Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2014, 05:54 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Thats why professional men wont commit to women or have kids with them.
Now you're really looking ridiculous. I work and have worked with hundreds of medical professionals. Almost all of them are married, most of them with children. You don't have a clue what you're yabbering on about.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:55 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yshudicare View Post
Dont have sex ladies and losers cant knock you up
Did you do it?
I didn't pick a loser. Haha.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:55 PM

540 posts, read 453,439 times
Quote:
Its hard to extract wealth from someone who lays around and smokes weed though, thats why its an epidemic problem.
Then stop sleeping with weed smoking losers.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:56 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yshudicare View Post
Then stop sleeping with weed smoking losers.
Or one could stop encouraging and promoting a mindset that a guy has zero responsibility towards his children thus the weed smoking losers will pay or find a way to pay for their children rather than get other taxpayer's money.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:56 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
To provide sex the way the husband wants it.
Excuse me, the 12th century is calling, they want you back.

Are you freakin' kidding me?

Old 04-24-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Did you do it?
I didn't pick a loser. Haha.
I dont have kids. And I dont sleep with guys me being heterosexual and all.

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
The reason there is child support and the state backs it is because it does indeed cost money to raise a child. If the parents (both of them) don't contribute, then the state does though our tax dollars.

The way child support works is the state calculates how much it costs to raise a child in your area including based on the cost of living--things such as child care, health insurance, food, shelter, clothes, school supplies, special needs if any, etc... That number is added up. Then they figure out what each parent owes (yes, both).

If the parent lives with the mother, then it's assumed she pays all the bills and the father essentially reimburses her for the amount it costs to raise his child. If the child lives with the father, then the mother reimburses the mother for the amount it costs to raise her child. If there is equal custody and both parents raise the child... the amount of child support drops. Basically, both parents have responsibility to support their children financially. When a split occurs and one parent has physical custody of the children, that parent's responsibility is fulfilled by being the custodial parent. The other parent then makes a child support payment which fulfills that non-custodial parent's financial responsibilities.

If you (as a man or woman) have a child, split up from the other parent and don't want to actually pay a child support payment to your ex... simply take responsibility and raise your child or at least raise your child 50% of the time.

Despite what some are saying, the vast majority of fathers pay child support. Deadbeat dads, while popularized in the media, are rare. The reason, most dads care about their children and the welfare of their children--even if they aren't attached to their mother anymore.

Also, the obligation to pay child support has nothing to do with marriage.

Overall, the child support system is fair... it's gender blind and the only and primary goal is the welfare of the children as well as making sure those children aren't dependent on the state (makes sure the two people who made the child pay... not the rest of us).

However, there is an injustice that's related to the child support system. One parent can deny another parent access to children, but that parent being denied still has to pay support. Child support payments and visitation are considered by the law to be totally separate issues by the state. If a parent is having an issue with this, that parent needs to get a lawyer, go back to court, and get a court order... maybe even petition to get custody.

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yup, and that is why they (both men and women) that abandon their obligations need to be put to work, even drafted, to pay their debts.

People that are responsible for their actions and work and pay taxes shouldn't have to pay for scumbags and lazy cretins, male or female.
Its a big game of chess and I work very hard to make sure that I minimize any expendetures that dont directly bennift me. I would go as far as leaving my country and seeking citizenship else where if our govt starts getting too totalitarian.

You should not be expected to pay for anyones kids with tax money, the mother should suffer with the kid if she is the cause of the relationship failure. If things went back to that people would find a little more intestinal fortitude to do what they are suppose to. As it stands now men are suppose to be responsible but women can do what ever can collect funds. It wont last becuase the society will colapse as it is now.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:00 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Hmm no wonder in my opinion it seems gals are becoming far less interested in marriage.
Nah just weeding out the male chauvinism.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Excuse me, the 12th century is calling, they want you back.

Are you freakin' kidding me?
Women shouldnt be forced to follow ancient gender roles like cooking cleaning and sex. Men shouldnt be forced into gender roles liking working to care for women and children or giving them money. Women can take care of themselves with the help of the state or some man. Neither gender is obligated to support the other
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies