrlich, 1970
In ten years all important animal life in the sea will be extinct. Large areas of coastline will have to be evacuated because of the stench of dead fish."

What we should do is model our treatment of woman and gays after the Iranians, since they're so forward thinking and all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies