Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 06:24 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,232,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Likely they whine because they don't want their child treated badly and they don't understand how a father could have a partner who treats his child badly. Her having another guy is irrelevant unless that guy treats the kids badly and that doesn't seem to be the case going by your statement noting only the dad's new gal is mistreating the kid.

Perhaps the ex should get to decide because there are other ways to harm a child than physical such as emotional, verbal, and psychological. So it seems not only do you not care to financially support your kids you'll allow your partner to treat them anyway as long as they don't put their hands on them? You seemingly epitomize my opinion on males.
I have seen many cases where the mom has alot of options and the dad does not so just takes what he can get. Thats just life.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:24 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,558 times
Quote:
I didn't go to insults. Stating I find his mother's actions more important as it seems his father's actions weren't effective isn't an insult when asked whose actions I find more important.
And you based that off your extensive knowledge of my personal life......

Old 04-24-2014, 06:25 PM

867 posts, read 909,876 times
The only thing that bums me out about this whole thread is that Slate is getting a lot of publicity and advertising money for it. Did I not know better and were I not a religious man I would start my own version of Slate geared towards disaffected men. I would pad it with a bunch of research articles which I know have questionable methodology like Slate. I would make it seem mainstream like Slate by calling it a media outlet. I would make a killing out of advertising. It's the perfect business very little overhead (they don't even publish on paper), no oversight. But alas I'm afraid God would toss me into hell after I died for doing so because I know better. That's all the bums me out. I know there is a demand for it but no, I fear my eternal soul and I know better.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:25 PM

540 posts, read 453,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Are you really this blissfully unaware of life?
You didnt answer anything. You just seem to subscribe to the "oops its not my fault because" theory. Use a pill. Make him wear a condom. The chances of them both failing is so low theyd both have to be expired during her most fertile days. If you use expired birthcontrol you deserve what you get for being careless

Old 04-24-2014, 06:26 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,640,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yshudicare View Post
And having a mother negates all father figures. Kids without fathers are far more likely to end up in prison or on drugs. Stats show this. And being a mom doesnt make you a good one. Child death stats also prove that. Kids need fathers. The biological father especially. The biggest contributers of child abuse are the bio mothers or her boyfriend/childs step-dad.
Likely the kids without fathers are more likely to end up in prison or on drugs not because they don't have a father figure but because single mothers generally tend to be low-income or lacking funds. Drugs and prison seems to be quite a tendency in this income bracket. So it seems more like kids need cash not fathers as having/being a father doesn't make you a good one. Likely the biggest contributors of child abuse are the bio mothers because there are more single mothers than fathers so again it's telling how despite this the statistics I've seen show the biggest contributors of sexual child abuse are the bio fathers.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
And you based that off your extensive knowledge of my personal life......
I base that off your postings hence the keyword: seems...... You do have adequate reading comprehension to differentiate between a claim and a perception correct?

Old 04-24-2014, 06:28 PM

52,294 posts, read 52,734,263 times
The complete lack of life understanding and ignorance in this thread is completely jaw dropping.......

540 posts, read 453,600 times
Quote:
I didn't go to insults. Stating I find his mother's actions more important as it seems his father's actions weren't effective isn't an insult when asked whose actions I find more important.
You talked about his mothers mistakes. How is it not? Its his personal life. You are backpedaling from an insult

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
You didnt answer anything. You just seem to subscribe to the "oops its not my fault because" theory. Use a pill. Make him wear a condom. The chances of them both failing is so low theyd both have to be expired during her most fertile days. If you use expired birthcontrol you deserve what you get for being careless
I didn't see a need to answer anything. Your post was so completely ignorant that I simply had to comment on it. Go on back and read what you wrote. Go on.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
You talked about his mothers mistakes. How is it not? Its his personal life. You are backpedaling from an insult
I didn't talk about his mothers mistakes...show me where I talked about his mothers mistakes. Quite curious as to your support considering I stated I find her actions more important unlike his fathers.

I'm not backpedaling. I was asked to judge something and I did. Just because you don't like what is said doesn't necessarily make it an insult. You are aware that talking about mistakes when judging something doesn't automatically equate to an insult correct? If you ask how you did on a test and your teacher stated you got (insert number) wrong that isn't necessarily an insult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies