Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2014, 12:29 PM

540 posts, read 453,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Fail. I'm not a single mother, I'm a guy so I'll never be a single mother.

If a guy doesn't want to be part of the child's life, if he doesn't want to be a father, I doubt most women would want him to be there. He'd be a p*ss poor rolemodel.

I think children are better off without a father figure in their life if those fathers are complete losers that don't give a crap and look at women as sexual conquests.
They wouldnt be loser fathers if the mom didnt have sex with a loser man and have his baby.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:30 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yshudicare View Post
They wouldnt be loser fathers if the mom didnt have sex with a loser man and have his baby.

Sure, but once that happens, then you move on and deal.

Can't put the genie back in the bottle.

I'm all for women being more selective with who they date and sleep with. It helps me out a great deal.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Where did I say the physical doesn't matter? I didn't. I said there are consequences. Raising a child is a consequence. Having an abortion is a consequence. Both have financial, physical, and probably most importantly, mental and emotional consequences.

It's sickening that there are guys in this world that view it as simple as: well, she can go have an abortion, she'll be fine in a few days. No big deal.

These people must not know any adult women.
Adult women get abotions. Its a option she is free to choose. If youre so worried about hurt feelings then use birthcontrol. Or choose better men.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:32 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,198 times
Quote:
Women are the gatekeepers to sex. Their consent is what matters. But that seems to be forgotten here

Old 04-24-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Sure, but once that happens, then you move on and deal.

Can't put the genie back in the bottle.

I'm all for women being more selective with who they date and sleep with. It helps me out a great deal.
He is free to leave or stay just as she is free to keep or abort it. Nature isnt fair. Women have kids therefore its up to them to choose a good mate.

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
I agree with that, but it would have a huge impact on society, and probably not for the better.

There was good reason why in many states fathers weren't and aren't added to birth certificates, it is because there isn't the confidence of paternity established.

I know this isn't progressive, but I'm about ready for the forced temporary sterilization of male and females on public assistance.

At a minimum, you shouldn't get more SNAP/WIC/whatever for adding children.
I agree with you on that, but that would simply be eugenics. What I think is needed instead, is a system that rewards those who have less kids or no kids at all, when they cannot afford to raise them. What we have is the opposite, where each social security number is treated as additional tax credits and financial assistance. Unfortunately, in some instances kids are only seen as that and nothing more.

Quote:
Adult women get abotions. Its a option she is free to choose. If youre so worried about hurt feelings then use birthcontrol. Or choose better men.

Yes, and it is a consequence... yet you deny that women have consequences. Incorrectly.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:36 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,564 times
Enormous amount of butt-hurt in this thread.

I don't understand how this story creates such a argument. She chose a POS deadbeat for a boyfriend and was apparently too narrow minded to see the forest through the trees. I don't feel sorry for people with kids they struggle to pay for, my sisters included. It all goes back to their poor choices and gullibility.

Now they both have to live with their choices, and sadly she has to work her ass off or be a burden on her parents or society since she cares about her kid. It's sad people can't learn without the hard knocks. He'll continue to be a useless turd to society while spreading his seed with women who are "finding themselves" that buy into his drivel or are just as big as dirtbags as him.

It's not that uncommon and there's not a fix for it. While it helps, education and wealth does not equate or even relate to drive, ambition or empathy. There's men out there that are highly educated and wealthy that would do the same as Carl just because they don't care. There's women that use the kid as a bargaining chip and not really care about the welfare of said child.

At the end of the day you sleep in the bed you made.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:36 PM

Quote:
He is free to leave or stay just as she is free to keep or abort it. Nature isnt fair. Women have kids therefore its up to them to choose a good mate.

As long as he pays so it doesn't come from my tax money. Not my business.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:37 PM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Feminism, and political correctness is what happen, and now this nation/society is going to suffer long term because of it. In a effort to "level the playing field" all the focus and priority was givin to girls at the expense of boys. Young boys in school are pretty much neglected now. The pendulum has swung all the way to the other side. Anybody who can't see that either not too bright or and ideologue.
I guess I'm not too bright, could you enlighten me on specifically how " all the focus and priority was givin to girls at the expense of boys" and how feminism is responsible for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies